Will you buy Reaper of Souls?

Poll: Will you Buy Reaper of Souls?

Will you buy Reaper of Souls?

Will you Buy Reaper of Souls? - Single Choice

• No 9.9%
  • Yes 90.1%
    Haven't played D3 in a long while, but when this comes out next year I will be running back for sure.
    A single Act is a disappointment.
    A single class that feels too much like a barbarian is a disappointment.
    D3 is unplayable without ladder resets...
    D3 mechanic is still broken...
    For a moment in the preview video i thought he was in Act I. Like wtf...

Honestly, I don't enjoy D3 at all. It seems the exp doesn't have a lot of effort to revamp the game, so it's a no for me.
    The only thing I like about RoS is that it will review D3's real popularity (like HoS did with SC2).
    "In time the hissing of her sanity
    Faded out her voice and soiled her name
    And like marked pages in a diary
    Everything seemed clean that is unstained
    The incoherent talk of ordinary days
    Why would we really need to live?
    Decide what is clear and what's within a haze
    What you should take and what to give" - Opeth
    I'm thinking...... a tough question. I think my answer is somewhere betwee: 'erh... for real? OFC!' and 'Hell Yeah!!!'
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from huertgenwald

Paying bucks for a patch to fix a broken game ? Makes me wonder ... :facepalm:

If you had that kind of attitude in 2001, you would've missed out on the greatness that was Lord Of Destruction. Diablo 2 was "broken" until that little gem came around.

Just curious what you found broken on Diablo 2?
    Quote from CodeRedLin

Quote from Uldyssian

Anyone who says no to that question has come to the wrong part of the internet.

Or they come here to see if people still get excited by D3 :-P

I won't be buying this because it looks like they've learned absolutely nothing about the genre except that flashy images sell. Enemies posing for video sell. If you enjoy current D3 you'll love the expansion. If you thought D3 was a disgrace you are not going to like the expansion, not even if they sell it with bacon.

Lurker rant over!

same here as it stands. I haven't seen the improvement I was waiting for and I am not too keen on paying to have a patch that should come month ago and same the game. noooope sorry.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    While my expectations have lowered for this one (given the overwhelming letdown of vanilla), I'll definitely buy it. I have no expectations though. Some of the features sound good, but I don't know if they will help the core issues with the game. The Crusader looks freaking awesome tho, I'll definitely be leveling one of those.
    "All generalizations are false, including this one." -Mark Twain
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from huertgenwald

If you had that kind of attitude in 2001, you would've missed out on the greatness that was Lord Of Destruction. Diablo 2 was "broken" until that little gem came around.
    LoD had tons of content. But it is a little too soon to make the comparaison I'll give you that. LoD is going to be hard to top though.
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    I've put in around 1000 hours into D3. I'm hoping to put in atleast another 500! (hardcore selffound) :hehe:
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    Yes... I will buy it!
    Quote from Deventh

Quote from ruksak

Quote from huertgenwald

Just curious what you found broken on Diablo 2?

I put "broken" in quote marks for a reason. I didn't think it was broken, but it was a shadow of what it became after LoD. D2 at launch was very vanilla and nothing like what LoD added to it. I meant to make a comparison of d2 pre xpac and d3 pre xpac.
    BurningRope#1322
    Buying it because I should and I could.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    It depends on the price. Everything looks nice, but it's not worth another $60 to me. Best case scenario, I'll wait until after it's released and read what people have to say about it.
    I'm gonna be buying the shit out of it. Self-found Crusader from day one.

Flails are awesome.
    "Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the small death that brings total obliteration."
    I'm wondering what kind of awesomeness is going to be in the collectors edition( throws wallet at blizzard). TAKEMYMONEY
    For me, I feel the poll should have said "Duhhhh, of course!"

Massive Diablo fan since the first game was found on a PC mag cover CD. I don't fool myself into believing the game is perfect by any stretch, and I understand slaying endless waves demons doesn't appeal to everyone (their loss). However, even when flawed, I still find the franchise ticks every box that I could want from a computer game.

Even if I get bored or disillusioned, I'll know I'd have had my money's worth out of it. And I always know I'll come back if I stop playing :P

I will be buying the CE without hesitation or regret and I will be enthusiastic and excitable about it to my long suffering girlfriend.
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
    Yep I like D3, its fun to be able to come back after a month or 2 fire up and go kill stuff for a bit. Looking forward to all the new changes.
    Quote from brx

Quote from CodeRedLin

Quote from Uldyssian

Anyone who says no to that question has come to the wrong part of the internet.

Or they come here to see if people still get excited by D3 :-P

I won't be buying this because it looks like they've learned absolutely nothing about the genre except that flashy images sell. Enemies posing for video sell. If you enjoy current D3 you'll love the expansion. If you thought D3 was a disgrace you are not going to like the expansion, not even if they sell it with bacon.

Lurker rant over!

same here as it stands. I haven't seen the improvement I was waiting for and I am not too keen on paying to have a patch that should come month ago and same the game. noooope sorry.

I have a question what kind of improvement are you waiting for? Exactly what do you want to see out of D3? Not trying to be a douche, It's a serious question. I'd like to know what you guys are expecting that would make this game better and worth the buy to you.

To me I feel like the New Loot system that you don't even need the Expac for is going to fix a lot of the itemization issue. You can tell just by looking at the new Legs. 400 main stat 300 vit 3k damage, class specific properties that aren't useless, and even skill buffs/uses I think they are definitely headed in the right direction here.

Not only that but one of the more popular features I've seen wanted from fans is the Transmog and Enchant features of the Mystic I feel like shes what everyone's been shouting for since day 1

The Crusader I'm kind of meh on. Was really hoping for remake of the druid and a shapeshifter as were a lot of people. But I can't say I'm disappointed that they gave me a reason to use my stormshield, and even made class specific shields and flails.

The story I'm in love with sorry to all the writers out there but the Diablo lore has me hooked. Not just the games but the Sin war and the "the book of ... " series plus all the other books they really add a depth to this story and flesh out certain things that you couldn't get from the game. Like Tathamet... I'm pretty sure he's never been mentioned int he game but in the Book of Cain he's got a spread on him. So Act V in Westmarch sounds pretty sweet to me. I'm glad they opted for Westmarch or at least an urban area rather than a repeat of a D2 setting. I'd rather explore the world of sanctuary than stay in a few select places.

Last but not least to me the paragon system finally became a useful feature other than epeen and a small boost to stats and MF and GF. Finally customization that almost everyone's been bitching to Blizzard about is here. And they incorporated it very nicely to an existing feature so it's not exactly hard to grasp for a casual player.

Overall I feel like every step they've made today was good. No really bad features they've introduced and they've only enhanced this game farther. I feel like everyone who enjoyed D3 can get into RoS and some who weren't will be hooked by it. There will always however be those who don't like it for whatever reason.
    Not even Death will save you from Diablo Bunny's Cuteness!

I will buy Reaper of Souls
    ofc I will, and if i manage to find a CE then i'll go for it.
    Quote from Bladesinger

ofc I will, and if i manage to find a CE then i'll go for it.

If there's a CE for it, then I'm buying 3!! (Still have 2 unopened D3 CE boxes =P )
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes