11 x Paragon 100

Hey

so i will soon have 10 P100 Characters and im thinking about deleting one of them and then level up another one to 100. And since we can reactivate the last deleted character im wondering if i can delete that last p100 character after patch 2.0 and then reactivate the one that i deleted before? or maybe we get another characterslot or sth.

What do you think?
    i think u need to gimme that bot...
    Just wow if you did that legit.
    I dont know if its worth it maybe it wont work :(
    I very much doubt your theory.

a) You can only reactivate with an open slot.
    b ) The backup duration definitely isn't infinite.
    c) My GUESS: If you start a new toon, no more reactivation of deleted char.. (Any1 give it a try?)
    Quote from k0ksii

Hey

so i will soon have 10 P100 Characters and im thinking about deleting one of them and then level up another one to 100. And since we can reactivate the last deleted character im wondering if i can delete that last p100 character after patch 2.0 and then reactivate the one that i deleted before? or maybe we get another characterslot or sth.

What do you think?

I think you should go out of your room. I heard there's a real world out there!
    as we get another class, with RoS i think and hope we will get atleast 2 more character slots (12 total one for each class male/female and hardcore/softcore) im hoping for way more for potential ladder and seasonal stuff. 20 slots total would be great.

as to deleting a paragon 100 char to level another to then reactivate it when we get more character slots. Tought one.

as some one said character recovery is not infinite. and it might not work over a major patch like 2.0 will be.

on the other hand if you already have 10 p100 chars. playing them will not do any progress for you. and you have atleast 6 months before the expantion will be out. and that's plenty of time to level if it does not work out.
    so you will probably have have 10 p100 chars again and a potential 11th so basically nothing to loose but some time spent. that you would probably have spent on the game anyway.
    There is already more char slots confirmed, they just aren't sure about how many.

Yes, this would work in theory. However, as Vomica pointed out, it might not work with the patching system.

So in this case, you go into RoS with essentially 11 paragon 100's. Right? Wrong.
    You go into 2.0 with 10 paragon 100's which then makes your account paragon level X. You will most likely not get the extra character slots with 2.0 as it will be an expansion only feature. There's a possibility that the system will handle the restored paragon 100 differently. Since it comes after your account has been updated. Especially since this is something they could easily overlook in testing.

On the other hand, you really don't have much to lose if you planned on playing. Besides it SHOULD work in your favor.
    @People throwing the usual "no life" shit: There are quite a few people with 10x p100's already, the first achieved this on May 4th afaik (Jaetch posted this recently, and it was featured in Community Spotlight). Didn't even play as much, was just quite efficient in leveling.

@OP: Even if you can restore a character once RoS hits and get the p100 back, I'd advise you to not do this *now* but wait until the expansion is a bit closer, because I'm pretty sure a SC character that you delete now will not be on the server history anymore in ~6 months (and that's at least the time frame we're looking at before RoS hits, I personally think even more, close to 12 months). So don't stress yourself out and don't delete a p100 char until there's a bluepost on this matter. (Or unless you don't care about losing 2billion XP, which for you is only ~8% anyways ;-))
    ^ it's 10 billion experience to P100. If that's what you were meaning to say :P

But it is still 1/11th of his total pool: 9.0909090909~%
    Ok thanks guys, i will wait until we get more information (maybe blizzcon)
    Not exactly on topic, but I already wondered, why they consider dead HC chars to transfer xp. If they would allow that, people could -in theory- transfer almost infinite xp. Just let those chars die at p100 and start fresh.
    I apologize for any formating issues in my posts, I just can't use the new editor.Currently playing Magic 2014, see my thread:http://www.diablofans.com/topic/97565-magic-2014/
    Also, if you like Classics, try:Dungeons and Dragons Anthology ( http://www.gamersgat...ster-collection )
    Quote from Solmyr77

Not exactly on topic, but I already wondered, why they consider dead HC chars to transfer xp. If they would allow that, people could -in theory- transfer almost infinite xp. Just let those chars die at p100 and start fresh.

considering the time it takes for an average player to hit 60(100) on HC, and the expansion & updates due in 6+ months, i'd say your use of the word infinite is a little off base. Has anyone even hit 10 pl100 HC chars?
    I think the new paragon system will take into account only active, non-deleted heroes. Exception being hardcore characters, where dead chars might add to total experience, and even this is not 100% confirmed yet.

So if you recover your hero after the major patch/expansion, he will not contribute to paragon exp as the character itself won't have any paragon levels (because character-wide paragon will be deleted).

This makes most sense from logic and implementation point of view. Ofcourse I might be wrong, you need to wait for blue post to comment on this, which will take months as paragon 2.0is nowhere near finished.

TL;DR version: I wouldn't bet on it, at least wait for a blue post confirmation.
    Quote from Fess

Quote from Solmyr77

considering the time it takes for an average player to hit 60(100) on HC, and the expansion & updates due in 6+ months, i'd say your use of the word infinite is a little off base. Has anyone even hit 10 pl100 HC chars?

That's why I said "in theory". I'm not someone who would do that, but I guess, there are some (literally) hardcore guys out there with enough time at their disposal ;)
    I apologize for any formating issues in my posts, I just can't use the new editor.Currently playing Magic 2014, see my thread:http://www.diablofans.com/topic/97565-magic-2014/
    Also, if you like Classics, try:Dungeons and Dragons Anthology ( http://www.gamersgat...ster-collection )
    Yeeeaaah.....I'm not sure that's a good use of anyone's time :P
    Seriously, though.....not worth it.
    Quote from Solmyr77

Quote from Fess

Quote from Solmyr77

That's why I said "in theory". I'm not someone who would do that, but I guess, there are some (literally) hardcore guys out there with enough time at their disposal ;)

The thing about theiroies is they tend to involve logic and reason.
    The world first HC PL 100 took what, 3+ months? That was a year ago from now, so even if his speed increased 10% with each new character, he'd still have at most 7 PL100 HC characters. Theories usually involve logic and reasoning.
    im a big fan of this game....but i still cant play more than 1 hour of it/day....seems a huge waste of time
    Quote from Lokideviny

im a big fan of this game....but i still cant play more than 1 hour of it/day....seems a huge waste of time

If you play 1 hour a day from now until the expac, assuming it's at least 6 months out, you could have 2 more paragon 100s than you do now.
    Quote from Fess

Quote from Solmyr77

Quote from Fess

Quote from Solmyr77

The thing about theiroies is they tend to involve logic and reason.
    The world first HC PL 100 took what, 3+ months? That was a year ago from now, so even if his speed increased 10% with each new character, he'd still have at most 7 PL100 HC characters. Theories usually involve logic and reasoning.

I think someone is close to all 5 classes P100 HC. But that's the most I've seen. I don't know if anyone has gone further.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes