Diablo III Exp to hit the shelves in 2014 !

I didnt say it wasnt a great game, again with the trolling ,this forum is incredible.

Sure its a succes in the sense it got record sales and all that but if you think popularity = quality you are out of your mind.I'm guessing you think Bieber's NEver say Never documentary is better than Inception cause it won some shit on MTV instead of inception.

I like Diablo, I have a good geared char para 100 and I dabble in Hardcore here and there.I'm just saying the record sales didnt mean shit when the game was shipped as an abomination.

But I guess u can count on the internet to find Bieibersheeps, even on DIablo 3 forums.
    We don't need an expansion, at all. We need a proper D3.
    Quote from Bagstone

Amen. I don't get that the objectively* best video game of all times, Fallout 2, only sold 1% of copies compared to The Sims.

*I'm just kidding, of course.

Yay, I love F2. Still playing it and hopefully within the next weeks/months the final version of the Restoration mod will be released.
    Bandyto#2350
    EU
    Quote from ruksak

It will be the best selling x-pac of all time. I wonder what the chatter will be like after the sales figures come out? All these people for a year have called D3 "dead" and a total failure. I wonder how they will explain the record sales?

I know that 2014 is a vague figure and (bummer alert) it may well get pushed back off that mark. However, so long as it releases in the first 3/4 of 2014, I don't consider that too long of a wait.

The coming 1.09 content patch has to be huge. It has to be sweeping and above any expectations. This patch (along with any others between now and x-pac) will make the wait for the xpac worth it IMO. I've said it all along, history will regard this game very highly.

10 millions bought d3, more then 9/10 left to never return. I wouldn't call that a success.
    Diablo is an action adventure game before an rpg.
    Quote from Jack00

10 millions bought d3, more then 9/10 left to never return. I wouldn't call that a success.

Of course you have facts to support that, I assume?
    Quote from Diavolo222

if you think popularity = quality you are out of your mind.

Popularity is a direct measure of people voting with their actions (as opposed to people just blowing hot air around).

If Nike makes shitty shoes but somehow manages to out-sell Reebok well, as much as you don't like it, they're somehow successful. Logic would dictate that low-quality products wouldn't generally become popular anyway. If Blizzard released D3 and it couldn't install and it randomly crashed and they didn't quickly fix it... it most likely wouldn't be a popular game.

If you think that popularity isn't indicative of what people think of something then you're kidding yourself. That argument is the last bastion of trendy hipsters who refuse to do anything "mainstream" ever. The people who would stop eating a lollipop if they found out that more than 7 other people liked that brand of lollipop.

Nothing irks me more than the mindset that the more "underground" something is the better it is. It's simply not true. It's just anti-mainstream rabble-rousing stupidity.

Don't use Google, it's too mainstream. Use Blekko because nobody has heard of it, therefore it's superior.

I don't even like the Biebs, but I'm not going to shit all over him because other people enjoy his music. I'm content to let that ship sail without going to some internet forums and saying that Bieber isn't talented, or is some kind of hack, or whatever. He's got a product that millions of people like. I don't like it but who cares? Good for him for doing well in this day and age.
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from shaggy

Quote from Diavolo222

Popularity is a direct measure of people voting with their actions (as opposed to people just blowing hot air around).

If Nike makes shitty shoes but somehow manages to out-sell Reebok well, as much as you don't like it, they're somehow successful. Logic would dictate that low-quality products wouldn't generally become popular anyway. If Blizzard released D3 and it couldn't install and it randomly crashed and they didn't quickly fix it... it most likely wouldn't be a popular game.

If you think that popularity isn't indicative of what people think of something then you're kidding yourself. That argument is the last bastion of trendy hipsters who refuse to do anything "mainstream" ever. The people who would stop eating a lollipop if they found out that more than 7 other people liked that brand of lollipop.

Nothing irks me more than the mindset that the more "underground" something is the better it is. It's simply not true. It's just anti-mainstream rabble-rousing stupidity.

Don't use Google, it's too mainstream. Use Blekko because nobody has heard of it, therefore it's superior.

I don't even like the Biebs, but I'm not going to shit all over him because other people do. I'm content to let that ship sail without going to some internet forums and saying that Bieber isn't talented, or is some kind of hack, or whatever. He's got a product that millions of people like. I don't like it but who cares? Good for him for doing well in this day and age.

Shaggy you have some concepts wrong.

Popularity is not a measure of what people think, it's a measure of what some people think based on what other minority sub-group of people say they think. It's the herd thinking at it's finest. It doesn't indicate or determine if the product is any good or bad.

And when you say: "If Blizzard released D3 and it couldn't install and it randomly crashed and they didn't quickly fix it... it most likely wouldn't be a popular game", you are letting out of the equation a lot of important factors, like in this case (and the main problem a lot of 50+ hours D3 gamers have) a total and complete lack of rewarding end-game.
    Quote from shaggy

Quote from Diavolo222

I don't even like the Biebs, but I'm not going to shit all over him because other people enjoy his music. I'm content to let that ship sail without going to some internet forums and saying that Bieber isn't talented, or is some kind of hack, or whatever. He's got a product that millions of people like. I don't like it but who cares? Good for him for doing well in this day and age.

Yes, and every decision every person makes is logical and well thought out, and everyone thinks with their own head, and everyone makes their own mind about something, and nobody follows trends because they're trends.
    Also, there is no world hunger, there is world peace, and no human will ever suffer again because of actions of another human.

Like it says on an avatar of a DFans user (I forget his/her name): Geisha please.
    This article just screams "linkbait" to me. The whole purpose of this article was to get people linking to it. I side with Blizzard on this....how can it be "delayed" if it hasn't even been announced. Blizzard still has a lot of work to do on D3 before pushing the expansion out.

With that said, I would like to see patch 1.0.9 sometime in 2013. :P
    The article is complete shit. From the article:

Updated: A Blizzard spokesman said to GamesBeat, "We haven't officially announced an expansion to D3, so there's no release date."] Blizzard takes issue with the word “delay” in our story, as they say they never announced a date and by virtue of that fact, they can’t miss the date. But we stand by our description, as we believe the expansion has been pushed back.

Blizzard never announced a date. Using logic would mean that they couldn't delay something that wasn't set in the first place. So stupid.
    "All generalizations are false, including this one." -Mark Twain
    Quote from Jack00

Quote from ruksak

It will be the best selling x-pac of all time. I wonder what the chatter will be like after the sales figures come out? All these people for a year have called D3 "dead" and a total failure. I wonder how they will explain the record sales?

I know that 2014 is a vague figure and (bummer alert) it may well get pushed back off that mark. However, so long as it releases in the first 3/4 of 2014, I don't consider that too long of a wait.

The coming 1.09 content patch has to be huge. It has to be sweeping and above any expectations. This patch (along with any others between now and x-pac) will make the wait for the xpac worth it IMO. I've said it all along, history will regard this game very highly.

Your numbers are pulled from thine ass.
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from Jack00

... for a non-subscription game, I'd expect 90% of purchasers to have stopped playing after a year. Unless you're asserting that Blizzard set out to make a game that would keep most of its players going for hundreds of hours, there's no way to conclude that 10% participation after a year is any kind of failure. The fact that D3 can keep some of us occupied for so long is probably a combination of Blizzard's design and what would have manifested as mild mental illness prior to the silicon age :)
    Quote from ruksak

:lol:

EDIT: Thy numbers :P
    I dont have anything to prove, look it up for yourself if you don't believe me, i think there was an article on gamespot about active d3 players, and it's been stated numerous times how much d3 sold.
    But here:
    http://news.softpedi...12-327841.shtml
    http://www.slashgear...a-day-01275994/

So i was wrong, 1/12 left, sorry to pop your bubble fanboys.
    Diablo is an action adventure game before an rpg.
    Quote from Jack00

I dont have anything to prove, look it up for yourself if you don't believe me, i think there was an article on gamespot about active d3 players, and it's been stated numerous times how much d3 sold.
    But here:
    http://news.softpedi...12-327841.shtml
    http://www.slashgear...a-day-01275994/

So i was wrong, 1/12 left, sorry to pop your bubble fanboys.

Yep. 3 million unique players log into D3 every month, out of the 12 million that have bought that game. That's 1/12... ish... kinda. You win. I'm not sure what you win... maybe a bronze medal for not reading the article? A pat on the head for being so brave on a D3 fan forum? Anyway, carry on fighting the good fight!
    Quote from maka

Quote from ruksak

I'm not exactly a medieval linguist.

Go be a dark ages nerd somewhere else god dammit!!! :ninja:

I really wish there was a self-found SC mode or something similar so I can play with my guy Maka. I just don't have the self-control to not use the AH....I'm so weak of will.
    BurningRope#1322
    75% of the population is bored after nearly a year of grinding two weeks' worth of content... what a surprise. Clearly never happened with the earlier Diablo games.

There's a reason the series has never gotten MMO level support.
    All they have to do is offer a vanity pet for Wow players to get the sales figures up.
    "For the price of one bullet you can eat 4 hotcakes." - Vash the Stampede.
    Quote from Catalept

Quote from Jack00

... for a non-subscription game, I'd expect 90% of purchasers to have stopped playing after a year. Unless you're asserting that Blizzard set out to make a game that would keep most of its players going for hundreds of hours, there's no way to conclude that 10% participation after a year is any kind of failure. The fact that D3 can keep some of us occupied for so long is probably a combination of Blizzard's design and what would have manifested as mild mental illness prior to the silicon age :)

This!

Usually I am satisfied if I get 40 hours out of a non sub game. And I have spent like 800 hours on D3. I guess millions have played at least 40 hours or close to at least.
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from maka

Quote from ruksak

I'm not exactly a medieval linguist.

Go be a dark ages nerd somewhere else god dammit!!! :ninja:

I really wish there was a self-found SC mode or something similar so I can play with my guy Maka. I just don't have the self-control to not use the AH....I'm so weak of will.

Hey, I can now farm MP2 with my US Barb! Hurray!
    I've been playing him a lot, lately, as one of my friends that used to live in Brazil (moved back to Portugal, now) is now quite active in the game, but didn't want to switch to the EU server.
    Slowly but surely.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes