New Reaper of Souls Teaser Image on Chinese Site

It seems there is a new teaser up on the forums at the official Chinese fan site d.163.com, sources are saying this site has been enlisted by Blizzard to show a teaser image that is slowly being revealed behind a burning page;

http://bbs.d.163.com/forum.php

The image has changed 4 times so far since it went up a few days ago, with the burnt holes becoming increasingly bigger and numerous.

The image behind appears to show angels, with Imperius distinct "firey" wings on the right and an as of yet unknown angel on the left (Maltheal?).

Thoughts?
    Can you upload the photos or show a direct link to all the photos? All your link does is bring us to the Chinese site
    NollicTitan
    Quote from Nollictitan

Can you upload the photos or show a direct link to all the photos? All your link does is bring us to the Chinese site

You can see the burning paper at the top of the page that is linked.. I don't have pictures of the progression but I saw it change myself only an hour or so ago. There is a thread on the forums discussing it.
    Prolly just fan art. There's no reason I can think of that Blizz would "tease" using some obscure Chinese website.
    BurningRope#1322
    As of this post:

I don't think that it is proof of anything.. its more likely something the website put up for cosmetics..
    NollicTitan
    I think Jay Wilson is the Reaper of Souls.

OT: Release the motherfuckin trailer you mutherfuckin blizzardgamehyperemployees.
    Quote from ruksak

Prolly just fan art. There's no reason I can think of that Blizz would "tease" using" some obscure Chinese website.

It's not obscure if you're chinese.
    Quote from Icesong

Yes, yes it is. Don't you think that I would find many American websites to be obscure? Unless you think people of a given nationality have full awareness of every website run within their borders......
    BurningRope#1322
    The site is widely recognized as the "official" fan site of Diablo in China with some level of correspondence with Blizzard. It's not entirely unlikely that they would do a teaser reveal on such a hugely popular web-site I think.

You do realize the population of China more than quadruple's that of the USA right?
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from Icesong

Yes, yes it is. Don't you think that I would find many American websites to be obscure? Unless you think people of a given nationality have full awareness of every website run within their borders......

Ehm, I think Icesong is pointing out that it's "go to" Diablo site in China.
    Nothing seems to have been teased yet.
    sto lavorando
    Quote from inkcheese

A hidden image that is slowly being revealed behind a piece of burning parchment that updates periodically to reveal more..

If that's not a tease then I don't know what is. :P
    Quote from DamienJohn

Quote from inkcheese

A hidden image that is slowly being revealed behind a piece of burning parchment that updates periodically to reveal more..

Can you venture a guess as to why Blizz, an American software company, would do this through a Chinese outlet? It's likely just a fan-made/website-made teaser for the reveal on Wednesday. I seriously doubt this is official.

It may be, I have my doubts though.
    BurningRope#1322
    so your saying as time passes more of the parchment is burnt?
    NollicTitan
    Diablo 3 ain't even out in China officially, so the first thing Blizzard (or it's chinese partner, Netease) would tease there is the chinese launch.
    I remember back before the beta when I joined d.163. Fun times. :)
    Quote from m4st0d0n

Diablo 3 ain't even out in China officially, so the first thing Blizzard (or it's chinese partner, Netease) would tease there is the chinese launch.

I think Blizz should color the box with poisonous lead paint like the Chinese do to our children's toys.
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from m4st0d0n

I think Blizz should color the box with poisonous lead paint like the Chinese do to our children's toys.

Hahaha
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from DamienJohn

Quote from inkcheese

Can you venture a guess as to why Blizz, an American software company, would do this through a Chinese outlet? It's likely just a fan-made/website-made teaser for the reveal on Wednesday. I seriously doubt this is official.

It may be, I have my doubts though.

Well due to the nature of the original image (dark etc) it could go against laws in china, most game's such as wow and diablo are edited in china to cover raw flesh etc. It could be that the reveal for the E.U/U.S are going to show something a tad more dark.

That is the only reason i could justify that there would be a separate reveal, apart from that crazy idea - i don't know :P haha
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes