Gold Auction House and Real Money Auction House SHUTTING DOWN!

http://us.battle.net.../blog/10974978/ !!!!!!!!!!

This is the best update ever.......... I AM SO EXCITED AND I JUST CAN'T HIDE IT! :tyrael:

This is so awesome... I can't believe this is happening.................. Yes, I am one of those people that whined before the beta of Diablo 3 started that the Auction House was a poison to the game and the day came that we won't need to use the AH anymore!!!!!!! Fucking epic.
    Crazy! This was a huge surprise O_O
    www.myspace.com/mpotatoes for all your Trans Siberian Orchestra listening pleasure
    If you want to arrange it
    This world you can change it
    If we could somehow make this
    Christmas thing last

By helping a neighbor
    Or even a stranger
    And to know who needs help
    You need only just ask

HAHA inc RoS release date to coinside with auction house shutdown
    two very enthusiastic thumbs up!
    WD - mostly other chars are toilet... my pride and joy ;D http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/SirBoneselot-1182/hero/1672627
    I squee'd a little bit when I saw that. Josh and the team are making wonderful decisions for this expansion. I'm stoked beyond belief. It's like LoD 2.0. Gimmeh now!
    For a moment i checked the calendar to see if this was April 1st, then i read the article and i'm pretty happy about it.
    The AH clearly influenced the drop rates and the affix ranges of this game and i'm glad that Blizzard is taking a hard stance on this tool and will remove it before RoS.

That takes balls.
    Holy Crap!!! I can't believe they are actually doing it! Crazy news!

Me interest in this game just hit a whole new level.
    i5 2500k - Asus Sabertooth P67 - 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP - 2x Corsair Force GT3 120Gigs - AMD Radeon 7970
    "D3 was just about $$$ for Blizzard through the RMAH." Yeah... in your face.

AWESOME. ABSOLUTELY AWESOME!
    oh boy, ruksak is happy XD
    Ballsy move.
    Quote from Seifa

Not just ruksak. All D3 players should be happy. This is mindblowing.

No matter how much respect Blizzard lost for its "unfinished" Diablo 3 release - this move takes some balls. Kudos, Blizzard.
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Seifa

No matter how much respect Blizzard lost for its "unfinished" Diablo 3 release - this move takes some balls. Kudos, Blizzard.

Jaetch won't be happy :P
    Got mixed feelings about this. on one hand its great since diablo shouldn´t be about freaking auctions.
    on the other hand i hate going back to having to deal with people for trading.

especially since tradechat is already full of scammers, and they never seem to get banned -_-
    Quote from maka

Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Seifa

99% of Jaetch's trades are outside of the AH, anyways.
    I'm kind of happy too as I've been playing self found for the past months anyway and find that play style a lot more rewarding. However, I'd still like there to be some form of "official" trading place. Something more advanced than just a forum or a chat but nothing as automated as the current AH. I wrote about an idea about a "semi-automatic AH" a while back which could work. The idea there is that you could search for posted items as conveniently as now but the actual trade would require attention from both the buyer and the seller. Then again, there's bound to be some unofficial sites for that anyway (actually just found loothunter.net, which seems like something similar).
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from maka

Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Seifa

99% of Jaetch's trades are outside of the AH, anyways.

Yeah.....now. Didn't start that way.
    By the time RoS went live, I bet he would hit those AH's hard. Or not, who knows.
    Anyways, great news. We got a "minimum RoS release date" out of it as well.
    Wow. when I saw this article when I logged in I thought it was April fool's day for a second. I think this is a much needed move, however I'm surprised they decided to zap the gold AH as well. With that said I hope they make some sort of change for being able to see game names or at least a lobby function in order to actually make trading easy and bearable. I think that a gold auction house still served a purpose so I'm not 100% sold on that yet until I see how they plan to change the way we trade in game. I don't want to spam trade chat for 5 hours a day in order to get the item I need.

I'm mixed on them nixing at least the GOLD AH until then.
    Blizzard killed my +1 thread on the forums :(
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes