Ways you can prepare for diablo 3 Reaper Of Souls

I don't think we need to worry about the stat restrictions because all of our gear will be obsolete by the time we reach lvl 70.
    There's also Paragon 2.0 which will help fill the gaps in stats, although I'm not really sure how they will work with the stat restriction from gear.
    Come on, don't be that guy.
    You are advicing players that play barbarians to have less than 40% cc with everything popped...
    There is no way the cap on stats are after factoring everything. The cap is for item stats only so that they can increase the value of affixes to have like 8+% cc on bracers or head but not be possible to have 100% cc and not have to implement stat rating.
    Paragon stats itself should gives 10% cc that will not be included in capped stats.

Really can't take anything you say seriously after that point really, you can try to play with max 40% cc IN ITEMS STATS but don't confuse people with weird non confirmed information.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#..Q..P!YZ!..Z..c
    Just skills give you already 35% cc...
    We just have different opinions. You think it will not be capped at 40% i think it will be capped at 40%. Itas better to be prepared so in my case i will not go above 40% to prepare. If it does happen to go above 40% with paragon/abilities then great it will be even easier
    Quote from TNTrice2013

We just have different opinions.

Nothing to do with opinions, man. The current datamined string clearly says 40% from items. There is no ambiguity to it. While things are always subject to change there's nothing unclear about how it is in the current build.
    p427 :: 89.1k EK :: 2.47m TK
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Yep its pretty clear the caps are for items only and skills can break this. Similar to how MS is capped at 25% for items now but skills can break it.
    how to prepare?

-pick whether you want ladder or not

nuff said
    The only way to prepare is collecting paragon experience, and even that is somewhat of a gamble. Everything is subject to change, so "practicing" on how the game works now does no good. Even skills are being changed en masse so how would lowering you stats give you any idea how your character will fair? Not to mention they are alluding to removing the inflated monster HP from higher MPs and replacing it with more engaging monster dynamics that make fighting them tactically difficult, not just a numbers game.

Too much change and not enough information, there's just no reliable way to predict.
    Quote from itirnitii

The only way to prepare is collecting paragon experience, and even that is somewhat of a gamble. Everything is subject to change, so "practicing" on how the game works now does no good. Even skills are being changed en masse so how would lowering you stats give you any idea how your character will fair? Not to mention they are alluding to removing the inflated monster HP from higher MPs and replacing it with more engaging monster dynamics that make fighting them tactically difficult, not just a numbers game.

Too much change and not enough information, there's just no reliable way to predict.

I get that you're trying to point out all is subject to change.. but do you REALLY think they would 180 on paragon experience at this point. After encouraging you to play and level them up no less. I would be even more shocked at that, then them removing the AH.
    Quote from itirnitii

BUT, BUT, I NEED VIEWS ON MAI VIDEOZZZZ
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    RoS might as well be Diablo 4. Basically a complete reset of everything. Massive re-do.
    You don't prepare.

Unless you feel so attached to your current characters that you will have to play non-ladder, you don't prepare.
    Pietrak#2537 - changed my battle.tag just for you ;P
    I wouldn't do anything now. When we get a release date, we can start to consider things like taking a few days off. Come release, we might collect enough food in preparation so we don't lose time shopping. The usual nerd-stuff ;)

Ingame however, nah. Maybe gather some infos from the beta.
    Farm a high DPS Spectrum/Hamburger, craft a strength HF ring and reach 10 x plvl100 is about all you can do unless you are planning to play ladder (assuming it will be announced) in which case there isn't much to do.
    Quote from TNTrice2013

We just have different opinions. You think it will not be capped at 40% i think it will be capped at 40%. Itas better to be prepared so in my case i will not go above 40% to prepare. If it does happen to go above 40% with paragon/abilities then great it will be even easier

You've managed to find the one thing that feels like more of a waste of time than playing d3 right now - SPECULATING about playing d3 later...
    Quote from Solmyr77

I wouldn't do anything now. When we get a release date, we can start to consider things like taking a few days off. Come release, we might collect enough food in preparation so we don't lose time shopping. The usual nerd-stuff ;)

Ingame however, nah. Maybe gather some infos from the beta.

And also take a break from the game at least 1 week (depending on how your feelings about the game) before release so you feel like in a withdrawal state (or get "un-burnt") and then you'll play the game non-stop !
    Since every character gets a base of 5% CHC, does that mean our "CAP" would be 45% with items? Add in the 3% from Scoundrel and we can max at 48%. I'm fine with that.
    Right now, it looks like the only things whose caps include non-gear sources are magic / gold find and block chance. Everything else specifically includes "from items" in the datamined strings.

Quote from Pkoch19

Since every character gets a base of 5% CHC, does that mean our "CAP" would be 45% with items? Add in the 3% from Scoundrel and we can max at 48%. I'm fine with that.

Assuming nothing changes from what we know right now, 48% + paragon 2.0 CHC + skills (varies by class)

At 8% CHC per item, that's 5 slots max which isn't so bad imho. I think the CHD cap of 250% from items is more likely to hurt than the CHC cap. On fast dual-wield setups, +min/max damage can help make up a lot of that loss. However, barring a damage increase to two-handed weapons, I think two-handers will be a relatively weaker choice after the patch than now because of this.
    ...and if you disagree with me, you're probably <insert random ad hominem attack here>.
    Quote from Maffia

Farm a high DPS Spectrum/Hamburger, craft a strength HF ring and reach 10 x plvl100 is about all you can do unless you are planning to play ladder (assuming it will be announced) in which case there isn't much to do.

Could you explain why we need a spectrum / Hamburger? Thanks! STR HF Ring is for the ne class i guess?
    10xp 100 ist almost done =)
    Quote from k0ksii

Quote from Maffia

Could you explain why we need a spectrum / Hamburger? Thanks! STR HF Ring is for the ne class i guess?
    10xp 100 ist almost done =)

They can roll level 63 stats albeit being low-level items. Just take a look at the AH, loads of 400 DPS spectrums for hundreds of millions. Same with Hamburgers.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes