Itemization patch won't happen until November (confirmed)

I guess Blizzcon will be all about this path and not the expansion... In terms of D3 that is.

On topic: I expected nothing else, to be honest. Can't really say I'm disappointed; I would just have been very surprised if they did the itemization overhaul in the next patch.

Quote from zimira

For me, the major thing that i hope when i/if i invest in the expansion, is to hope that BLIZZARD ACTUALLY FIX RUBBERBANDING! Been in since 1.03 patch and still getting it, even after a hot fix that made the problem worse.

I rarely get rubberbanding on characters without really high movement speeds, so perhaps the solution is to remove run speed skills like sprint. I bet that would be "popular" ;-)

Even on my super fast Tempest Rush monk or my WW barb I never experienced rubberbanding. I'm playing over wifi, btw. I have heard of rubberbanding for about a year now but never met anyone who actually had any rubberbanding issues since 1.03.
    Guys, rubberbanding is probably an Issue with your HDD. Defrag it and remove uneeded stuff.
    Quote from Bagstone

On topic: I expected nothing else, to be honest. Can't really say I'm disappointed; I would just have been very surprised if they did the itemization overhaul in the next patch.

Quote from zimira

For me, the major thing that i hope when i/if i invest in the expansion, is to hope that BLIZZARD ACTUALLY FIX RUBBERBANDING! Been in since 1.03 patch and still getting it, even after a hot fix that made the problem worse.

I rarely get rubberbanding on characters without really high movement speeds, so perhaps the solution is to remove run speed skills like sprint. I bet that would be "popular" ;-)

Even on my super fast Tempest Rush monk or my WW barb I never experienced rubberbanding. I'm playing over wifi, btw. I have heard of rubberbanding for about a year now but never met anyone who actually had any rubberbanding issues since 1.03.

On topic: I had HOPED they would have implemented the changes soon but guess I hoped in vain.

Off topic: Bagstone ... now you have met someone who has had & continues to have rubber banding issues with EVERY game ... using my Barb/WW/Sprint. It seems to have gotten worse since 1.0.8 :S Of course Blizz just says it's the customers hardware/net connection problem. Gave up a long time ago expecting them to actually fix the problem ... since they are in denial that the problem actually exists.
    Quote from Bagstone

well hi. i am one of them peeps who are getting rubberbanding now and then, mostly doing peak hours. when i start rubber banding i usually take a break and watch some twitch, where i notice other people are also rubberbanding.

So the issue is real and not localised as far as i know
    Never had much of a problem with rubberbanding in the past, happens occasionally, and most of the time when me or the girlfriend are downloading in the background.

I'm running a brand new computer, fresh install on a Sata3 SSD. Over the last few days I've noticed a definite rise in rubberbanding, it's happening more often no matter which character I play. Noticeably worse with my max move speed WW barb than my slower +9% speed undergeared non-tempest monk. No problems on my end, that's for sure, and only noticed the increase recently.

On topic; Been thinking since my earlier post about the long delay before the update, and while I understand the desire to take their time and roll it out in one hit, I think it's a shame that they won't offer a small quick improvement. If the item update isn't until after November, then I hope they at least give us something extra before then, even if it's just teaser details about the changes they plan on making.
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker
    Quote from Laevus

On topic; Been thinking since my earlier post about the long delay before the update, and while I understand the desire to take their time and roll it out in one hit, I think it's a shame that they won't offer a small quick improvement. If the item update isn't until after November, then I hope they at least give us something extra before then, even if it's just teaser details about the changes they plan on making.

O you can bet as much as you want on that they are the Kings of carrots on sticks

What there needs to be is some updates to fill the time at least, fair enough if not item related maybe a few skill changes and buffs? If they spend all this time then go and scrap it at last minute again then....

The expansion looks a very long way away right now.
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from zimira

I started playing a WW Barb in the US servers and experienced quite a bit of rubberbanding. Even died a few times because of it. Ping of ~200ms, FYI.

Quote from RaidenFreeman

Guys, rubberbanding is probably an Issue with your HDD. Defrag it and remove uneeded stuff.

You're funny.
    Okay guys, I stand corrected. I seriously thought rubberbanding is the Bigfoot of D3 - everyone's talking about it, but no one has seen it. I believe you now, but I don't think it's related to this topic (developers who work on itemization and developers who look into fixing rubberbanding are not interchangeable).

Let's bring this back to topic. What was it again? Oh yeah, our grief about itemization not making it to live in 2013. :QQ:
    My problem is that the console versions apparently have a working (as in viable) itemization model. That had to be in the works for some time already for them to have set a firm release date in early September, well before BlizzCon. So why exactly can't the PC dev team start the ball rolling with the base system that the consoles have? It makes literally no sense at all to force the PC users to wait unless it's purely for profit from the console sales based on hyped up hope.

Sure the AH system is part of the mix, but in all seriousness, if itemization were changed to a more viable model, something the console versions apparently have mostly ready, if not already in the final stages of completion, then the AH wouldn't really be an issue for most players since "self found" would be something attainable for the most part without spending your entire life at the keyboard.

It seriously boggles the mind why if there is a known working iteration of itemization (which includes what appears to be legendaries that can drop in multiple difficulties giving players scaled versions and far more variety than they have today) that it can't be applied in any way to the PC version. They use the same skills. The same runes. The exact same stat allocation and modifier mechanics. So why do we have to wait until likely next year for this?

It seems that despite the changes to leadership that the PC dev team simply has no direction whatsoever that they're going in. It's either that or like the tin foil hat theorists are saying they're waiting on profits from the console versions first to milk the cow dry. I really hope it isn't the latter, but there's just no plausible explanation as to why the former is happening either.

I think a single word sums it all up best: AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH!
    Let's leave the rubberbanding discussion for another thread, please.
    Quote from Squishy_Tia

My problem is that the console versions apparently have a working (as in viable) itemization model.

The problem here is that the console demographics are probably not the same as the PC demographics. The selling point of the console version will be local coop. Sitting in your living room with a couple of friends and slashing monsters. WIth that in mind the target demographic probably won't be people playing the game for a year and still trying to perfect their characters.

It's people sitting together for a couple of hours and slaying monster, finding better loot etc. Not necessarily people playing the game 3-5 hours/day in the most efficient way possible to max out their chars. There might be a reason that there aren't much MMOs on consoles. You can play them for more than a year, but the grind does not seem to match console play.

Taking the console approach to the PC would probably mean that the most hardcore players would have maxed out their characters after a month and start complaining that they can't upgrade their characters anymore (something the top players are complaining currently in D3; credits card heroes were even complaining much earlier).
    Completely bummed by the news. Then I realized if they are seriously taking another 5+ months, and not knowing how long they've already spent on the update, they are doing it right. Counting launch and 1.04, this will be their 3rd iteration on items. They DON'T want to have to re do them again.
    So it sucks we'll have to wait this long, but I have full confidence it'll be the best update D3 had seen yet.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from Bleu42

Then I realized if they are seriously taking another 5+ months, and not knowing how long they've already spent on the update, they are doing it right. Counting launch and 1.04, this will be their 3rd iteration on items. They DON'T want to have to re do them again.

That is totally, 100%, how I feel.

Am I disappointed it won't happen sooner? Fuck yeah!

Am I willing to grin and bear it so that the third time is the charm? Absolutely. Because if they have to do it a fourth time that would be disastrous news.

Do I hope we get some other small patch in the meantime, perhaps some more ability, rune, passive tweaking? Yeah, would go a long way to tiding most people over.
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Can't say I'm happy about this. However I still firmly stand by my theory of expansion 1 being announced at Blizzcon. I also still firmly believe the console version has nothing to do with this. Most likely because I'm out of tin foil.
    I'm disappointed that I'm not disappointed.

What's the worst that can happen:

they waste several months to release an "itemization fix" patch but they do all the work behind closed doors. They release it, it sucks, and we have to wait for another year to have something semi-decent that comes mostly of players justified rage posts in their forums.

Btw, knowing how Blizzard works, "certainly not before Blizzcon" in my mind translates to June+ 2014.
    Quote from Zero(pS)

Really, really "disappoint" :(

Me too. Don't really understand blizzard at all.

Tweaking numbers/stats on items is not a 5-9 month job. Im sure basic programmers could do this in a weekend.

Everything in D3 just take so long. Not really sure why.
    Quote from VTurth

Quote from Zero(pS)

Tweaking numbers/stats on items is not a 5-9 month job. Im sure basic programmers could do this in a weekend.

If they just adjust numbers, there I will be "disappoint" :)
    Quote from VTurth

Tweaking numbers/stats on items is not a 5-9 month job.

Of course it's not, but "tweaking numbers/stats" isn't going to give us a very good itemization "fix" either. That's probably why Blizzard didn't just lock five guys in a room and slop whatever number tweaking they did onto the PTR on Monday morning.
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from Vulmio

Quote from VTurth

Quote from Zero(pS)

If they just adjust numbers, there I will be "disappoint" :)

Well, im not sure what else there is they could do but adjust numbers.

Since theres no skill trees and +skill items the game basically forces most characters to stack the same basic stats. Which functions the same for all skills on all characters.

They say they want all items to be useful. So it basically means making them possible to roll the same ilvl60+ stats as everything else.

They could hard cap crit and bring in a new stat with a +50/200 damage increase to a specific skill. That would be a major step in improving itemization. That would be as close to +skills as we could get.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes