More customisation is not the solution

What I meant is that mr twoflower didn't understand (for instance) the ideas of mr monstrosity, he then talks about an issue he understood from those ideas ( completely out of context ) and is questioning them.

more customisation, adding more to the game according to those ideas bring the concept of variety, so when Mr twoflower talks about trifectas, etc, he clearly didnt read the post through , I was trying to redirect Mr twoflower to Mr monstrosity's post so he could read it through instead of reading bits and bits and taking conclusions like this

Like I am doing right now, Im taking the conclusion that he did read monstrosity's post.

When you bring more variety to the game, by default you create more possibilities, so instead of a ring only being good if it rolled (crit , crit dmg , attack speed ) variety means that a ring with new affixes could be better or equal to that kind of ring, that way the game becomes less linear and takes a jump forward

When he talks about "not enugh people have enugh good items " ... come on who cares what other people have, the only thing about this game that matters is the good feeling you have of constantly upgrading your character, variety brings that.

The only thing Mr twoflower might be right even tho he didnt even mention it but I think he thought about it is the "numbers" the difference between a good and a bad roll, and Mr monstrosity explained that, he said that tweaking numbers is another matter, what matters is bringing more variety and options to the game

When Mr Twoflowert talks about trifectas and the reduced chance of getting a good item with more affixes he simply didnt understand what he read and that is a fact. That is why I didnt enjoy very much someone posting about that, making an issue out of part of a good idea without understanding the "big picture" .

So Mr Jklimek, it wasnt an attack, I simply dont enjoy people with his attitude apparently the same way you dont enjoy people with mine, so if you are going to quickly dismiss the attempt for the greater good of productivity that I took right now, I invite you to ignore it and fuck off :)
    They could add some mutually exclusive stats. For example, CHC+CHD tend to roll together. They can now add “Average Damage+ Bleed (Weapon Damage based and stackable)”. ASI can roll with any of them.
    Quote from Ughthar

Like I am doing right now, Im taking the conclusion that he did read monstrosity's post.

Bla bla bla.

As I wrote, I have not read it yet. Actually reading what I posted would help. Didnt even bother to read the rest of your post.

Quote from Vladh

The number of possible affixes on an item would remain the same, however the pool from which they're chosen will be greater.

You'd still have cc, cd, as, loh, ls but we'd get 3-4 more.

I dont think that they can make all attributes equally desirable. There will still be a best attribute that everybody wants. With moire affixes, your chance to get this best attribute is just smaller. How does that help us ?
    Quote from Twoflower

Quote from Vladh

The number of possible affixes on an item would remain the same, however the pool from which they're chosen will be greater.

I dont think that they can make all attributes equally desirable. There will still be a best attribute that everybody wants. With moire affixes, your chance to get this best attribute is just smaller. How does that help us ?

Because having 6 awesome and the rest crap is not the same as having 6 awesome, 6 good and the rest crap.
    you are only giving me reason by saying that, you dont read it through and have no idea what you are talking about
    Quote from Bagstone

I really fail to see how D2 was "more complex" than D3. And let's not even talk about D1, which required less mental effort than Tetris on level 1.

Sure, you could level 10 chars to level 50 with different skills and "see" how the mechanics worked to figure out what your next char would be and then use your stashed items (or trade new ones) to create this guy... but not many players did this (at least trading was only done by the majority, as Blizzard once admitted themselves).

Theoretically, D3 offers mechanics for complexity as well - it's just that some skills are not balanced enough and the itemization is flawed, but both is being worked on. However, at the same time Diablo was never about complexity but is a fast-paced ARPG. If you want complexity, skip the "A" in ARPG and go play one of the other games (single player RPGs or MMORPGs), or PoE for that matter.

Blizzard will not turn Diablo in a complex pro-gamer franchise, they're headed the other direction.

Well honestly, the other direction means just means more dumbed down. And D3 is the least complex ARPG I've ever played.

It kind of weird that you mention D2 not being complex and then tell me to go play POE if I want a complex game. POE is more in line with D2 then D3. So you are pretty much proving my point.

I brought this up a while ago and got a 'trolling' infraction ( which made no sense). But seriously, how would you feel if they just removed items and just focused on combat instead. I would probably enjoy the game a lot more if they did.

D2 will always be more complex for the simple fact of skill trees, builds and pvp . Im just not buying that D3 is complex in any shape or form. And the fact is im not alone, which is why people are constantly complaining about D3 and coming up with great ideas to fix this game.
    Quote from Twoflower

Quote from Ughthar

Bla bla bla.

As I wrote, I have not read it yet. Actually reading what I posted would help. Didnt even bother to read the rest of your post.

Quote from Vladh

Uhm, even if they're not equally desirable, we're not playing WoW. Sure some people want the best possible gear, but you don't necessarily need the best to farm efficiently on let's say mp3( with a 1 million budget you can easily farm mp1, even 500k is enough). Blizzard will test those affixes, either internally or through ptr, they might nerf some and buff others until they're as balanced as possible.

If let's say cd and cc are still the best after the itemization, but 3 other affixes are introduced, as a self-found player at least, i will still see some pretty good items. The wouldn't be the best for maximum damage/survivability, but at least i would be able to farm efficiently without the AH. The problem right now is that you just don't see any good item playing without the AH.
    They had a solution for this in the before time, the long long ago. It was called 'prefixes' and 'suffixes' in lieu of today's 'affixes'. There were many such great 'prefixes' and 'suffixes', but an item could only roll 3 of each as its total 'affixes'.

The possibility of an item rolling all of the best 'affixes' just did not exist, in stark contrast to today's quinfecta terrors.

Problem solved!
    Quote from Ughthar

you are only giving me reason by saying that, you dont read it through and have no idea what you are talking about

Agreed. The "viable" stats are already there, they are just not "optimal" (specially with the 75% Offense vs 25% Defense mentality).

People simply won't get Pants with CHD if it's mathematically known that getting EHP there, and then focusing their Offense on Jewelry is outright better. Which is precisely what happens today on most gear slots.

I mean, dumb hipsters like me will always think they're being awesome by getting 80 all res and Life% on a ring that has mediocre Crit Chance and meh Mainstat, and trade their Zunimassa's Marrow for a Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit and think it's great to keep that balance, but most others simply won't care - all that matters to them is a trifecta perfect ring. Everything else is "useless".
    Quote from Zero(pS)

I mean, dumb hipsters like me will always think they're being awesome by getting 80 all res and Life% on a ring that has mediocre Crit Chance and meh Mainstat, and trade their Zunimassa's Marrow for a Tal Rasha's Relentless Pursuit and think it's great to keep that balance, but most others simply won't care - all that matters to them is a trifecta perfect ring. Everything else is "useless".

Sounds like my WD..lol

Meh, its not like rolling MP 10 is anything to be proud of. My WD only hangs with mp 3-4 and I couldn't care less.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes