Don't sell that level 60 gear just yet! Check out this interview!

Quote from ruksak

Quote from JKlimek

The Legendary buff killed the value of almost every old Legendary.

Do you honestly think the Legacy Legendaries had much value to begin with?

Absolutely. I had my first $250 sell on a set of Nat's boots. If you look at old Zuni's they are the only boots with IAS, etc. Some of that stuff is still worth a decent amount today.

On a different rail, any of you that don't think 8% CC on a ring is "unthinkable" you're joking right? Max dps on a weapon is somewhere in the ~1500 range and we've seen multiple weapons with DOUBLE that. If 62->63 is an extra 1.5% CC on a 4.5% CC ring, I can only imagine what 63->70 would be.

I'm thinking maybe you're all assuming the monster power will stay the same? With monsters going up 7 levels, you're going to see an exponential growth in difficulty, and you're going to have an exponential growth in item stats to keep up with it.
    Quote from JKlimek

Quote from ruksak

Quote from JKlimek

The Legendary buff killed the value of almost every old Legendary.

Do you honestly think the Legacy Legendaries had much value to begin with?

Absolutely. I had my first $250 sell on a set of Nat's boots. If you look at old Zuni's they are the only boots with IAS, etc. Some of that stuff is still worth a decent amount today.

Like 3 Legacy items are worth something, other than [far off] future value as collectors items.

I'm thinking maybe you're all assuming the monster power will stay the same?

I assume nothing at this point.

Honestly, I could care either way if Blizz finds a viable way of re-rolling old Legs. I feel it will turn out much like the introduction of BoA via patch 1.08. When many people threw a fit that their old Amulets, Shoulders, Bracers and gloves were now obsolete. People quickly forgot about such things as they started rolling incredible BoA crafts.

Much the same will occur after 2.0. Wherein, people will be furious that their 2 billion gold item now pales in compare to new Legs....that is...until they find one for themselves.
    Am I missing something, or aren't the people with the best lvl 60 gear going to be in the best position to farm/sell level 70 stuff like mad while the demand is especially high?
    Quote from FoxBatD2

Am I missing something, or aren't the people with the best lvl 60 gear going to be in the best position to farm/sell level 70 stuff like mad while the demand is especially high?

That's right! people seem to think that top end lvl 70 gear will pop up on the auctionhouse as soon as the servers are up...People, you know the auctionhouse sellers have to find the items first...right?
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    Quote from Elendiro

That's right! people seem to think that top end lvl 70 gear will pop up on the auctionhouse as soon as the servers are up...People, you know the auctionhouse sellers have to find the items first...right?

Given how most people rant and rave about the AH they've long since forgotten that it doesn't actually produce items on its own. ;)
    p400 :: 85.1k EK :: 2.38m TK
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from shaggy

Quote from Elendiro

Given how most people rant and rave about the AH they've long since forgotten that it doesn't actually produce items on its own. ;)

Game... set... and match.
    Quote from FoxBatD2

They will mostly be selling it amongst themselves for ridiculous prices until things stabilize. There are more checks and balances in Loot 2.0 + Mystic than we had in Vanilla D3 so it ends up being a race amongst the top "1%" to see who can flip between themselves the fastest. The rest of the player base will eventually catch up but it's way too early to tell how the market will play out. If Loot 2.0 holds its promise of a smoother and more/better self-found loot experience the AH will plateau pretty reasonably.
    The majority of players dont own that realy high value top notch gear. Its spread out among a few people compared to the total playerbase. When the xpac truely is some sort of item reset(im sure it is) then some of them might get mad and leave the game. Maybe some going back to d3 and follow their footsteps and being the next one buying items worth half a kidney. As long as there is something like a progress/ranking site there are people willing to spend way above avg. for claiming those top ranks.

And blizzard cleary doesnt care about what items are worth on ah nor outside ah/rmah. Have you ever checked what vile wards sold for before people crafted those nice boa shoulders? The pricetag on rare bracers was free falling when people start crafting the boa ones and getting nice results within a batch of 20 or 30 crafts. Highend trifactor gloves are still worth something but lost like 50% of their old value. Same goes for amulets. When im checking the profiles(mainchar) of people on my friendlist its mostly 3 outta 4 slots are boa crafted items already. Sure they could buy a sidegrade for 1 or 2bil on ah but there is no need for it. They stick with crafting and within the next batch of 100 there is said sidegrade. Then they get something realy insane which is hard to beat and going for the next slot.

Its been the same when blizzard raised the statcap on jewels and make items rolling affixes based on monsterlevel. The market went down within a few days and never got close to what items were selling for prior the changes.

People got used to it. Its part of the game. Some getting mad and leave others giving a flying fuk and continue flipping/botting and buy just new better gear.
    not all itmes will be totaly changed imo,there need to be somthing left for second expansion :))

Quote from MoveMountins

not all itmes will be totaly changed imo,there need to be somthing left for second expansion :))

Level 80 cap
    Item Level up to 80 (and some more insane scalability... looking forward to reaching 50 million DPS :P)
    New Act
    New Class (Necro/Druid related)
    New Legendaries (even crazier if their current ideas work)
    New Basic Items (for the new and old classes)
    Changes to systems that do not turn out the way they expect them to (Loot Runs, Neph Trials, Enchanting, Crafting, Smart Drops, Transmog, PvP [?!])
    New content added to systems that work exactly as they intended them to (Loot Runs, Neph trials, Enchanting, Crafting, Smart Drops, Transmog, PvP [?!])

Lots of stuff left for the 2nd expansion. As long as the naysayers were wrong and the expansion sells remotely well.

Release date: June 2016. Remember kids, you heard it here first :D
    Quote from Zero(pS)

Quote from MoveMountins

Level 80 cap
    Item Level up to 80 (and some more insane scalability... looking forward to reaching 50 million DPS :P)
    New Act
    New Class (Necro/Druid related)
    New Legendaries (even crazier if their current ideas work)
    New Basic Items (for the new and old classes)
    Changes to systems that do not turn out the way they expect them to (Loot Runs, Neph Trials, Enchanting, Crafting, Smart Drops, Transmog, PvP [?!])
    New content added to systems that work exactly as they intended them to (Loot Runs, Neph trials, Enchanting, Crafting, Smart Drops, Transmog, PvP [?!])

Lots of stuff left for the 2nd expansion. As long as the naysayers were wrong and the expansion sells remotely well.

Release date: June 2016. Remember kids, you heard it here first :D

just new act new class and RUNE WORDS :D

If a player can do MP10 inferno now with the gear he/she has, then why wouldn't it be possible to play lets say.........MP5 up to lvl 70 while in act IV? All the while finding upgrades and/or using the Mystic.
    Quote from Sylak

If a player can do MP10 inferno now with the gear he/she has, then why wouldn't it be possible to play lets say.........MP5 up to lvl 70 while in act IV? All the while finding upgrades and/or using the Mystic.

To answer your question: Because level 70 might be harder than level 60 MP10. Not only on MP5, but maybe even on MP1, judging by the few screens we have seen (3k DPS weapon and such).

BUT it still doesn't mean that people should sell their gear. Why would you sell your gear? To have an edge over your competitors. However, the fastest people to farm efficiently will always have an edge, and you'll certainly get faster to 70 in a MP10 capable gear then selling everything and leveling in some crap gear that'll take you down to MP5 or so (and it also kills motivation, btw).
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Sylak

To answer your question: Because level 70 might be harder than level 60 MP10. Not only on MP5, but maybe even on MP1, judging by the few screens we have seen (3k DPS weapon and such).

BUT it still doesn't mean that people should sell their gear. Why would you sell your gear? To have an edge over your competitors. However, the fastest people to farm efficiently will always have an edge, and you'll certainly get faster to 70 in a MP10 capable gear then selling everything and leveling in some crap gear that'll take you down to MP5 or so (and it also kills motivation, btw).

True. "Maybe" is the key word. ;)
    And no, I won't be selling any of my gear. :)
    In theory, I should find upgrades to my current gear to handle lvl 61-70. :)
    Quote from Sylak

And no, I won't be selling any of my gear. :)
    In theory, I should find upgrades to my current gear to handle lvl 61-70. :)

Your gear should be fine at least until 68 (WoW experience, the scaling of items really reminds me of WoW).
    I really hope they'll keep in mind all the hard work people have done to gear up until now.

I realize there's some need for changes with a new level cap, but they should try and keep obsoleteness of level 60 items to a minimum. Gear gets obsolete in WoW with a new expansion, that shouldn't happen here in the same way. They're talking about scaling up legendaries in Loot 2.0 anyway, why not do it with already existing gear too, again especially considering all the hard work people have put in. And what about all the great rares -.- I really don't like the thought of this happening every expansion (assuming there'll be more at all).
    - I know that my Redeemer liveth, and as the last man He shall stand forth upon the earth -
    - - -
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes