D3 EU Forum Topic - Well Worth a Read

So I was reading through the battle.net D3 forums and came across this players idea, figured he needed more likes and whatnot to get it noticed by the devs and maybe plonked into game if we are lucky.

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/8230203069

His idea is like an expanded Lore system for Legendaries and Sets informing the player as they unlock the sets/legs about the person behind the name (Tal'Rasha etc.).

He mocked up images to go with as well, really well done and very very cool looking. Pretty much every response so far has been a resounding yes, so go check it out. For those of you who like the Lore side of things (would assume it's a fair few since game-forum goers are in the hardcore section of playerbase and care a bit more about the game).

Cheers!

P.S Don't know the guy, but thought the idea was really cool and would be nice to see if we can get it added into RoS, since there is still plenty of time left before release and they are still iterating on design etc. Anyway, peace!
    Very nice idea. Nice pictures too. :)
    This isn't such a bad idea, I actually like it, more than I think I normally would.

Only thing is, to make it more "accessible" and by that I mean "less lazy" instead of having it in the main menus, make it panel out from the Quest / Lore Book section in-game, a more natural place, and most of all keeps us in the game!

I think the other reason I like it so much is that it can be folded into what the "Devil's Hand" is going to be, and vice versa expanding each idea to the other for old and new players a like!
    Very nice indeed. I'll give it my support.
    Love that. Absolutely love.
    Quote from drjdredscythe

Only thing is, to make it more "accessible" and by that I mean "less lazy" instead of having it in the main menus, make it panel out from the Quest / Lore Book section in-game, a more natural place, and most of all keeps us in the game!

Oh please no.

We allready got enugh cutscenes and menus popping up and dialogues that keep pulling us out of the monster killing. If anything I would like a option to completely disable lore in the game.

I dont mind if they want to add more lore in a menu someplace, but I would not read it and I hope it would be implemented in a non intrusive way.
    Quote from Twoflower

Quote from drjdredscythe

Oh please no.

We allready got enugh cutscenes and menus popping up and dialogues that keep pulling us out of the monster killing. If anything I would like a option to completely disable lore in the game.

I dont mind if they want to add more lore in a menu someplace, but I would not read it and I hope it would be implemented in a non intrusive way.

Uhm.....you don't HAVE to go look at it. It's just accessible through the 'Lore/Journal' window.
    Fabulous idea, though I definitely think that IF it is put in place, it should be for ALL Legendaries, not only sets.
    A bit of background lore on Buriza Do Kyanon, or Skorn, or ANY legendary item for the matter would really be a BLAST to have.
    Quote from Nyarlathotep

Fabulous idea, though I definitely think that IF it is put in place, it should be for ALL Legendaries, not only sets.
    A bit of background lore on Buriza Do Kyanon, or Skorn, or ANY legendary item for the matter would really be a BLAST to have.

I'd like that.
    Because I'm a sucker for statistics, I'd like a page where you can see how often you found a certain Legendary item.
    And while we're at it:
    -How many potions you drank
    -How often you died
    -highest critical hit
    -most critical hits in a row
    -most damage dealt to multiple enemies at once
    -how many gems you found
    -how many gems you crafted
    -how many in-game miles you walked
    -how many different pieces of gear you used

GIMME DEM STATS!
    Quote from Flexy

Quote from Nyarlathotep

I'd like that.
    Because I'm a sucker for statistics, I'd like a page where you can see how often you found a certain Legendary item.
    And while we're at it:
    -How many potions you drank
    -How often you died
    -highest critical hit
    -most critical hits in a row
    -most damage dealt to multiple enemies at once
    -how many gems you found
    -how many gems you crafted
    -how many in-game miles you walked
    -how many different pieces of gear you used

GIMME DEM STATS!

Was thinking the other day, what would some of our Lifetime damage numbers be....Would be kind of scared to see the higher players tally would joke in the trillions, bu...ummm...maybe...?!
    Quote from maka

Uhm.....you don't HAVE to go look at it. It's just accessible through the 'Lore/Journal' window.

AH ok ^^ In that case I dont mind ^^ Not that it is a feature that makes the game any more attractive to me personally, but I guess there are enugh people excited about Diablo lore. So why not.
    Quote from Twoflower

Quote from maka

AH ok ^^ In that case I dont mind ^^ Not that it is a feature that makes the game any more attractive to me personally, but I guess there are enugh people excited about Diablo lore. So why not.

At least that's how I saw it. I mean, it's not like we need more stuff popping up and obstructing our view/forcing us to press Esc or spacebar or whatever.
    Quote from drjdredscythe

This isn't such a bad idea, I actually like it, more than I think I normally would.

I think the other reason I like it so much is that it can be folded into what the "Devil's Hand" is going to be, and vice versa expanding each idea to the other for old and new players a like!

Yeah, really cool idea! In fact, I actually kinda like the little lore blurbs that appear on the tooltip for legendaries and sets...I think the problem there is that I'd rather save that space for information, potentially MORE affixes, than use that up for item lore space.

So yeah, putting something like that in the Quest/Lore Book section instead would be perfect.

I've been thinking for a while they should do more with Lore Books and tie them in more to the items we get. They could even go farther with it than this, and introduce new items that you can find by exploring specific places hinted at in found lore books. So, you examine a body, it drops a lore book that speaks to you and mentions investigating some corner of the Dahlgur Oasis or Stinging Winds or Tower of the Cursed, and doing so yields an item based on what the lore book you read says to look for.
    Pre AH-shutdown Transcendence/Spirit (Re)gen build, uses only found and crafted gear and gems, can handle MP7.
    Quote from CardinalMDM

Quote from drjdredscythe

Yeah, really cool idea! In fact, I actually kinda like the little lore blurbs that appear on the tooltip for legendaries and sets...I think the problem there is that I'd rather save that space for information, potentially MORE affixes, than use that up for item lore space.

So yeah, putting something like that in the Quest/Lore Book section instead would be perfect.

I've been thinking for a while they should do more with Lore Books and tie them in more to the items we get. They could even go farther with it than this, and introduce new items that you can find by exploring specific places hinted at in found lore books. So, you examine a body, it drops a lore book that speaks to you and mentions investigating some corner of the Dahlgur Oasis or Stinging Winds or Tower of the Cursed, and doing so yields an item based on what the lore book you read says to look for.

Thanks, you triggered a BIG idea, will see if I can make any form of mock up over the weekend for it!
    Quote from drjdredscythe

Quote from CardinalMDM

Quote from drjdredscythe

Thanks, you triggered a BIG idea, will see if I can make any form of mock up over the weekend for it!

Woot!
    Go, go, go!
    Quote from CardinalMDM

Love the idea from a "make smaller tooltips but also give us more lore/flavor text for items" perspective.
    66.0k elite kills :: 1.97m total kills :: p244
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    This sounds like a SPECTACULAR idea. Although I do agree, they should make it so lore can be turned off. Maybe it's only available post Normal? Or after you beat the game once?
    That's an awesome idea. Simple, yet so good.

I'll put the images here as well. Should make it easier for others to drool over them here :D

^^^^ Absolutely friggin beautiful!!! :-)

Only thing I'd want to add or change is that...if we get a feature like this, I wonder if the little blurb that's found in the tooltip for each gear piece can be grandfathered in, to make the tooltip smaller. I don't often mention D2 features I'd like brought over, I like the fact that in D2, the tooltip for a set piece doesn't take up so much screen.

Moving the lore blurb to this menu, instead of having it take up space in the tooltip, would be great.
    Pre AH-shutdown Transcendence/Spirit (Re)gen build, uses only found and crafted gear and gems, can handle MP7.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes