Loot 2.0, discovering its true potential.

Interesting ideas. Some criticism though:

* Legendaries will still probably roll with random affixes in loot 2.0. So in addition to being potentially crap, the rarity chance will skyrocket. So potentially worse than the current situation. If there were another item class above legendary with fixed affix rolls (like D2 legendaries) this'd be viable. Could make them bind on pickup for the self-found epeen.

* Achievements with direct gameplay benefits won't happen. People will feel like they're "forced" to complete them.

* Legendary lore journal sounds like a neat idea. Not sure it's worth the development time/cost though. I've gone through the journal entries only once and that was only on the first playthrough.

* The 50-500 NV stacks idea won't happen as it would severely discourage short playtimes (eg: lunch breaks, parents, casual players etc). Legendaries with NV stack multipliers will just become mandatory gear swap items you keep permanently in your inventory.

* Having too many different types of elemental crafting materials is problematic with inventory space. You also have the extremely large development problem of trying to make them all useful (and somewhat balanced). Just look at Fiery Brimstones now, and multiply that by 7.

* Hunting uniques for rare drops is a very bad idea. If you've ever tried to complete the "A Unique Collection" achievement you'll probably know what I mean. Unless of course they greatly increase the spawn rates.

* Quadrupling your character's inventory won't happen as there's 2 problems: more database storage (network infrastructure, HDDs etc) & trivializes inventory management. Not even sure this is needed for salvage-derived crafting mats as crafting NPCs can now use the stash, so essentially this only really affects picked up gems.

* Streamlining lower level gems is a waste of time. Once players hit inferno, they no longer care about them. Higher level gems dropping won't happen as it's meant to be a gold/gem sink.

* I like the legendary upgrade idea. Just nitpicking, but with the proposed tightened rolls the upgrade range will likely be smaller.

* Rune weapons are awesome. Or maybe even droppable runestones that you can slot into weapons.
    Legendaries:
    New runes for abilities through legendaries: +++ absolutely has to happen. But first I'd like to see at least 2 runes per ability removed. 5 variations per ability is just stupid and not necessary. It has huge problems though as balancing this will be very hard:
    If the new ability is even slightly stronger it completely trivializes the other runes, at this point you could tie every rune to items and not bother giving the player any "base" runes. Do not fool yourselves by thinking there wont be an "optimal" rune if you put it on items. The only thing that will happen is that the player isn't now restricted in the build he takes but even in the items he uses. This might lead to players being even less unique/different than they already are.

I think I would prefer the runes to be drops that you then either apply to weapon or directly on the ability rune slot. Perhaps make them have some random properties as well to make the diversity even bigger.
    You win with just the pictures alone. Well thought out suggestion.
    sto lavorando
    "Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the small death that brings total obliteration."
    Having more (and harsh) gold sinks is stupid.

A gold sink does nothing more than to encourage botting (gold becomes valuable -> there's profit to be made -> more bots) and to hurt legit players.

How many hours do you need to play to pick up 180 million gold, Mr. True Loot Potential?
    Nice pictures, bad ideas !
    Great ideas. Well written. Good job.

Nice pictures, bad ideas !

nice constructive comment!
    dont be frustrated u cant invent anything/dont have any passion, if u have to comment make it constructive - say what is wrong in your opinion and how it could be improved

i like those ideas, maybe dont agree with all - like gold cost of improvements at mystic, its out of reach for most casual players and every one want to feel some power, want to reach ever a goal. its just a number so it can be tweaked.
    however its not a best, cause items improved like this need to be BOA. + mystic would have to big influence on AH and overall gear prices
    all crafting imo needs some randomness, there were many solutions - like chance to improve stat but also a chance to break the item, not totally, u can fix it using some crafting materials but the closer to perfection the more it needs to upgrade and to fix.
    other solution for mystic is to give her power to enchant items with buffs to skills, and spread around the diablo world crafting recipes and materials. ont make her only stat rerolling bitch.
    Idea about mf - one of best i have ever seen

Achievments towards legendary items - both hands up, i'm a type of explorer and collector, in d2 i had used pencil and paper method to write down "my achievments". here also i would like to know what items i have found by myself. on the other hand i love playing DH and wouldnt like to be punished by not founding andy 1-H crossbow

MF going to only nefalem valor- sure, just again some tweaking needed. i would start from 10% on mp0 (wchich u forgot we have) per NV and going to 30% at mp 10. It would cut it to 50 elite kills on mp0 to reach MF cap of 500 and 17 at mp10.
    rewards playing longer and those with no time are screwed? well diablo is game about farming, deal with it or change game type

* Rune weapons are awesome. Or maybe even droppable runestones that you can slot into weapons.

Thats also my opinion, finding proper rune and forging it forever into weapon of your dream at mystics parlevoir would be awesome:)
    ok unforge would be ok but needs some mechanism - u destroy weapon or rune. this game need some item sinks. BOA is really poor way dealing with it.
    The gold costs are over the top but numbers can always be changed (eg buffing nerfing damage is easy). It's the substance that truly matters.

I for one have never had 10,000,000 gold ever in my stash because there are just too many outlets for it. I doubt I could ever make a Marquise gem ever because I am a casual player.
    sto lavorando
    Clear, cohesive, well presented, concrete suggestions and with awesome screenshots. :Thumbs Up: Not to mention how easy it is to like your ideas/suggestions.

Every "suggestion" should follow this template (of graphical and textual presentation) and example (in ideas), instead of the crappy ones we see every now and then.

An outstanding job. If I could give you dozens of +1s I would :cheers:
    Blizzard, if you're reading, this would 100% make me come back to the game. Brilliant ideas.
    One of the best balanced anticipation I have ever read. I hope yours ideas don't fall into oblivion. Special mention to your legendarie runes section and the unique hunt
    I thought my ideas were interesting.. but yours... oh man!

Yours are superb!

When I read the "Legendary Items" part I was like: "Oh sh*t! This is one of the best ideas I've ever seen... Please Blizzard make it happen in Loot 2.0"

Man, you're a god!

+ infinite

P.S.

What about making your idea of "Magic Find" scale with Paragon Levels?

I mean something like every paragon level makes you stack your NVs faster:

every paragon level gives you a 0,25% chance that every elite you kill it will give you 2 stacks of NV instead of 1, so at paragon level 100 every elite has a 25% chance to give the player 2 stacks of NV instead of 1.
    Excellent ideas! Superb presentation! Well done.
    I have only 2 concerns:
    1. The MF change, it’s too harsh and considering the state of current drop rates and RNG it will require from the player to play almost 2 acts, in order to get the 500%MF cap and after that have a REAL chance for something good to drop
    For example an ACT1 run, cemetery - hollow – festering - fields – mansion gives 16-25 elites
    And we’re not even close to max MF, even in MP10, resulting in frustration from the bad drops.
    It further enhances the gap between the rich and poor, as NOONE who plays <MP5 will EVER have a decent drop, unless he/she played the entire game (act1 – act4)
    1. The mystic. The costs are very high, allowing the super-rich, to easily achieve new levels of superiority while the rest of us will try to keep up.
    My suggestion is this:
    • Lower the gold cost (max 10mil). We still have a gold sink, but not so steep.
    • Why not make it an item sink, as well?
    In order to increase the cc, the player must have 4-5 items of the same type with higher values of the desired affix. So if I want to go from 3.5% cc to 4% cc, I’ll need to find 4rings/helms with over 3.5% cc.

Just my 2c..
    I really hope EVEN ONE of your ideas gets the devs attention!!
    +10^infinite

A gold sink does nothing more than to encourage botting (gold becomes valuable -> there's profit to be made -> more bots) and to hurt legit players.

How many hours do you need to play to pick up 180 million gold, Mr. True Loot Potential?

I thought the same when I saw gold costs of tens of millions.

Well it needs tuning of course.
    But I see what he tried to achieve with that: gold sinks need to be there and must be effective, the problem is "how" ... and that's where Blizzard devs kick in ;D

Well it needs tuning of course.
    But I see what he tried to achieve with that: gold sinks need to be there and must be effective, the problem is "how" ... and that's where Blizzard devs kick in ;D

If you want any kind of reward for actually playing the game then gold (and any global currency) needs to be absolutely worthless.

If you want any kind of reward for actually playing the game then gold (and any global currency) needs to be absolutely worthless.

Mhm... if the game is going to be less auction house dependant I agree but I can't see the "gold-worthless/less important" thing coming.. not until the expansion at least.
    Is this really all it takes to convince the masses? People are yelling about the 2nd coming and how this would fix the game... really?

Shinier legendary particles and a statbitch is all it takes? Sounds like you guys are just liking the pictures.

A mystic that simply increases stats... THAT'S IT??? This is how you want the addon to ship? +2 dex, +0,5% crit. Isn't that just the most basic and boring way to implement the mystic there is?

5 runes per ability doesn't work. How do we fix this? We add a 6th rune... so fucking brilliant! Add a 6th rune, why didnt we come up with this a little earlier. Clearly the reason why 5 runes per ability doesn't work was because we lacked the final 6th one. -> Game is fixed!

Oh and I found an even more stupid way to implement the mystic, How about all she does is add sockets. You know, because why the hell not? just let her add sockets to everything, even to sockets. That'll make me comeback, socketing the shit out of everything there is...

NONE of these changes will make the game a longterm success or add much(any) depth to it.
    Ty for your work and dedication to d3 community!

The idea about collecting items and rewarding players is just beautiful! Awesome screenshot with all the legendary swords!

It makes me think about the pity that is how much art work invested on items is not appreciated by the players just because 99% of the items are useless.

All the rare item lvls 60, 61, 62, 63 and even the ones before are beautifull sets that no1 uses. Customizing gear appearance would be very welcome by everyone!

I sincerelly hope blizzard game designers take a look at this post!
    ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ YAVYRED ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes