Never used RMAH, Toon Parade

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/veneno-1339/hero/3845662

I have never bought anything from the RMAH, items or gold. I want to see how good of a toon you can get without using real money.

Let the parade begin, show me your toons!
    Whats your point? you can flip items on the gold ah and make tons of gold.

i wanna see people who dont use the ah period, their characters probly suck ass (98% of them).

its sad that the only way to get good at this game is by useing the ah, wtf was blizz thinking!

$$$
    Only the dead have seen the end of war.

i wanna see people who dont use the ah period, their characters probly suck ass (98% of them).

its sad that the only way to get good at this game is by useing the ah, wtf was blizz thinking!

$$$

Ok, no gold flipping either. ;)
    I've used the RMAH plenty, but only for selling, never buying. My chars value is a very small fraction of what i've made on gold AH. I got more gold atm, than all of my characters (5x lvl60) items combined cost me. I'm pretty happy with my barb.

This doesn't mean anything, because of what the guy above me said. A large amount of players did the same as me, but better/more successfully.

profile in signature if you want to have a look...

edit: ok well after post #3 i probably dont qualify anymore, although i did find a single item that i sold for more gold than my barb costed. (63 gloves sold for 1.2b)
    I thought this would be interesting, then realised I'd misread it in my rush to see what gear you had. I thought it was a self-found never used the AH at all and was about to call bullshit (or insanely lucky) before I saw my mistake.

Sorry, no RMAH isn't much of an achievement to shout about IMO. The problem with that and self-found bragging topics is there's no 100% proof available for when you do get the lucky drop. I can hear the overused slogan "stream/vid/pics or it didn't happen" calling from the distance.

If/when Blizzard implements a real self-found only option for the game, then I'll start to get interested about seeing people's gear. Until then, meh.
    "It takes a man with real heart...to make beauty out of the stuff that makes us weep." - Clive Barker

If/when Blizzard implements a real self-found only option for the game, then I'll start to get interested about seeing people's gear.

I'd like to see that too actually :)
    You guys are such downers, but I see where you are coming from. Still I'm very proud of my barb considering the above mentioned.
    mhh never used the rmah, but the ah. i maybe made like 30m flippin since release^^ dunno maybe iam too stupid but actually i dont want to make gold flipping items, since i didn bought "D3 - The Finace Simulator".
    had 2 big drops (300m/600m) but mostly is gathered the hard way by selling little stuff.
    (well its not hard but you get what i mean)
    http://eu.battle.net...15/hero/3537963
    NoSignToLife

always happy to help/inform
    ingame or here ;)
    Not impressed, you could've flipped items since day one and become rich that way.
    Make your peace...Quickly!

$$$

I don't use the AH. My characters suck ass. Feel free to check out their suckiness (link in sig).
    I don't use RMAH or flip stuff just because... My characters arent any great and i switch gear between them whenever i see an increase in my performance :) i do read a lot of these forums and try to pick some useful tips in gearing but mostly i just play whatever feels the best and like to test different builds at lower monster power levels.

BTW i just tried zero dog build and it really doesnt require that much gold at all, maybe 7m total or less, ofc for me to perform better it will take tons of more gold but the basic items i use are in my WD profile :) really cheap choise instead of getting thousandbillionhomunculus etc..but needless to say you really cant perform that well with my equipment without spending some money in RMAH because its impossible to find any good items for less than 100m-500m in the AH :(

and ofc heres my profile: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/apinahirvi-2192/hero/1700288
    i didn't put money in this game. I actually didn't buy the game for myself either. But my profile is here: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kamisei-2400/hero/7776309

^ Wotb + br up: live conditions.
    I'm the total opposite. I do everything players frown upon. I use the RMAH and flip incessantly player-to-player and also via gold AH. And when all that's not enough, I stalk people via DiabloProgress and bribe them for their gear.

And I am proud.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP

I'm the total opposite. I do everything players frown upon. I use the RMAH and flip incessantly player-to-player and also via gold AH. And when all that's not enough, I stalk people via DiabloProgress and bribe them for their gear.

And I am proud.

Shoo. Go away.
    Meh no fun. Im currently leveling a barbarian. and the only gear he can have is gear i craft myself. Soon 60 so looking forward to it
    Maka,

Your characters made me laugh, yea there pretty bad lol. This just drives the point in that the only way to succeed in this game is to use the RMAH or GMAH.

I try not to use the ah but its just to tempting. Im in the same boat as Jaetch just not as hardcore as he or she.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Knowah-1594/hero/1683079

It just blows my mind how blizz let this happen.
    Only the dead have seen the end of war.
    Heh. Slightly off-topic, but looks like you've got responses from all types of players already.

You can look at both extremes:
    Maka with no AH at all http://eu.battle.net...file/Maka-2582/
    Jeatch with the use of both AHs, flipping and whatnot http://us.battle.net...61/hero/4136297

then there's me with buying from GAH only, but flipping http://eu.battle.net...2422/hero/85010
    and NoSignToLife who claims he flipped for only 30m, which i would ignore and count as none http://eu.battle.net...ignToLife-2415/

All of us having over 75k elite kills at least, except Maka, which is understandable with his no-AH chars, but i assume he plays since release (?).

Quite the contrast, naturally.

Obviously, this is the smallest sample you can get, but i bet its not very far from what you get on average from all the different playstyles (AH-wise) with a similar amount of killing done.

And I am proud.

I mentioned you to a friend of mine and your ways to aquire gear, and it saddened me as he completely frowned upon any use of RMAH or similar. Personally I respect your chase. It's not just about spending a bunch of money to get awesome gear, it's about getting THE best gear possible, whatever means necessary, which is something completely different.

You have damn well earned the right to be proud.

I thought this would be interesting, then realised I'd misread it in my rush to see what gear you had. I thought it was a self-found never used the AH at all and was about to call bullshit (or insanely lucky) before I saw my mistake.

Sorry, no RMAH isn't much of an achievement to shout about IMO. The problem with that and self-found bragging topics is there's no 100% proof available for when you do get the lucky drop. I can hear the overused slogan "stream/vid/pics or it didn't happen" calling from the distance.

If/when Blizzard implements a real self-found only option for the game, then I'll start to get interested about seeing people's gear. Until then, meh.

this
    Playing Diablo since 97. I know nothing and having nothing good to say, I be a troll.

(...) except Maka, which is understandable with his no-AH chars, but i assume he plays since release (?).

Yes, pretty much since release, with a few hiatuses (is that a word?) in between - a month here, two weeks there.
    Well, we all play for fun, right?

Well, to me, self-found isn't about bragging at all, it's just how I think the game is the most fun. I feel like (and know that) buying something (or multiple things) from the AH would ruin my farming experience, by further lowering the odds of finding an upgrade.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes