DiaBro3 - find your Optimized MP Level, and a quick gear analysis

I guess I've said this a couple dozen times already in this thread alone (maybe add a huge red disclaimer on the first post so people finally get it).

The website works as a great tool to give people AN IDEA of which MP they could be farming the easiest, either against tough mobs and farming trash. As such, it will have some baseline stats for the "average Joe" skill level. Anything less than 600k eHP and you will be ONE SHOT in MP 10 by a LOT of stuff (including unavoidable Vortexes, Fears, Knockbacks, Plagued pools, etc.). That is a SHITTY experience for newer players, either solo or in pubs, so the website will NOT recommend higher MPs for those.

If you're a player farming Monster Power 10, at Paragon 100, with 2k+ hours played, the website is NOT meant for you. It is meant for the people who do not have as much experience in the game, and don't wanna go around calculating their eDPS and eHP. You KNOW what you're doing, they probably don't.

-_-
    Player A's ring is poorly rated but has 9% IAS and he's looking for upgrades. The new ring has +5k DPS but 8% IAS and he's missing a breakpoint. His DPS went up by 5k but eDPS down by 5% (rating items is useless and wrong). Let's say 5k DPS is enough for 1 more MP Level.
    Is it okay to give new players wrong information just because it's easy to understand ? Great logic ...
    It doesn't work, you can't tell people what MP to play or even rate items just with a profile DPS and some other numbers.
    Quote from MrHums

Player A's ring is poorly rated but has 9% IAS and he's looking for upgrades. The new ring has +5k DPS but 8% IAS and he's missing a breakpoint. His DPS went up by 5k but eDPS down by 5% (rating items is useless and wrong). Let's say 5k DPS is enough for 1 more MP Level.
    Is it okay to give new players wrong information just because it's easy to understand ? Great logic ...
    It doesn't work, you can't tell people what MP to play or even rate items just with a profile DPS and some other numbers.

1) Read Zero's post above your post
    2) Realize you missed the point
    Buffed my Main-Barb with Crit-Mempo, better EF and a more offensive ring, still only MP6. :barb:
    If i put on my skorn the item score and damage drop considerably, but i get promoted to MP7 !? :ph34r:
    Maybe you're missing EHP?

I agree that it would be nice to see some more transparency and reasoning behind the MP guesstimate, in particular what you need to improve to progress.

That being said, MP6 vs MP7 is not a big deal. But it puts my wizard on MP10, while MP7 is as high as I can go and MP10 is absolutely impossible, no idea what's happening there ;-) At the same time, my monk and barb are rated ~MP5 while I play at least MP7 with them. But again, this service gives a very rough ballpark figure... if you spent hours on theorycrafting you won't get anything out of it, but for beginners it's good to see which items have some flaws.

Another thing that threw me off: if you have one DPS-heavy and one EHP-heavy ring (cheaper than having two DPS/EHP mixed rings) it downrates both of them because they're missing DPS or EHP, respectively. But I have no idea how developers could fix this. Again, people who don't know much about gearing probably won't do this anyways ;-)
    Nope, my EHP is around 650k-850k, depending on the calculator asked. ^_^
    Well diabro3 rates my monk to do mp7 and I clear mp10 with it easily, 224k/399k. My barb does MP10 easily with 296/472k and gets rated on 9. When I play MP9 I get a lot less drops than on mp10 though, and killing elites in 10-20 seconds should not mean I'm playing on a too high MP.

It's still just a calculator after all.
    Just curious why my Skorn is only 590 according to this site. Stats:

1294 dps
    303 str
    164 vit
    chd 167%
    Socket w/emerald

What might I need to improve here?
    The DPS and CHD are both low-to-mid range for Skorn. Also, cheap emerald.
    Thanks for the input. I'm working on upping the emerald although I switched out gems awhile back and I don't think that affects the item's score.
    Quote from Valaran

There is also no life steal, which is nice to have. I run a 6% lifesteal skorn so I can sub out Bloodthirst with Brawler.
    Quote from Thornagol

Quote from Valaran

There is also no life steal, which is nice to have. I run a 6% lifesteal skorn so I can sub out Bloodthirst with Brawler.

Ya, it's either lifesteal or vitality, and I needed more vitality when I bought it. LS skorns are super expensive though, from what I've seen.
    Any updates for patch 2.01 "vanilla" planned ?

Any1 ?
    Last edited by huertgenwald: 2/28/2014 6:00:15 PM
    Has anyone been able to make contact with the author, because sadly this tool has become useless ?
    It's dead sadly, he may be waiting for RoS release before doing an update however as stuff could still be in flux for up to a month after official release.

That or he has gotten sick of D3, who could blame him though, it did get pretty boring pre 2.0.
    With the latest changes from Blizzard to their web interface, the tool actually works again:

http://www.diabro3.com/?armoryURL=huertgenwald#2672&serverBox=eu

... Well, more or less... :o
    Hey guys, sorry for not posting in here for so long, we've been working on updates for the expansion and had no real way to interact with the code until about a week after release because blizzard did not update their api until then.

Anyway, we are back and have just released, really, really sorry for not checking in here. I hope everyone likes the changes.
    Good. Was wondering when you'd get it back up and going. Always appreciated it in D3V.

Will check it out and give some feedback.
    Quote from Fiiresphere
    Hey guys, sorry for not posting in here for so long, we've been working on updates for the expansion and had no real way to interact with the code until about a week after release because blizzard did not update their api until then.

Anyway, we are back and have just released, really, really sorry for not checking in here. I hope everyone likes the changes.

Thank you
    Quote from Fiiresphere

Massive cheers to you, great to see that this most excellent tool is up and running again !!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes