Use non-Ladder gear on Ladder ?

What do you think.

Will be Ladder chars "connected" to the non-Ladder chars? This mean if you will switch gear to Ladder char and at the end of the Season (reset) you will move gear back and use it in the next Season?

I hope this will not be like D2 ladder with full reset always. This would make Ladder pointless to play when you can farm "acc Paragon" much faster with non-Ladder chars.
    the whole point of ladder is to make the game feel fresh longer, with a economy, gear and level reset for everyone, no one will force you to play ladder, if you just want to level out of ladder you can do so.

ladder is abit more competetive in nature, which it should be.
    Hmm, my view is the opposite. If the Ladder reset isn't a full reset, then it makes having Ladders pointless. How would a Ladder differ from non-Ladder if you could use your non-Ladder gear in Ladder?

Also, are you assuming that the account wide paragon applies to Ladder-characters too? I'd actually be a bit surprised if it would.
    My current understanding of the situation (which is based on 1 post since it's all we have) is that ladders will be based on the paragon levels you gain during ladder season. Meaning everyone will start with whatever characters they already have (and gear), and the winner will be the one who makes the most paragon levels on his characters.
    However, the exp. gained won't be transferred to non-ladder characters.
    Paragon exp you gain in ladder will transfer to nonladder after reset

BUT
    When you start with no gear you will lvl up MUCH MUCH slower
    Quote from Chiron

Hmm, my view is the opposite. If the Ladder reset isn't a full reset, then it makes having Ladders pointless. How would a Ladder differ from non-Ladder if you could use your non-Ladder gear in Ladder?

Also, are you assuming that the account wide paragon applies to Ladder-characters too? I'd actually be a bit surprised if it would.

ladder character will be reset fully but your paragon exp you get from ladder char will be tranfered to non ladder when it is reset.
    So what would be point of playing Ladder when you can exp @ non-Ladder 10x faster
    Quote from Ownz0r

So what would be point of playing Ladder when you can exp @ non-Ladder 10x faster

The same things in D2. Competition and fun. All it does is encourage more ladder play because it benefits your non ladder.
    Ladder system in D2 was horrible :/
    Then you just play non ladder?
    The connection link is called forum gold
    yea but spliting players to Ladder and non-ladder is not good idea IMO

so i think that Ladder chars will have full access to non-Ladder gear which is only was to keep all players together
    Quote from Grafikm_fr

My current understanding of the situation (which is based on 1 post since it's all we have) is that ladders will be based on the paragon levels you gain during ladder season. Meaning everyone will start with whatever characters they already have (and gear), and the winner will be the one who makes the most paragon levels on his characters.
    However, the exp. gained won't be transferred to non-ladder characters.

that is wrong tho, you must have missread the post or you have seen something that i haven´t.

your ladder characters will have their own paragon level, once the ladder ends, all the xp you got in ladder will be pooled over to your normal paragon, along with your character and any gear you may have found.

it doesn´t and shouldn´t work the other way around.
    Quote from Ownz0r

yea but spliting players to Ladder and non-ladder is not good idea IMO

so i think that Ladder chars will have full access to non-Ladder gear which is only was to keep all players together

You don't seem to understand the point of ladder :S
    I played tons of D2 but i really disliked the D2 ladder system...for me it´s bad system when your ingame successes are only temporary
    Well it sounds like ladder isn't for you then, just don't play ladder rather than trying to change ladder into something that just wouldn't work.
    It could work this way:
    you choose 1 of your current Chars as Ladder Char and you will play Ladder with this Char. You can use any Gear you have and you earn Ladder exp for this 1 Ladder Char. At the end of the Season will be this Ladder exp added to Total acc Paragon
    Quote from Ownz0r

I played tons of D2 but i really disliked the D2 ladder system...for me it´s bad system when your ingame successes are only temporary

Ladders is way to keep game alive by bringing players back to try out the new season. It's like releasing the game again where everyone starts at zero.
    If you don't like starting again then just stick to non-ladder and you can level up your character forever or you realize that there's no reason.
    Quote from Ownz0r

It could work this way:
    you choose 1 of your current Chars as Ladder Char and you will play Ladder with this Char. You can use any Gear you have and you earn Ladder exp for this 1 Ladder Char. At the end of the Season will be this Ladder exp added to Total acc Paragon

That still defeats the entire point of a fresh economy and a race to get the furthest in the ladder season. Those with the best gear will still have the best gear in ladder (and therefore the best chance of 'winning'), the ladder game will instantly be full of top end gear ruining the economy instantly, etc.

Seriously, just don't play ladder and pretend it doesn't exist.
    Quote from Ownz0r

It could work this way:

then may i ask, what exactly is the point of you playing ladder? what you are looking for is just the normal characters! :) you don´t want ladder so i advice you not to play it.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes