[Suggestion]: Itemization / transmute

Battle.net US Forum Thread: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/9244765658
    Battle.net EU Forum Thread: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7616602774
    Battle.net PL Forum Thread: http://eu.battle.net/d3/pl/forum/topic/7618102768

Hi everyone,

before I start I want to apologize for my English. Many thanks to Edriel, who inspired me to write this thread. I want to show you some changes I think might be interesting and worth seeing.

FIRST SUGGESTION: Horadric Cube

Horadric Cube is an item obtained after reaching Paragon level 100. It can be used to store additional items and create new ones and it only takes up 1x1 slot.

You can use the Horadric Cube's magical powers to Transmute items into a new item. Place the items into the Cube and hit the Transmute Button. The Horadric Cube can be used to create Empowered Items, Potions, Gemwords, mixing Magic Items, and much more…
    How does it work ? Time to explain:

Empowered Items:

After reaching 100 Paragon level we became so powerful, that we can use Cube’s magic to increase strength of our items, but at some cost – items will be linked to our character forever or until destroying it in Cube. What exactly “Empower” mechanic does ? By transmuting an item with some materials we have a chance to increase/decrease it’s stats or even change to some new ones. There are five rules:

First: We can attempt to empower from 1 to 4 affixes. Affixes and their values may vary.
    Second: You can only empower magic and rare items.
    Third: Every item can be empowered only once, so consider how much affixes you want to change
    Fourth: Each material decreases chance to successful empowerment by some %
    Fifth: There’s a chance to overcharge if empowerment fails. If it does, our item is destroyed or its stats are lowered by some %

As you can see there’s a new item in inventory: Horadric Cube. Not so much space in it, but definitely worth using it.

Some items dropped randomly in every act from common monsters. Each item determines other stats and has a chance to swap with other one. If stat is present – it has a chance to increase/decrease its value.

Great ! We got increased stats and an empty socket ! Awesome !
    Empowerment mechanic is just an example how to use Cube, create new items and have more fun.

Mixing magic/rare items

We all know that all magic items and almost every rare item we get are not worth anything but selling to vendor or destroying to get mats from Blacksmith. How about mixing magic/rare items to get a chance of combined stats in 1 item ? There will be also limits, like 1 combining on item. Also combining will damage our items, so some stats may disappear or be lower than before. It also affect dps and armor of items.

1) Combining 2 magic items with 2 affix:
    - chance to get 2 affix from each item - 20%, but stats may varry:
    * Perf stats - 10%, 2/3 of stats - 30%, 1/3 of stats - 60% chance.

Example: 1h (150 str, as 9%) and 1h (150 vit, soc).
    20% chance to get 2 stats from frist 1h (150 str, as 9%) and 2 stats from second 1h (150 vit, soc). If we're lucky - we got a new 1h with 150 str, 150 vit, 9% as and soc, but it's only 10% chance. Probably we will get 50 str, 50 vit, 3% as and no soc.

2)Combining 3 magic items with 2 stats:
    - chance to get 2 affix from all 3 items - 10%
    - chance to get 2 affix from 2 items and 1 from third item - 30%
    -chance to get 2 affix from 2 items - 60%
    * Perf stats - 10%, 2/3 stats - 30%, 1/3 stats - 60%.

3) Combining 2 items: magic with 2 affix, rare with X affixs:
    - chance to transfer 2 affix from magic to rare item - 10%
    - chance to transfer 1 affix to rare item - 30%
    - chance to destroy magic item - 60%

Transmute Gems

What if we could use gems in Horadric Cube ? You can transmute each item only once, but it becomes account bound. Some example ? Here you go:
    • Combine 30 gems 13 grade gives X% chance of getting additional, elite affix on an item.
    • Combine 20 of each gem grade 14 gives X% chance to increase random item stat by X%.
    • Combine 50 gems grade 14 gives X% chance to insert additional socket in item.
    • Combine 100 gems grade 12 gives X% chance to change random affix to new one.
    Elite affixes:

Chance to:
    • - Increase str/dex/int by X or X%, stacks up to 3-5x, last 5-10 sec.
    • - Leech X hp.
    • - Poisson enemy. Poissoned monster losses X life every sec for X sec.
    • - Ignite all monsters within 3y causing them to burn for X fire damage every sec for X sec.
    • - Ice nova explosion, freezing enemies for 2-3 sec and dealing X cold damage.
    • - Cast chain lighting that deals X lighting damage to 3 nearby monsters. Each jump has a chance to stun enemy for 2 sec.
    • - Convince monster to fight on your side for X sec.
    • - Poisson explosion, slowing enemies attacks by 10-20% for X sec.
    • - Imprison monster in bones for 3 sec. Enslaved monster losses 0,5% - 1% life every sec for X sec, but not more than 200% player life
    • - Increase movement speed/attack speed/damage by X% for X sec.
    • - Increase damage by 1-5% for 3 sec. Stacks up to 3x.
    • - Crushing blow – monster losses 0.5 – 1 % max life.

SECOND SUGGESTION: New items

Elixirs:

Similar to great Diablo 2 mods (Median XL or Eastern Sun) let’s bring some elixirs in game ?
    • Cooldown vary – 2-5 min.
    • They are working similar to Black Gem (later about that) – totally randomized stats, both positive and negative.
    • You have to identify it to see its stats.
    • You can have only 1 elixir effect same time.
    • Can drop white (no stats, white), magic (2 stats – 1 positive, 1 negative), rare (2-3 positive, 0-2 negative) and legendary (4-6 positive, 0-3 negative).
    Affixes, duration time, cooldown and stats are totally randomized.

Runes/Runewords:
    • Runes are small stones inscribed with magical glyphs that can be used to create new items, but they have no stats.
    • Runes are dropped by all monsters on inferno.
    • 3 Runes of the Same Type = 1 Higher Level Rune. This only works for Runes 1-10 and not on any higher Runes. Runes 11-20 level needs additional materials to craft.
    • If the player transmute certain combinations of Runes, the item's name will change into a "unique" name, displayed in gold, and the item will acquire extra powers, depending on the "rune word" that was used.
    • If you use superior items, the damage and stats might be higher than shown because you will get the bonus from those items too.
    • Rune Words will only work in non-magical items. This means that Set Items, Unique Items, or Magic Items with the proper item type will not allow or convert to Rune Words. Again, they will not work on Magic, Set, Unique or Rare items

Example of Runeword (Set Runeword, linked with Talic Arm):

Black Gem

Why don't we place a new gem in game ? It will have totally randomized stats, which are generated after crafting it. But the problem is, that gem could have also positive, and negative stats. We can craft this gem by combining each of Flawless Star Gems + some mats. Stats are generated after putting gem into an item. If you unsock gem from item - it will be destroyed. Some examples of it:
    - +/- 70 str/dex/vit/int/all res/ etc.
    - chance to deal AoE dmg to monsters and player.
    - increased/decreased movement speed/attack speed/damage by X%.
    - increased/decreased potions cooldown by X sec.
    - increased/decreased damage by 1-2%.

It's only first part of my thoughts. Next time I'll show you my ideas about monsters and skill system. Hope you like it and rate it here and on the other forums ;)
    I really like the horadric cube, it has so many possible uses, the downside is ofc that the recepies aren't in a nice list as at the blacksmith. Perhaps having it on a npc would make more sense in d3 and if they improve the listing of recepies with "filter as you type" it would be usable even with lots of recpies.

Not so sure about having it as a plvl 100 reward, it would be a lot that would never see it.
    Great post and love the ideas! Well put together and nicely done items. I'm impressed by the math and calculations you have put into it and how well thought through it is! Can't wait for whites and blues to be useful :)
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    What's with the awesome threads lately? What are you guys doing?!?!?! Stahp!
    Quote from Zero(pS)

What's with the awesome threads lately? What are you guys doing?!?!?! Stahp!

Agreed. Seems like D Fans really want to get the ball rolling ....
    Don't stahp, MOAR!
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    I see what you did there! ;D

I'm glad I inspired someone else to make suggestion threads! Many people are just complaining about the game lately instead of suggesting how to improve it.

About your idea:
    I like the horadric cube and its transmutation abilities, so this idea gets +1
    I like all your suggestions here. I don't your Runewords suggestions is something I'd like to see as-is in-game, but it is pointing to a very good direction.

Elixirs and potions to cover weaknesses is also seems like a good idea. It's a good light sink for gold and helps you go through more dangerous mobs for certain skillsets.

I like your Horadric Cube suggestion the best.
    sto lavorando
    @Horadric Cube: a feature only for Paragon 100 doesn't make sense for me, not really. However, the idea of increasing the power of an item is something that could be explored some way on Diablo 3. Edriel's post is worth checking

@Elixirs: Nice! Elixir (more potions) is something that I really expect to see on D3 Expansion.
    The hype is flowing through my veins...
    Do you like Power Metal? Check it out!
    Very nice idea!

I don't think that having to be paragon 100 should be a prerequesist to being able to obtain the cube since P100 will be a drop in the bucket once Paragon 2.0 is released.

Maybe the cube is hard to find, but not as hard to find as say.............a legendary plan or Wirt's Original Leg. Maybe the cube can be purchsed for a heavy fee from the Mystic. Or maybe its obtained after completing an event.........an event that might take about an hour to accomplish.
    Thumbs up! :Thumbs Up:

I'm really looking forward to your other ideas!! :)
    So... simply give us an improved D2 Horadic Cube. Nuff' said.
    Pietrak#2537 - changed my battle.tag just for you ;P
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes