FoM: DH, 2Billion Damage Numbers. Screenshots and Video. Party Combo Build

Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Wolf and Raven

Quote from seraphim4

kinda cool setup.
    allowing undergeared players to do mp10 like that is kinda neat.

Technically speaking only the monk and wiz can afford to be undergeared.

The DH as the sole DPSer needs to have at least 350k damage for runs to be fast.

Thank you, I was just about to post something similar. Also, while it's technically possible to do this with a 10m budget CMWW build, I wouldn't recommend it - I died quite a lot on nasty elite pack combos, so I switched to my "crazy EHP gear". The monk is the only one who can be really undergeared (just stack EHP and spirit regen and neglect DPS).

But this is a lot of fun. I think we never farmed so many keys so fast. Awesome idea!

Yeah. But skipping DPS and just building breakpoints/CC and EHP on a WW/CM build isn't that expensive either. :P
    Well i didn´t really mean it as in 10m budget gear.

just ment as in, those guys gear level isn´t really mp10 and yet they seem to be doing fairly well, even if the killing is on the slow side of things.
    Quote from seraphim4

Well i didn´t really mean it as in 10m budget gear.

just ment as in, those guys gear level isn´t really mp10 and yet they seem to be doing fairly well, even if the killing is on the slow side of things.

You'd be surprised. The timing's we're pulling off for MP10 is phenomenal even compared to geared characters. (unless you're talking about top 300-500 Dprog rating teams.)
    so, let me get this straight:

#1: if my palmtarget is a demon and
    #2: if i deliver the killingblow to it
    then i will see a really big number that deals absolutly no damage at all to every mob around it - exept it has marked4death:grimreaper on it, then the whole clusterfuq of monsters will take 12% of this insanely high number?

my questions are:
    1 - the only usage for sever is his procc combined with m4d:gr - without it, every other (good) weapon would still be better?
    2 - how well scales the procc, the palm and the reaper with %dps enhancers like zuni boots, tal rasha amu, inna's belt? exactly like the demon-boosts of tyraels might and the sever itself, or not that well?
    3 - will the insane amoungh of sever-procc-dmg also trigger, if i tagged the mob but my mates deliver the killingblow?

all in all, it sounds really good. i will try it as soon as my time allows it.
    Quote from RevicR

so, let me get this straight:

#1: if my palmtarget is a demon and
    #2: if i deliver the killingblow to it
    then i will see a really big number that deals absolutly no damage at all to every mob around it - exept it has marked4death:grimreaper on it, then the whole clusterfuq of monsters will take 12% of this insanely high number?

my questions are:
    1 - the only usage for sever is his procc combined with m4d:gr - without it, every other (good) weapon would still be better?
    2 - how well scales the procc, the palm and the reaper with %dps enhancers like zuni boots, tal rasha amu, inna's belt? exactly like the demon-boosts of tyraels might and the sever itself, or not that well?
    3 - will the insane amoungh of sever-procc-dmg also trigger, if i tagged the mob but my mates deliver the killingblow?

all in all, it sounds really good. i will try it as soon as my time allows it.

Basically what happens is this. I cast EP on a mob A. When mob A dies it does damage to mob B based on its HP aye?

However if that damage kills mob B instead of merely damaging it, I multiply that kill damage to values as high as 2-3b on mob B.

M4D works this way, whatever damage that mob takes is dealt as an AOE in 20 yards. So therefore if the DH marks mob B, the effect will proc and you'll see a 20 yard wipe (very noticeable in large packs of trash)

Yes, % damage enhancers should add to EP damage as the damage dealt is physical. However, take note that you're still a driver monk. You need some degree of survivability and spirit regen to locate elites quickly.

I have considered Zunis/ Innas/ Tals. But the amount of EHP and spirit gen stats I'd have to drop will make this less optimal to run.

However if that damage kills mob B instead of merely damaging it, I multiply that kill damage to values as high as 2-3b on mob B.

Now i get it. if i kill something with palm, the sever proccs. that's the part i havn't grasp 'till now. thanks man!
    Quote from RevicR

Now i get it. if i kill something with palm, the sever proccs. that's the part i havn't grasp 'till now. thanks man!

No problemo :3
    Finished my finals: Have enough time to complete guide.

So... here you go.

Ask questions if you guys have any doubts. I'll check this thread on a regular basis.
    Wow this run looks amazing. Guess I should make some in game friends.

If anyone needs a higher DPS Demon hunter to run this with my dps 435,981.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/MustacheGuy-1904/hero/5610269

I've never done this run but I would love to learn it.

I'm just never on this forum, feel free to send me an in game message.
    This sounds incredible, gotta try it!

Do you know the range for exploding palm blast? Tooltip just says 'nearby enemies'

Basically what happens is this. I cast EP on a mob A. When mob A dies it does damage to mob B based on its HP aye?

M4D works this way, whatever damage that mob takes is dealt as an AOE in 20 yards. So therefore if the DH marks mob B, the effect will proc and you'll see a 20 yard wipe (very noticeable in large packs of trash)

I'm just going to add this because I was as confused as F and had to look it all up.

Sever's ability "Enemies rest in pieces" means that when the game sees that you are doing enough damage to kill an enemy, it replaces your last attack with a massive crit. The way this works with the party is that it doesn't matter who kills the first enemy, because the second enemy will be killed by the monk's EP. Since the monk is the source of the damage and the second enemy is going to die, Sever replaces the EP damage with a massive crit. If that enemy has Marked for Death: Grim Reaper on it, not only is the damage increased by 12% but it hits all of the mobs around it as well.
    Quote from DarkSzero

This sounds incredible, gotta try it!

Do you know the range for exploding palm blast? Tooltip just says 'nearby enemies'

I read somewhere that it's melee range. Now, melee range is a pretty relative term as well. It kind of feels like 8-10 yards, I'd say.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes