Loot 2.0 and AH predictions

Quote from shaggy

None of that matters if the self-found experience is rewarding.

I don't need/want 500k DPS and 12903821903821 million EHP.

What I need/want is to be able to find enough gear to move forward in the game on my own. I'm not in a race with anyone. I don't care if someone else uses the AH and "wins" the game faster. All I want is for the self-found experience to be good enough that I can immerse myself and truly feel like I can tackle the game on my own if I so choose.

As long as the self-found experience is rewarding many people will forget the AH exists and it won't matter what the AH kids are doing and they can keep having fun with what they find to be fun.

That is a dream that's quite possibly coming true with RoS. With smart loot, legendaries rolling on all levels and great new end-game farming additions, it seems like the enjoyment you get from actual gameplay will drastically increase.

For me, the beauty of a self-found playstyle with a working itemization system is in the way you suddenly change your whole build and experience new ways to play your class whenever an upgrade with a sweet new affix drops for you.This keeps the game fresh and satisfying for a much longer time.
    Relying on your own personal luck and skill to progress through the whole game will always have you more immersed into the world, as well as being more attached to your character. Not to mention the rush and the feeling of accomplishment that follows a great drop.
    "Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the small death that brings total obliteration."
    Quote from shaggy

None of that matters if the self-found experience is rewarding.

I don't need/want 500k DPS and 12903821903821 million EHP.

What I need/want is to be able to find enough gear to move forward in the game on my own. I'm not in a race with anyone. I don't care if someone else uses the AH and "wins" the game faster. All I want is for the self-found experience to be good enough that I can immerse myself and truly feel like I can tackle the game on my own if I so choose.

As long as the self-found experience is rewarding many people will forget the AH exists and it won't matter what the AH kids are doing and they can keep having fun with what they find to be fun.

Wait, what? Shaggy is advocating self found? Dafuq's going on? His account got hijacked, maybe?
    The problem with game changers in self found is that unless your (shared) stash is full of "what if" accessory equipment, that game changer you found is worthless until you loot all of the other equipment to swap your build over to :) That's why the AH is so awesome. If I want to toy around with builds, I can spend an afternoon tweaking and getting the right equipment from the AH right away. Without the AH you really wouldn't even have people trying out non-cookie cutter builds because of the sheer amount of time it takes to find the right equipment (in game or third party trade).

Getting back on topic, I'm pretty sure that whatever my equipment was worth is now worthless. I'm happy that there are more things to keep me interested in the game, but I feel like a lot of the progress I made over the last year on my character has just been wiped out by ten more levels. Loot 2.0 was supposed to fix our issues, not make us start over :(

I'm really curious if anyone has gone through this in Diablo 2 or WoW maybe... am I wrong? Is there really any reason to keep my equipment? I'm thinking I should sell now and bank gold to use on the AH a month after the expansion comes out?
    to be completely honest, I feel like everything the expansion is, minus the new act, is what we should have been given with the current version of diablo 3. Maybe not when it first shipped, but certainly within the months that came afterward. I could care less either way if the loot 2.0 patch comes before or with the expansion, simply because I haven't played in a few months now. I tried to log on last night to farm xp to level from para 73 but I just couldn't last more than 15 minutes.

I more than likely will buy the expansion but I'm still not 100% sold yet.

As far as the AH predictions, looking back at the original predictions thread when beta was out, NOBODY was correct about anything so I won't even bother. All you're going to see is the same people who play the AH to make a small sum of $ continue to do so, and you'll see the players whom already have hoarded their billions excel and manipulate the market. I almost want them to change the currency to a new form but I know that won't happen.

Either way, the rich will get richer, and the poor will still well..be poor.
    Quote from JKlimek

The problem with game changers in self found is that unless your (shared) stash is full of "what if" accessory equipment, that game changer you found is worthless until you loot all of the other equipment to swap your build over to :) That's why the AH is so awesome. If I want to toy around with builds, I can spend an afternoon tweaking and getting the right equipment from the AH right away. Without the AH you really wouldn't even have people trying out non-cookie cutter builds because of the sheer amount of time it takes to find the right equipment (in game or third party trade).

Except you won't need a full set of gear to successfully play a specific build. One item can make you change at least a spell or two with the way this new loot works. Also, you will have the enchantress to tweak the stats on the items to your liking.

I also very much disagree about the AH, but that's probably because I'm biased and absolutely hate that it's been implemented into a game without bound on equip items.
    "Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the small death that brings total obliteration."
    Quote from maka

Wait, what? Shaggy is advocating self found? Dafuq's going on? His account got hijacked, maybe?

Nah dude I stopped making purchases on the AH sometime before 1.0.6 I think it was. I realized that my goal in the game wasn't to "win it first." I still support people who want to min/max the fuck out of their characters via some form of item trade, though. I will never not support that, as I think item trading was a huge part of D2 online and something that lots of people enjoyed.

But I've also never really supported the "everything in PvE in Diablo is a competition" mentality either. It's that exact mentality that leads people to believe that the AH is "mandatory." Once you stop competing with everyone for biggest ePeen then you realize that your 88k DPS is still enough to hit pLvl 100 and enjoy the game. But you also realize that the gap between self-found and AH is far too large right now. If they can shrink that gap down then we will have achieved balance with the force.

The only real problem right now is the gap between self found and AH. I'll never self-find my way to 575k DPS like the top people on diabloprogress are. Hell, it's unlikely that I'll self-find my way to even 200k DPS. THAT is the inherent problem and has always been the obvious problem. I'm not saying self-found needs to get to 575k DPS either. What I'm saying is that if 100k DPS is the max, self-found can't be stuck topping out around 60k DPS, it needs to be closer to 90-95k DPS. If that last 5-10% comes from the AH, well that's how min/maxing works in a game with completely randomized loot and that's probably OK. As it stands, though, the gap is just too wide and that's the problem.

The AH has never been the problem. The AH has always been a symptom of loot being "too difficult to find on your own" more or less. And that's exactly why they won't throw BoA tags on every item.

Also, no, account not hacked... still the same old douchebag.
    66.0k elite kills :: 1.97m total kills :: p244
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Did you guys also notice that all of those legendaries are Bind on Account ?
    The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t...
    Quote from Astion

Did you guys also notice that all of those legendaries are Bind on Account ?

Most people are still in their "Everything-they-do-would-be-better-if-the-would-listen-to-me"-stance. ;)
    Besides that, I noticed it and I like this potential change which would reward playing the game much more than using the AH or real currency. Now the time has come that most whiners will no longer argue about existing game mechanics but use their "ideas" for theories about not even final features. So, sit down and enjoy this absurdity. :D
    Bandyto#2350
    EU
    Quote from greenfingers

That's a very good point, didnt think about that, I assume this means that, say a your using a wiz you'll only get wiz loot, you won't get a nice monk fist wep with high int, just coz its on a wiz

Wrong. "What is Smart Drop? Every time there's a item drop, THERE'S A CHANCE that we are gonna tweak its stats..."

Listen carefully before hating :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes