Blizzard confirms changes to game systems will come as a free patch!

Polish Diablo III Community Manager, Wuluxar, has confirmed that changes made to the game systems will be available to all Diablo III players as a free patch:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/pl/forum/topic/7960896792#13

Translation:
    Forum user: “It’s likely that when the expansion comes out (or shortly before that) there will be a 2.0 patch.”
    Wuluxar (Blizzard): “Changes to the game systems will come in a patch preceeding the release of the expansion – they will be available to all players, including the ones that don’t have the expansion (of course for free).”
    "What is dead, should stay dead"
    Good to confirm it. I'm sure most of us have all assumed this, except for the fanatical haters.
    If this is true, then seriously, all the haters should shut up. Which other company would do that? That's just amazing service (if true). Yeah, a long wait, but what we've seen so far from D3X looks stunning.
    Yeah. Awesome.

Expected to be honest :)

I expected this, but i'm happy it's been confirmed. I can't wait for it, so i can play a bit of D3 while tasting (yes, tasting) the changes for the expansion.
    That's a really great move, and will get a lot of people hyped for the expansion.
    "Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the small death that brings total obliteration."
    Yup,best news today :)
    what falls under 'game systems' please?
    "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Shigeru Miyamoto-nintendo boss

"I think it's hilarious because gamers won't be getting watered down anything.
    This is flat out Diablo 3." -Anonymous discussing the console version
    Quote from brx

what falls under 'game systems' please?

Paragon levels
    Mystic
    Loot runs (maybe)
    Loot 2.0

etc...

The stuff that will be exclusive to the expansion will be the new class and the new act along with everything inside it.

Quote from Jamoose

The stuff that will be exclusive to the expansion will be the new class and the new act along with everything inside it.

And the extra 10 levels I guess
    Not sure about the Mystic to be quite honest.
    Quote from overneathe

I wonder how they are going to integrate her. Will you acquire her in Act I as part of the story or is she going to magically show back up in Act V?
    Quote from Mutilate24

Quote from overneathe

I wonder how they are going to integrate her. Will you acquire her in Act I as part of the story or is she going to magically show back up in Act V?

You will acquire her in Act V as a part of the story?

Fixed that for you :D
    Quote from Mutilate24

Quote from overneathe

The mystic as it was in pre-beta, the one that added sockets, is actually the one you save from the spider queen. It could easily be they are just going to reuse her. You can even see her little camp in all the acts. Like the little campfire in act 1
    Quote from Nensec

The mystic as it was in pre-beta, the one that added sockets, is actually the one you save from the spider queen. It could easily be they are just going to reuse her. You can even see her little camp in all the acts. Like the little campfire in act 1

There would be a big story jump, though, if suddenly anyone who has completed Act 1 Quest 5 (?) would suddenly have a new NPC showing up in town as a result of completing that quest.

I mean I don't particularly care about the storyline, but it would seem more... seamless... if she were a "reward" from a quest in Act 5 like Haedrig is in Act 1 and Shen is in Act 2.

EDIT
    It's also likely that they'll want to reserve SOME features as expansion-exclusive. Most of the features they announced can be handed out to everyone even if they don't purchase the expansion. They do have to strike a balance - give everything out for free and it feels like you're paying $40 (or whatever the cost may be) for a new level cap and some new items - give too little out and it feels like we're paying for fixes that we thought should be patched in for free.
    66.0k elite kills :: 1.97m total kills :: p244
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from shaggy

Quote from Nensec

There would be a big story jump, though, if suddenly anyone who has completed Act 1 Quest 5 (?) would suddenly have a new NPC showing up in town as a result of completing that quest.

I mean I don't particularly care about the storyline, but it would seem more... seamless... if she were a "reward" from a quest in Act 5 like Haedrig is in Act 1 and Shen is in Act 2.

Not saying that is what will happen, just saying that is the original mystic npc that never made it into the game. Since they are calling the new npc also a mystic they 'could' reuse the npc they had in place originally
    Quote from Nensec

Quote from Mutilate24

Quote from overneathe

I guess they could just make it a "you save A mystic in Act I not THE mystic" scenario. /Shrug. Guess we will find out.
    im not sure why you guys are suprised. its been like that in WoW for all expansions: the new system changes come in a patch shortly before the x-pack ships. after that patch everyone will have the same system (i.e. when you buy WoW now you dont have vanilla WoW, the system will be the one introduced with MoP)

there will be some features only for lvl70 probably (Loot Runs?) so ppl have a motivation to buy the addon. the core gameplay mechanics will be updated so that new D3 players w/o the x-pack dont have to relearn everything once they hit lvl60
    From a blue:

We want to implement a lot of the new systems and features in a pre-expansion patch for free. That should include Paragon 2.0, Loot 2.0, Loot Runs, and Nephalem Trials. For now, you'll need to purchase the expansion to play as the Crusader, explore Act V, unlock the Mystic, and level up to 70. These details may change as development moves along, but we want some of the core gameplay improvements to be available for everyone.
    Good, so we know what we will get before the expansion, so we can see how things are going! Yay!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes