Use non-Ladder gear on Ladder ?

Quote from Maffia

Quote from Ownz0r

It could work this way:
    you choose 1 of your current Chars as Ladder Char and you will play Ladder with this Char. You can use any Gear you have and you earn Ladder exp for this 1 Ladder Char. At the end of the Season will be this Ladder exp added to Total acc Paragon

That still defeats the entire point of a fresh economy and a race to get the furthest in the ladder season. Those with the best gear will still have the best gear in ladder (and therefore the best chance of 'winning'), the ladder game will instantly be full of top end gear ruining the economy instantly, etc.

Seriously, just don't play ladder and pretend it doesn't exist.

But it´s still lesser evil for me - not spliting players to Ladder/non-Ladder
    Ok, at this point you are either trolling or just don't understand ladder.
    Quote from Ownz0r

Quote from Maffia

Quote from Ownz0r

It could work this way:
    you choose 1 of your current Chars as Ladder Char and you will play Ladder with this Char. You can use any Gear you have and you earn Ladder exp for this 1 Ladder Char. At the end of the Season will be this Ladder exp added to Total acc Paragon

That still defeats the entire point of a fresh economy and a race to get the furthest in the ladder season. Those with the best gear will still have the best gear in ladder (and therefore the best chance of 'winning'), the ladder game will instantly be full of top end gear ruining the economy instantly, etc.

But it´s still lesser evil for me - not spliting players to Ladder/non-Ladder

you do realise a very large portion of the player base want ladder? and most d2 veterans that don´t play diablo 3 will more than likely find this interesting enough for them to start playing?
    Quote from seraphim4

your ladder characters will have their own paragon level, once the ladder ends, all the xp you got in ladder will be pooled over to your normal paragon, along with your character and any gear you may have found.

Yes, that is for certain. What I'm having doubts about is that it will be a true D2 ladder.
    Quote from Ownz0r

Paragon exp you gain in ladder will transfer to nonladder after reset

BUT
    When you start with no gear you will lvl up MUCH MUCH slower

Yeah, you will lvl up much much slower, but all the other people will level much much slower, too. It's a new mode with a fresh economy. Everyone starts from 0 and THAT is the point of ladder. If you don't want to lose sth, then simply DONT PLAY LADDER. The whole point of Ladder is not its rankings but the RESET.

Quote from Ownz0r

Ladder system in D2 was horrible :/

In your opinion it was horrible. But there are lots of people who loved D2 Ladder and who want one in D3 since years.

Ladder is a completely separate mode, where nothing you have in nonladder will help you (except if you crosstrade on forums). Not your gear, not your paragonlevels and not your gold.

You have to keep in mind that Ladder will come with Loot 2.0, which means that you get your good gear very fast. Because of that there has to be a Ladder. Nonladder will just end to be a dumping ground where items just get more and more and nothing is worth anything.
    Loot 2.0 needs a Ladder. I mean, look at the console version. It's just 2 weeks ago and a lot of people are already so good equipped, that they can't find upgrades anymore (not counting cheaters)

a H&S needs resets. There are only 2 ways how to make an item based game interesting in the long term:
    1. new content with better items -> the MMO way. but has to be paid somehow
    2. reset -> the H&S way.
    Quote from seraphim4

then may i ask, what exactly is the point of you playing ladder? what you are looking for is just the normal characters! :) you don´t want ladder so i advice you not to play it.

The point of playing a ladder is to be able to play with your friends who play ladder.
    And in D2, to have access to runewords you wouldn't get otherwise (including imba ones for self-found toons, like Insight or Spirit)
    Quote from Shapookya

Loot 2.0 needs a Ladder. I mean, look at the console version. It's just 2 weeks ago and a lot of people are already so good equipped, that they can't find upgrades anymore (not counting cheaters)

a H&S needs resets. There are only 2 ways how to make an item based game interesting in the long term:
    1. new content with better items -> the MMO way. but has to be paid somehow
    2. reset -> the H&S way.

There are other ways to handle it. Items perma-reducing max durability when you die, for instance. BOA items. Unique crafted materials from legendaries (such as that you need to break down several legendaries for a craft or an affix reroll for instance). What you need are reliable ways to get items out of the economy, not drop the a Worms 2 concrete donkey on the game.
    okey i give up. sorry but im excited about ladder in d3, so are most of my friends. you on the other hand don´t even seem to understand ladder.

this, along with the other changes they have announced so far is really making me think RoS is going to rival D2LoD back in its prime.
    Loot 2.0, ladder, no rmah, loot runs, nephalem trials and so on. im calling GOTY on RoS already! :D
    Well i do understand the Ladder and i like it. But i want to progress in the game. And this "wipe system" is going against that.
    Quote from Ownz0r

Well i do understand the Ladder and i like it. But i want to progress in the game. And this "wipe system" is going against that.

Ladder characters will move to non-ladder after ladder ends, so you can still keep playing same character.
    Also ladders probably will last 3-6 months, I think thats more than enough time to progress.
    Quote from Janno

Ladder characters will move to non-ladder after ladder ends, so you can still keep playing same character.
    Also ladders probably will last 3-6 months, I think thats more than enough time to progress.

3 months is incredibly short for a ladder, if you ask me. 6 is closer to something manageable, 12 would be better, imho.
    12 is way too long. If someone started playing, or started playing again, they'd have to wait 12 months to join a new ladder. 5-6 months seems right to me.
    Quote from Ownz0r

If you don't understand the 'wipe' part and why it's needed you don't really understand ladder, a fresh economy is essential for ladder to exist.

Quote from Maffia

Quote from Janno

Quote from Ownz0r

What do you mean with this?
    Quote from Maffia

Quote from Ownz0r

If you don't understand the 'wipe' part and why it's needed you don't really understand ladder, a fresh economy is essential for ladder to exist.

Quote from Maffia

I do understand Ladder but its pointless to play this way
    Quote from Maffia

Quote from Ownz0r

Quote from Maffia

Quote from Ownz0r

Quote from Maffia

I do understand Ladder but its pointless to play this way

You obviously dont because your ideas defeats the purpose of playing ladder. Ladder is essentially a race. You cant' really race with anyone now if you're new because they've had a huge head start. The ladder resets everything, everyone starts from scratch, so you can again race with anyone.

At the end of the ladder season, whatever progress you made will be kept and rolled into your non ladder account so you dont lose anything you did during ladder. When the new season starts, it against starts fresh.
    to explain - i want to play the Char that i can improve "forever". i don´t want to play Char only for some fixed time period and then its gone. I hope you got it.
    Quote from Ownz0r

to explain - i want to play the Char that i can improve "forever". i don´t want to play Char only for some fixed time period and then its gone. I hope you got it.

For the last time the character ins't gone. It gets converted to non ladder and you can still play that character. Since paragon levels will be account wide, the exp you gain on that level will still add to your non ladder paragon exp once it that character gets converted to non ladder. People have clearly explained all this, just pretend it doesn't exists and you'll be fine
    Quote from RasAlgethi24

Quote from Ownz0r

For the last time the character ins't gone. It gets converted to non ladder and you can still play that character. Since paragon levels will be account wide, the exp you gain on that level will still add to your non ladder paragon exp once it that character gets converted to non ladder. People have clearly explained all this, just pretend it doesn't exists and you'll be fine

Actually, given the limited number of char slots, chars may be lost forever and gear and pXP just kept and added to your normal account. Or you may have to use one of you char slots for ladder.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes