What Should My First Char Be?

What class should I aim to level to 60 first? I really enjoy playing barb and DH but I've read that end game DH is fairly weak. In D2 it was financially ideal to level up a MF sor ASAP when ladder hit, is there any such equivalent in D3? Thanks
    Just play whatever you enjoy , all the classes can farm fast enough even a DH , you just need to know how to gear them and not waste your gold on useless items.
    @Bugah, Personaly, I have enjoyed the barbarian the most. This game has such great and tight controls, which make very fun and fast paced combat. Bashing skulls in with the barb is so much fun.
    Best advice I can give is to try out each character up to level 10-15 (higher if you like) and see which class you enjoy the most.There is no D2 Sorc like super MF character, and each class has it's good farming builds. Others are easy and efficient but boring to play. There's a lot of variety out there.

Also, every person has their own opinion on which class is best and why. Some are gear dependent, others are more based on skill.

IMO, it's much better to play a class that you enjoy because with level 60 and then paragon levels after, you'll be playing that character for a long time.

Finally - ignore the haters and the trolls (and don't feed either). Play the game and work out your own opinions on it.

Welcome to the forums, and hope you have fun :D
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
    well the best class to farm legendarys is definitely the barb, no other class can farm them as fast as him, but since farming isnt as good as it was in diablo 2 because the chances of finding something useful are so small you should really play a class you enjoy
    Quote from Laevus

Best advice I can give is to try out each character up to level 10-15 (higher if you like) and see which class you enjoy the most.There is no D2 Sorc like super MF character, and each class has it's good farming builds. Others are easy and efficient but boring to play. There's a lot of variety out there.

Also, every person has their own opinion on which class is best and why. Some are gear dependent, others are more based on skill.

IMO, it's much better to play a class that you enjoy because with level 60 and then paragon levels after, you'll be playing that character for a long time.

Finally - ignore the haters and the trolls (and don't feed either). Play the game and work out your own opinions on it.

+1 for you. ;)
    Quote from Laevus

^
    Quote from Bugah

What class should I aim to level to 60 first? I really enjoy playing barb and DH but I've read that end game DH is fairly weak. In D2 it was financially ideal to level up a MF sor ASAP when ladder hit, is there any such equivalent in D3? Thanks

I play DH and they are not weak, this is a ploy used by bad DH, they want buffs.. :D

They say DH are weal because they really don't have a cookie cutter, face roll everything with their eyes closed set up.

Biggest advice I could give is forget D2. This game is nothing like D2.
    Quote from Laevus

If you should listen to anybody, it's this guy! good post
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    Quote from Laevus

That is some very good advice! Honestly, the overwhelmingly staggering amount of trolls and haters on seemingly every D3 forum I've visited was enough for me to reconsider playing the game at all, but the fact that there are still some players like you left in this community gives me hope!
    Do not be too optimistic. Currently many people think they are game designers and feel the urge to post their absolutely amazing ideas including speculations instead of waiting for an official announcement.
    Bandyto#2350
    EU
    Quote from Bandyto

Do not be too optimistic. Currently many people think they are game designers and feel the urge to post their absolutely amazing ideas including speculations instead of waiting for an official announcement.

Um, yeah, because Blizzard asked the community to do so.

Quote from Bugah

Don't pick a class based on how the balance is now, just play what you enjoy.

If you want a class where your skills can make a big difference though, I think DH provides the most fun options to play around with, and it's easier to differentiate with it if you do have skills.
    However, in the absence of skills, or with a really laggy/bad PC, I can see DH being very frustrating.

The only people I know that still play DH now and didn´t reroll to something else are people that are a master of the class.
    And as far as I know, they still enjoy it.
    The DH's that like to facetank really notice they are not a melee class, while they're effectively playing like one (i.e. standing still while tanking mobs). They end up whining over the insane gear prices because to play like that, you need a lot of defensive stats then, which is costly.

And that's the reality of MP10. Mobs just have too much HP (34x mp0 mob hp) so you will lose a lot of dps running around, staying alive. It's not efficient to do so, you really want to 1shot white mobs and kill elites fast as well as a DH. So on MP10 a barbarian will win. But compare the two on MP5 and the DH can pretty easily provide superior results compared to a barb, imo.

The DH will farm most effectively at a lower MP though, simply because it´s a speedy class with ranged dps output and the barbarian is a melee class that needs to build resources and then spend them.
    Instead of playing both, you could also look at gameplay footage of different players and see which style fits you best.

But everyone can play a barbarian well. It's a lot easier than playing a DH well.

Financially, all classes having equal dropchances for their endgame gear, the class played the least should be the cheapest since the demand of the gear would be lowest. And I think not DH but WD fits this role. After WD comes DH though, so it should still be pretty cheap to gear it.

It´s also pretty easy to just get your offensive benchmarks and use your playing skills as your character´s defense and farm effectively as DH.
    As barbarian, you would still need that defense, no way around it, but it would be cheaper to get it because your class is meant to take those hits and a DH never was.

The way I progressed was exactly in this manner. I got the offensive benchmarks to farm pretty effectively as DH, once I earned enough gear and gold I could gear a barbarian. As a DH, you can be invincible under certain conditions, if you pay attention. And it doesn't have to gimp your spec either.

As soon as my DH would have the offensive stats to 1shot MP10 mobs though, it would be twice as efficient/fast as my barbarian. However, since mobs have 34 times as much health on MP10 than MP0, that's not happening for me anytime soon. But take it to mp5 and my DH is faster again. Take it to MP10 and my barbarian is faster, but that is subject to balance changes and you should not decide on it.

It's kind of like comparing apples and pears.
    So like has been said, play what you think is most fun really. And welcome to the forum :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes