Blizzard's "special announcement" for Gamescom

World of Warcraft, Diablo developer to hold Gamescom press conference August 21.

Blizzard Entertainment will make a "special announcement" during a Gamescom press conference on August 21, the World of Warcraft and Diablo studio announced today.

The news comes from an invitation sent to media today that reads, "We're making a special announcement that's sure to capture the attention of the Heavens, Burning Hells, and all the shadowed places that lie between."
    The event itself will take place on the first day of Gamescom, August 21, at 11:30 a.m. local time. Gamescom takes place August 21-25 in Cologne, Germany.
    GameSpot will be on-hand at the event.
    Blizzard Entertainment has a number of projects in the pipeline, including Diablo III for consoles, Blizzard All-Stars, Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft, StarCraft II: Legacy of the Void, and a next-generation MMO, in addition to continued support for World of Warcraft.

Sounds like something D3 related to me.

http://eu.blizzard.com/en-gb/company/events/gamescom-2013.html
    Yeah, it's probably related to Diablo. I hope it's something related to the expansion or a future patch, but i think it's related to the console version :(
    "Hey Gamescom!
    We'd like to let you know that we've done it at last. We've added the comma!
    But that's not all...
    We've also added a new colour to the chat gem!"

Sorry, just trying out the hating style of sarcasm that seems to have infected this forum so much lately :P I also remember the hype from the Gamescon where they just did piece of art outside when we were dying for a release date.

Since they've quoted the High Heavens and Burning Hells in that, rather than mentioning Azeroth or stomping a Zerg invasion, I would guess that it's D3 related. I'd also hazard a guess that it was news relating to a major content patch or to the console rather than an expansion. I would expect them to keep any expansion news for BlizzCon. Three weeks away and just before the console release would be a nice time to get an itemisation overhaul I think ;)
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
    I think it's pretty easy to pinpoint this as a Diablo III announcement. What it will be is tough to guess. It could range from Diablo III for xbox one and ps4 to the Expansion 1 announcement.

I'm guessing either Itemization preview or Expansion 1 announcement. I know this is a bit optimistic however they need something to boost moral for this game. Nobody cares right now.
    Well, besides the new rumours of a Diablo MMO*, it could be information on the expansion. I really wouldn't be surprised if they announced new classes, like the Druid and a shield class like a Guardian/Templar/Paladin. Remember, they said the Barbarian was the only returning class at least until the expansion.

Also, I know many of you will disagree, but I can really see them announcing some kind of skill tree for the expansion. I'm not sure it will work exactly like Diablo 2's skill tree; but maybe something slightly different. But this will all probably come at Blizzcon.

But as for the announcement specifically, probably something that everyone will sigh at and say "Really...is that it?".

*Diablo MMO release to coincide with Half Life 3's release.
    Quote from Snap7

Well, besides the new rumours of a Diablo MMO*, it could be information on the expansion. I really wouldn't be surprised if they announced new classes, like the Druid and a shield class like a Guardian/Templar/Paladin. Remember, they said the Barbarian was the only returning class at least until the expansion.

Also, I know many of you will disagree, but I can really see them announcing some kind of skill tree for the expansion. I'm not sure it will work exactly like Diablo 2's skill tree; but maybe something slightly different. But this will all probably come at Blizzcon.

But as for the announcement specifically, probably something that everyone will sigh at and say "Really...is that it?".

*Diablo MMO release to coincide with Half Life 3's release.

I vaguely remember someone from Blizzard saying that Diablo 3 would be the last of the franchise, and would only be getting expansions. I may be wrong (and hope I am). Until it's been made official and gets a full farewell party, then I won't believe it though.
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
    If it's Diablo 3 stuff it'll be console related most likely. Blizzcon hasn't taken place since 2011 and I am sure they really want to save their big announcements (WoW,Diablo SC2 expansions) for that event.

Edit: Hopefully I will be wrong and we will be getting expansion info :)
    It's the roadmap for diablo 3 and patch release...Nothing else would make sense. They need to show the roadmap before they release the console version, so console buyers won't be able to go "what the hell..i bought a game which you completely changed the month after i bought it?!"..No..that won't happen..they will announce the patch and announce future changes...and push it out right before the console release (the loot overhaul patch that is), so they won't get that kind of heat for the loot system a week later ..the console version would be shredded with todays loot system..there is just no way you can "self find" your way to mp10 without an AH available.

Patch needs to arrive before september 3..At least for the consoles...Or people that makes it to 60 will just stop playing as they're making 0 progress with the mp's. They will also announce their plans for the mystic, but i'm pretty sure he won't make it for 1.09

My guess for the new loot system is that the range between good and bad items will be very small ..giving players a great chance to find all they need on their own (say a "bad" 1 hander has 900 dps minimum at inferno level and a good one has 11-1200)
    Please excuse me if hollow hype no longer moves me so.

I would only get excited if they announced a major content patch on this side of 2013. Any announcement without a date will fall deaf upon my ears.

It's D3X1 for sure because there were NEVER two major game premieres at a BlizzCon.
    I was pretty sure it was something minor that I wouldn't care about, likely something to do with consoles. But diablo.incgamers is speculating that it is indeed the expansion, and they have a pretty convincing argument. Who knows - don't really care when it's actually announced, since I probably won't end my D3 break until it launches, and that's certainly a long way off still.
    It's going to be a D3X teaser (cinematic clip and title). No concrete info, as that will follow with Blizzcon.
    I don't know why you guys are getting excited. Whatever they announce we won't have it before the very least 4 years.
    Diablo is an action adventure game before an rpg.
    I hope this announcement is about adding more white and blue item drops to Inferno especially after a large encounter with Elites.
    If it's related to the console version, I will not be disappointed.
    Quote from Indimix

If it's related to the console version, I will not be disappointed.

PS4 version details?
    Quote from Jack00

I don't know why you guys are getting excited. Whatever they announce we won't have it before the very least 4 years.

So YOU'RE the one that shit all over the coats!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    I have this feeling, that Zero will have a fulltime job banning ppl and closing threads at 21 august :P.
    Quote from Indimix

I have this feeling, that Zero will have a fulltime job banning ppl and closing threads at 21 august :P.

Cannot be worse than the whole post ANYTHING over 3 sentences for a beta key deal Diablo fans did. Granted... I got a key out of that.
    Quote from Mob_Dylan
    Blizzard Entertainment has a number of projects in the pipeline

Yeah, sadly nothing really "catchy" :/

Diablo III Consoles = dont care.
    Diablo III Expansion = interesting, but only when Loot 2.0 gonna rocks.
    Blizzard all Stars = dont care.
    Heartstone = gonna check it out, but not really into card games
    Legacy of the Void = dont care.
    WoW Expansion = could care even less, stopped played 2 years ago.
    next Gen MMO = minimum 5 years to go.

My Hopes right now lay with the new Everquest Next...the Voxel Engine looks damn nice.

Also the new game from UBISoft looks daaamn sweet --> The Division
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes