Anyone else noticed that the vampiric affix is useless?

So I was checking the HP of some elite mobs that were attacking me with the vampiric affix, I stopped attacking them to see how fast their HP was regenerating, just out of curiosity. To my surprise, it was no increase in their HP, at all.

It's broken or at higher MP levels that affix actually does something?. I'm playing in MP1.
    I remember reading something about that affix being "fixed" in the previous patch, not really sure right now.

Been a while since I played, but I do remember them recovering health, specially with affixes like Fast and Avenger (and big/fast hitters).

But it is indeed a very weak affix. I don't mind at all finding mobs with Vampiric. Things like Vortex + Arcane/Frozen definitely scare the shit out of me, but stuff like Vampiric or Avenger are really "meh".
    Vampiric used to be stronger when mobs on inferno did a LOT more damage. Combined with the old Shielding and on durable, hard-hitting mobs like Golgors or those A3 shield beasts, it was a huge pain in the ass.
    But I agree, in its current state, its pretty much negligible.

but stuff like Vampiric or Avenger are really "meh".

Don't underestimate Avenger, they hit HARD, once you killed one or 2. Also, this affects their spells like plague goo or arcane lasers, especially avenger-amplified plague killed me a couple of times already, just because my recovery suddenly couldn't keep up anymore.
    Quote from Küken

Don't underestimate Avenger, they hit HARD, once you killed one or 2.

The last one is almost dead by then usually. So still better than the annoying Arcane Sentries, Wallers and all that stuff.
    Of course at mp1 it isn't that noticeable, they have low dmg... Though in every mp, when you sit in poison/fire, it heals noticeably. Depends on your dmg red also.
    Actually, Reflect+Vampiric is quite deadly, almost as annoying as Reflect+Extra Health. Essentially, all the damage that is reflected at you, the elites heal from that. They end up taking longer to kill from the heals, though they still fall significantly faster than Extra Health.

Want to talk about useless and boring? Extra Health is. If all their other affixes barely tickle you, it makes you wanna say, "Come on, just drop dead and stop wasting my time."

Or... dodging Frozen spawns... "I can dance around with you for a bit, but your Extra Health is making this experience quite dull."
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Vampiric only becomes slightly noticeable when dealing with AoE from elites like poison pools and arcane lights and more so as Jaetch said with Reflect Damage.
    sto lavorando
    Quote from Zero(pS)

I remember reading something about that affix being "fixed" in the previous patch, not really sure right now.

Been a while since I played, but I do remember them recovering health, specially with affixes like Fast and Avenger (and big/fast hitters).

But it is indeed a very weak affix. I don't mind at all finding mobs with Vampiric. Things like Vortex + Arcane/Frozen definitely scare the shit out of me, but stuff like Vampiric or Avenger are really "meh".

Try the last of an avenger, fast, horde, plagued pack :)

^ Wotb + br up: live conditions.
    Quote from Kamisei2400

Try the last of an avenger, fast, horde, plagued pack :)

Avenger is champion pack only, while horde only works on elite packs, so this combination is impossible. Would be awesome, though :P
    Essentially the vampiric affix is a weaker version of extra health. They steal too little life for us to bother evading their dmg. We only evade damage when it's poison/fire/arcane stuff on the ground, not their regular attacks.

It would be more fun to me if the vampiric affix would not be active all the time but only every 15 sec for 5 sec for example. They should get tremendous amounts of lifesteal so we actually have to move out of the way in order to not let them regain 10 mil hp. During this time maybe even the dmg they do can be increased.

Rampaging through lots of monsters and elites is fun ofcourse, but sometimes I wish to get a little more interesting elite packs to fight. Just like those jailer/arcane/frozen guys are jolly good fun.
    It seems to work pretty well in the lower difficulties i was facing an elite pack today on nightmare and when they hit me there health bar made a noticeable jump up.
    I'm talking about Inferno MP1, if anyone could check this just for fun, let me know.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes