Use non-Ladder gear on Ladder ?

Quote from RasAlgethi24

For the last time the character ins't gone. It gets converted to non ladder and you can still play that character. Since paragon levels will be account wide, the exp you gain on that level will still add to your non ladder paragon exp once it that character gets converted to non ladder. People have clearly explained all this, just pretend it doesn't exists and you'll be fine

There is, however, the problem of peer pressure. Back in D2, the most important activity was on the ladder and not on NL.
    my concern is the account space.... if only 1 or two more spaces open up because of the crusader, this would kinda suck for those who have at least 5-7 characters... unless you delete your old ladder character, after the exp has been pooled, and you strip the items off...
    WD - mostly other chars are toilet... my pride and joy ;D http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SirBoneselot-1182/hero/1672627
    Quote from Ashy_Larry

my concern is the account space.... if only 1 or two more spaces open up because of the crusader, this would kinda suck for those who have at least 5-7 characters... unless you delete your old ladder character, after the exp has been pooled, and you strip the items off...

I agree.

It was a problem right from the start. Blizzard promised (if I can remember correctly) that we would certainly have more than 20 character slots at release, but probably less than 50. Then we ended up having 10 which was the bare minimum if you wanted to have 1 of each char in both SC and HC. There was no wiggle room, but it didn't turn out to be as big of a deal as it was made out to be because there is no point in levelling any new characters except for maybe playing with a friend that's just joined.

But anyway, now with ladder, it doesn't seem like we'll have the bare minimum slots required to have each type of character in every possible game mode. sc + hc + ladder sc + ladder hc = 24 different characters, which I don't see happening.
    What was "bad" with ladder in old D2 was that when season was over your character was moved away from ladder to non-ladder. Whitch basicly meant that your character no longer were saved on blizz server, but was saved locally. So people easily could modify the character, whithc meant it was pointless to play on ur non-ladder character because everyone would just cheat.

If non-ladder characters is still saved on blizz servers after ladder wipe then people can just contiune there and there wont be as much cheating.
    Quote from Sylkvass

What was "bad" with ladder in old D2 was that when season was over your character was moved away from ladder to non-ladder. Whitch basicly meant that your character no longer were saved on blizz server, but was saved locally. So people easily could modify the character, whithc meant it was pointless to play on ur non-ladder character because everyone would just cheat.

If non-ladder characters is still saved on blizz servers after ladder wipe then people can just contiune there and there wont be as much cheating.

D2 non-ladder characters were not stored locally. There were locally stored non-ladder characters, but this was "Open Battle.net", a completely different game mode. Ladder characters would be moved to non-ladder after the season, but still remain in "Closed Battle.net".
    About character slots...

Given that there are free respecs, no permanent character customization (via talents, choices while questing, appearance, what have you), bind on account as opposed to bind on equip gear, nothing other than a character's name to differentiate him from any other max level of a particular class and there are enough slots so you can have both char genders available at any time... is all the fuss about keeping character names?

I'd certainly like more character slots and a reason to want them but an attachment to a character's name alone doesn't cut it for me. Maybe I'm weird/missing something?

And so I'm not totally offtopic: OP just ignore ladder, what you're looking for is called nonladder and it's here right now.
    Quote from seraphim4

the whole point of ladder is to make the game feel fresh longer, with a economy, gear and level reset for everyone, no one will force you to play ladder, if you just want to level out of ladder you can do so.

ladder is abit more competetive in nature, which it should be.

I agree totaly
    Many people assume that ladder will work exactly like D2 ladder (fresh characters, resets, chars moved do NL) but has there been any suggestion of a feature like this besides 3 strings datamined from an internal alpha data file?

I have nothing against any of this, but it seems to be a lot of very strong speculation based on essentially no information.
    This thread... Is it for real? :D
    "Tried the adventuring life. Didn't care for it. Too much pain, not enough profit." - Vidar the Collector

Number 1 DH in Crit dmg @ World. Working for NR 1 in life aswell!
    imo ledder should not be right away with ros,it should be after ros 6months-1 year introduced to game.

Quote from elQueso

Many people assume that ladder will work exactly like D2 ladder (fresh characters, resets, chars moved do NL) but has there been any suggestion of a feature like this besides 3 strings datamined from an internal alpha data file?

No, there hasn't. Until Travis mentioned the word "ladder" in his blue post, I guess most of us thought we'd never see a ladder in Diablo 3.

Quote from elQueso

I have nothing against any of this, but it seems to be a lot of very strong speculation based on essentially no information.

Yeah, people's gotta love speculation. I guess everyone wants to be the guy who mentioned it first and knew it all along the way. Although that's pointless, Blizzard told us more than once that they're capable of doing a total 180 (just look at the AH).
    Quote from Bagstone

Yeah, people's gotta love speculation. I guess everyone wants to be the guy who mentioned it first and knew it all along the way. Although that's pointless, Blizzard told us more than once that they're capable of doing a total 180 (just look at the AH).

That's my feeling. I'll wait and see what they have for us at Blizzcon.
    Quote from Xpire

This thread... Is it for real? :D

I'm guessing most of the people read through the first page and didn't even bother to respond anymore. xD
    "Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the small death that brings total obliteration."
    Quote from Bagstone

Yes, a little like horoscope (or guessing a baby's gender) : if you get it right, you can claim you are awesome, and if you are wrong it will be forgotten with all the other wrong guesses !
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes