So one Act per expansion?

I guess that means they plan to breath some new life into the first 4 acts. I did notice in the gameplay preview that the old acts were shown with a new variety of monsters. I wonder what else will keep us farming acts 1-4 when the expansion(s) come out.
    What we saw with the random monsters in random places was very likely the new Loot Runs.
    Quote from Uldyssian

I did notice in the gameplay preview that the old acts were shown with a new variety of monsters.

What you saw there were footage of the loot runs or the "almost endless dungeons" that will create random dungeons (can look like halls of agony) but contain random monsters, such as A4 monsters in an A1 dungeon.
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    Ah, very good point :)

Either way, I hope the normal acts 1-5 will contain more variants on what we encounter.

Also I saw this on reddit. Perhaps Expansion Acts will cover different far reaching locations.

People will probably mostly farm loot runs but some "old" runs will still be viable like Vault of the ancients for Demonic essences.
    I don't know how they can breath life into acts 1-4... Maybe some tuning for events and bosses and adding some new monsters.

I'm still hoping this more like a DLC then a expansion. Honestly, i'm not going to pay a game price (50 dolars) to play a 1/4 of a game (1 act).
    "In time the hissing of her sanity
    Faded out her voice and soiled her name
    And like marked pages in a diary
    Everything seemed clean that is unstained
    The incoherent talk of ordinary days
    Why would we really need to live?
    Decide what is clear and what's within a haze
    What you should take and what to give" - Opeth
    Expansions are typically $40 from blizzard.
    Quote from italofoca

I'm still hoping this more like a DLC then a expansion. Honestly, i'm not going to pay a game price (50 dolars) to play a 1/4 of a game (1 act).

You pay a fourth or half or two-thirds of the price of an expansion with DLC and get, what, 1/20th of the content?
    That's still WAY too much money for a 1/4 of a game.

You pay a fourth of the price of an expansion with DLC and get, what, 1/50th of the content?

What DLC you're talking about ?

I paid 50 dollars for 4 acts, 5 classes and x game systems, in a time where i trusted Blizz a lot more then today. and I can't say i'm a happy D3 customer.
    I can't see myself or any other of millions people that left D3 disappointed paying 40 dollars for 1/4 of acts, 1/5 of classes and something a lot smaller then x game systems when my trust in Blizz judgement is shaky as hell.
    Quote from italofoca

But you're asking for DLC which would be paying way more for what you get. And it's not like games that go with the DLC route typically make up for it over time so that you'd eventually get what an expansion would have given you.

Quote from italofoca

You pay a fourth of the price of an expansion with DLC and get, what, 1/50th of the content?

The "good" DLC that's not some map or appearance pack ranges from $10 usually to $20 on the high end. Take ME's. Lair of the Shadow Broker was $10 and was about an hour or two of content in a game that has around thirty.
    Quote from Icesong

Quote from italofoca

But you're asking for DLC which would be paying way more for what you get. And it's not like games that go with the DLC route typically make up for it over time so that you'd eventually get what an expansion would have given you.

I'm asking for a DLC price in RoS because so far RoS looks much more like a big DLC then a expansion.

See how Starcraft expansion offers a entirely new campaign as long as the original one. And how each WoW expansions provides a raid circuit as long as the original one. No idea why it have to be different with Diablo.
    Quote from Jamoose

People will probably mostly farm loot runs but some "old" runs will still be viable like Vault of the ancients for Demonic essences.
    I don't know how they can breath life into acts 1-4... Maybe some tuning for events and bosses and adding some new monsters.

i hope that we can jump from act to act like in d2
    Quote from italofoca

I paid 50 dollars for 4 acts, 5 classes and x game systems, in a time where i trusted Blizz a lot more then today. and I can't say i'm a happy D3 customer.
    I can't see myself or any other of millions people that left D3 disappointed paying 40 dollars for 1/4 of acts, 1/5 of classes and something a lot smaller then x game systems when my trust in Blizz judgement is shaky as hell.

Try to remember that there may not be as much development costs, but they have overhead as this is not a subscription based game. They are also keeping your data indefinitely rather than 90 days or whatever small amount Diablo 2 is.

One can hope that they still have features to announce at blizzco.
    @italafoca - If you're worried about price, you can always wait a year or two and buy it at a reduced price. Or maybe buy a "Battle Chest" version.

I'm not worried about price. If the expansion (or DLC if you're so inclined to call it one) will fix the problems of the existing game, that's enough for me. Who knows how long Act V will be and what quests will be included. An endless dungeon that can potentially give you endless hours of entertainment is also not measurable by price.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Judging from what I've seen so far, price could be $60 I'd still buy it.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes