[Warning] Possible programs that can get you banned

28th of August my account got permamently closed for 3rd party program.
    The programs I had running were:

Razer Lycosa
    LoLReplay
    Steam
    Origin
    Spotify
    Realtek HD Audio Manager
    Catalyst Control Center
    League of Legends

I assume it's most likely the Razer Lycosa software getting flagged.
    This is just a warning to people running any of the above programs that you might get flagged & banned for it.
    This is not a post to plead my innocence or anything like that, it's just a warning so other players wont get banned for it.
    I have been banned once for 60 days from Starcraft 2 for "hacking" (and no, I wasn't).

They refused to even tell me what Warden flagged (which process, etc.) so I could remove it from my computer. I decided to format my hard drive and do a clean Windows install, but still that killed off my passion for SC2 back then.

At that time I was using a few Anti-malwares, Keyboard and mouse management programs, Punkbuster, Steam, Origin, etc.. So a very similar situation to yours. Probably one of them got flagged.

Not telling us for which program we're getting banned prevents us from contacting the developer of that program so he can solve the issue. It's such an ignorant policy.
    Yea, I'm a bit annoyed by that aswell. This has made me cancel my WoW subscription and I'm not planning on buying any other Blizzard made games.
    I can understand why they don't want to tell you what has been picked up as it would make it easier for people botting etc. to find ways around what is being detected.

That said it is a very anti-consumer policy as it makes an appeal more difficult when an innocent program is picked up.

I too would guess Razer Lycosa (has there been a software update or something for it recently?) as the rest seem to be common programs that Warden should know to not flag up, unless you'd modified any of them.

Unfortunately I think there is going to be more and more of this kind of thing as 'soft/hardware as service' moves more in to everyday life. The story about someone being locked out of their Kindle some time last year really put me off the idea of having one, as when flagged up as having broken policies refusing to mention which one, making any kind of appeal meaningless as you've no idea what triggered the ban so can't suggest what innocent activity (assuming there is one) has triggered the ban, thus the consumer is screwed :S
    Razer Lycosa? Programmable keyboard? Macros? If this is true, this is going to be a good day. ;)
    Bandyto#2350
    EU
    You probably used keyboard/ mouse Macros which aren't allowed.

The only allowed macros are 1 click = 1 action. I have my CMWW Macro set up to press 1+2+3 simultaneously, once per click. This is allowed and fine with Blizz, but if you made for example a macro that presses 1, then 2, then 3, or a "toggle on/off" macro, those breach their Terms and probably got you banned.
    Never got banned, ever, ever, by Blizzard yet. In about 10 years that I play their games now. But i run no macro programs and I didn't even install the logitech G-15 software (my keyboard, which also allows for macros).

I'd say it's that. Anything that automates the game in any way will be flagged and a macro falls under that rule.

If it´s a manner of a keyboard of mouse software that got flagged you might get out of it by contacting the customer support, they should be able to see what got flagged and afford you some leniency.

And since multiboxing is allowed, a 1 click 1 action macro should be allowed as well, as long as it´s not executing delayed actions.

But seriously, you´re supposed to only get permanent account closures for severe or repeated offences. I can´t imagine they perm ban you for any of your listed programs.

Was your account ever logged in on another PC that might have had some programs that are certainly perm banned for perhaps? Maybe without you knowing it?
    The only macro I got setup is one for my password, I press one button and it writes it.
    I've been in contact with custom support by tickets & sent a email to their feedback team, still banned thought.
    I've only logged on with my account on my own computer, and I got mobile authenticator so I'm dubious to being hacked.
    I've also ran scans on my computer for virus & malware and havn't found anything that might trigger a ban.
    No idea then. :S I also use a Macro to write my password with a single click, no problems of any kind yet. It's basically the same as pasting (CTRL+V) the password into the box, can't be a bannable offense.
    Seriously, you use a macro to enter your password at the login screen?

Bandyto#2350
    EU
    Of course. Entering password, starting Windows Authenticator, entering password to access that, then entering the Authenticator number.. that's like 1 min of work just to login :P Far too much
    Quote from Bandyto

Seriously, you use a macro to enter your password at the login screen?

:lol:

That's actually a good idea. I might adopt it if I wasn't using the current BNet desktop client (which does all that :P)
    I'll see your:

Quote from Bandyto

And raise you:

"Goodbye cruel world. Goodbye cruel lamp. Goodbye cruel velvet drapes, lined with what would appear to be some sort of cruel muslin, and the cute little pom-pom curtain pull cords..cruel though they may be, I-"
    66.0k elite kills :: 1.97m total kills :: p244
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Scary to think some keyboard software could get you banned. If I got banned at this point I think I'd just quit. I'd be too discouraged to go on...
    My Diablo 3 battle.net page http://us.battle.net...le/jackal-1503/
    for the last 9 years of playing wow i have had my acc name and passwords and ALL the previous passwords stored in a notepad file on my desktop, i copy and paste (ctrl+c to copy and ctrl+v to paste) my passwords for wow (then auth with dongle), this i have ofc used to do the same with D3 also. the only reason for this is cos keyloggers can not pick this use up (as far as iam aware currently still to date). drop the macro and use a safe method. (its early in morn for me iam drunk as hell and am trolling;p lol)
    I've been using razer synapse, steam and origin for a long while with diablo and haven't been banned.
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    Quote from Elendiro

I've been using razer synapse, steam and origin for a long while with diablo and haven't been banned.

Me too :fret:
    Quote from ghosty47

for the last 9 years of playing wow i have had my acc name and passwords and ALL the previous passwords stored in a notepad file on my desktop, i copy and paste (ctrl+c to copy and ctrl+v to paste) my passwords for wow (then auth with dongle), this i have ofc used to do the same with D3 also. the only reason for this is cos keyloggers can not pick this use up (as far as iam aware currently still to date). drop the macro and use a safe method. (its early in morn for me iam drunk as hell and am trolling;p lol)

Not sure why people think copy paste will fool a key logger, unless it is written by your brother as a prank to get your passwords.
    It would be an easy task for the hacker to dump the content of the clipboard every time you press ctrl-v together with logging all other keystrokes.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes