[Suggestion]: The Mystic [Pt. 1] - Seals

It's hard to believe that a game centered around loot STILL has broken itemization. That being said, if fans like EDRY can come up with something as awesome as this, why cant blizzard?

Something like this could breathe new life into this franchise. Hopefully we can see it SOONER than later...
    The God bestows a minor blessing on you for your hard work.

The God predicts that this will never be implemented by Blizzard, as it gives too much depth to the game, made for frailest of the frail minds of men.

A heavenly wisdom is puzzled by a key question: Why does effects done by that amphibious animal consists of primary large quantities of IAS/CC/CD, as a bulk of build? The weapon imbued with the blood of the innocent mammal will far exceed the ones find in a more conventional way, and ultimately replace it. As this is not necessarily a bad thing in the eyes of divine being, it adds a question - would the change render obsolete any farming for not-white (unwhite!) items? No divine love lost, but still? Answer this coherently, mortal, and receive another small blessing, no matter how vain perspectives of your, admittingly interesting, suggestion may be!

I, Tiberius Claudius Caesar Augustus Germanicus, commend you on Photoshop work done!
    A proud and fearless leader and only member of the "Save the Diablo III" project
    I have been a game designer, modder and balancer. Link below is to my blog, where i discuss flaws of this game and offering solutions.
    YOU can help this cause by sharing a link in your signature! Please do, if you like my ideas

http://savediablo3.wix.com/diablo3#!home/mainPage
    Sounds awesome, wish we had this now! I really hope this gets some attention on the Bnet forum as well.
    Blizzard... please for the love of god... HIRE THIS MAN.
    well, this idea i even like more than your other post about the portals etc., because it won't cause balance issues.. you just work hard to get a really awesome item and, as stated before, it even could work as a gold sink.
    Good that you posted some suggestions of other players about "breaking" the seal, i don't like this idea either, but instead would go with the repair or inactivity way to avoid getting to a "8-hours-play-time-wasted-scenario" but instead getting to a really high effort in this item and finallys you can say "yeah i got it!" :)
    also i loved your "homm5-talent-system" was fun to wait for the "perfect-hero" (remebering tactics and logistica :D )
    so again +1 for your big effort and your really good suggestion for diablo
    I love this guy. SHUT UP AND TAKE MY MONEY.

OMG! First page on Diablofans... I'm gonna cry ç_ç

Thanks everyone!!!
    Quote from edry

OMG! First page on Diablofans... I'm gonna cry ç_ç

Thanks everyone!!!

Awesome work! You should've joined Dfans sooner ;)
    The little boat gently drifted across the pond exactly the way a bowling ball wouldn’t...
    two things :

1 : this looks very worked out and very detailed and the images are great and you have certainly worked hard on this for quite a while. Kudos and congratz and you should get a job at Blizzard ^^

2 : Personally, I dont like the idea. It would be either a gold sink or a distraction from the monster slaying, which is why I play this game. But that's just me, I am sure many others would love this idea.
    Quote from Twoflower

two things :

1 : this looks very worked out and very detailed and the images are great and you have certainly worked hard on this for quite a while. Kudos and congratz and you should get a job at Blizzard ^^

2 : Personally, I dont like the idea. It would be either a gold sink or a distraction from the monster slaying, which is why I play this game. But that's just me, I am sure many others would love this idea.

Well everyone has his own opinions and I know there are people out there who doesn't like any of these ideas.
    You know... it's impossible to have something that everyone likes.

I did this just because I love Diablo series and because I really want this game to become a masterpiece.
    Now it's just a good game but it DESERVES to become a masterpiece and with the addition of new cool features it surely can achieve that.
    Fixed the typo on the thread title ;)
    After being a long time lurker on diablo fans, your ideas have prompted me to make my first post. Just wanted to say how much I appreciate players like you who put in this much time and effort. I love this idea. Hopefully Blizzard will take a good look at this and implement it in some way, shape or form.

Fantastic work. Keep 'em coming!
    Quote from Zero(pS)

Fixed the typo on the thread title ;)

Thanks ;D
    I have to say these are good. But the main issue is the game will become more fun for players who are playing this on a day to day basis and want to improve, and it will become extremely hard for new players.
    Too much complication is fun, but never a good design choice.
    Quote from t0luene

I have to say these are good. But the main issue is the game will become more fun for players who are playing this on a day to day basis and want to improve, and it will become extremely hard for new players.
    Too much complication is fun, but never a good design choice.

Maybe. But at some point in the game's life you're gonna have to prioritise the old players over the newcomers. I'm not saying that that point is now, but...
    For new/casual gamers it surely is too complicated.. but hey! Can't old/hardcore players have some love too? :D
    Thanks guys!

The discussion on EN-EU is now highly rated!

Thanks everyone for the support!

Missing US now :)
    Just read it all and I have to admit you took your time and really made it dream-like :). But thats all it is, unfortunately. There is no way you are going to see this in game. Not even in an expansion.

From my pov, a waste of time, but good read and a good thought of what it could look like. . . .Could :)
    +10
    Edriel, two VERY well thought out suggestions. If implemented in any way, Blizz should kick you down some ca$h or at least some cool swag. Well done!
    Amazing idea and very well thought out.

However, let's see if we (you) can make it better by feedback from us.
    As someone already mentioned it is far too complicated to implement and does not work well with Blizz philosophy of D3. Maybe you can think of a way to make it slightly easier. Implementing 10% of what you made up will be good for me. Having some seals to choose and have multiple options to lvl them up is great. There is just a little bit too much stuff to get our heads around. I read all you wrote twice and still do not fully understand what is going on.

Ah well, even if you don't simplify it, make sure to post it on official forums and have blues look at it. It might give Blizz some inspiration of what is possible. Great for an expansion, because it will require a lot of work to implement a system as complicated as this.

last note: Letting us actively use skills from other classes is something we should avoid. It will be difficult to put it in the skill system as well and tie a hotkey to it. The occasional proc on a weapon attack is ok, though. So instead of letting us use blizzard it could be a proc of a 3 sec blizzard dealing X dmg.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes