Everything has clicked suddenly :D

Since jumping in to patch 1.0.8 this game feels like it has so much more depth than I had felt before.

The reason for my shift in perspective?

I'm exploring again. With the changes to density it makes me want to explore and discover what each little cave and nook contains again. Now of course I'm finding new, efficient paths but coming back to Act 1,2 and 4 I am feeling nostalgic for the first few days of playing Diablo 3 in beta and at release. I'm stopping to appreciate little art details or lore books again. Inserting my own personal experiences into the overall story as I've done with all my favorite rpgs.

It's also made me very excited for the future of the game and what the expansion will hold. I know that even some of us optimistic fans shared some disappointment with what the game was at launch. But now I am feeling better at taking it in stride and being excited for Diablo again. Just a really nice change!
    Yup, monster density change was an excellent move. Still needs some adjustments but the idea in general is good. ;)
    Bandyto#2350
    EU
    Game has turned a corner imo.

I've really taken a shine to it lately, even just before 1.08. Itemization should increase this trend away from AH dependency that we've seen with BoA crafts.

I can see the forest through the trees. D3 is under the right direction now, an obvious presence is taking this game to where we all want it to be.
    That's why I've stuck with this game. I know it will be what we all anticipated one day.

For me I realized this in patch 1.0.5 with Monster Power. Such a simple but powerful addition. The density changes have really reassured these feelings. Looking forward to the expansion details
    I totally agree, I was also thinking of creating a similar thread a couple of days ago.

Example: I was farming keys with a friend. His gear is a bit too low to survive on higher MPs, so I went CMWW, searched for elite packs and he just jumped in as soon as I had found one and the stunlock kicked in. This is what I've done many many times in the past.

But now... something changed. While running/teleporting around and searching for packs, I realized that every now and then I have this HUGE crowd of non-elite mobs around me. In every zone (I need distraction, would be too boring to farm NV5 stacks in the same zone every time.) Before the patch I would just skip the white mobs because it's just a few, but nowadays the crowd is SO HUGE (and we're both not p100), so I'll just tell him to come over anyways, although I haven't found an elite pack yet. In the end we just went through the area and killed almost everything on our search for elites. Blizzard successfully managed to discourage me from skipping content, and I'm so thankful for that.
    No doubt 1.0.8 is a very good step.
    Personally its still quite a bit away from what I would need in the game to jump in again, but for me it has pretty much always just been a question of time, before Blizzard got around to improving enough aspects of the game to make it worthwhile. Their post-release support is always pretty damn good.
    Probably need at least the first expansion to get there though.

Only one thing I'm a bit sad about regarding the higher monster density.
    It shifts even more focus toward AoE, in a game where AoE already was the king.
    Not sure how to change that though. Maybe have more types of white mobs with lots of HP that simply wouldn't die from AoE alone. People would probably just skip them though...
    I dunno, you still need to employ a lot of single-target skills for elite packs. I've found that the large trash packs closely placed together have made it easier to keep buffs up (as a witch doctor).
    i would choose my own religion and worship my own spirit, but if he ever preached to me i wouldn't want to hear it. i'd drop him, a forgotten god, languishing in shame; and then if i hit stormy seas, i'd have myself to blame. Zhaph#1849
    Quote from Uldyssian

Since jumping in to patch 1.0.8 this game feels like it has so much more depth than I had felt before.

The reason for my shift in perspective?

I'm exploring again. With the changes to density it makes me want to explore and discover what each little cave and nook contains again. Now of course I'm finding new, efficient paths but coming back to Act 1,2 and 4 I am feeling nostalgic for the first few days of playing Diablo 3 in beta and at release. I'm stopping to appreciate little art details or lore books again. Inserting my own personal experiences into the overall story as I've done with all my favorite rpgs.

It's also made me very excited for the future of the game and what the expansion will hold. I know that even some of us optimistic fans shared some disappointment with what the game was at launch. But now I am feeling better at taking it in stride and being excited for Diablo again. Just a really nice change!

Welcome back. The visionaries who stuck around saw it coming, but as you said, great things to come.
    The updates and patches have been great. My main gripe atm is how much better the barbarian is for farming, playing other characters feels like a grind now. I know some other classes can farm well, but at levels of equipment that are unreachable for me. I do ove my monk but it's far from being as effective as a barb.
    To think thta at the very beginning barb was the underpowered class needing huge resists and a shield to survive Inferno 1.0 :D
    Quote from Vaestmannaeyjar

The updates and patches have been great. My main gripe atm is how much better the barbarian is for farming, playing other characters feels like a grind now. I know some other classes can farm well, but at levels of equipment that are unreachable for me. I do ove my monk but it's far from being as effective as a barb.
    To think thta at the very beginning barb was the underpowered class needing huge resists and a shield to survive Inferno 1.0 :D

Yeah I´m hoping for a barb nerf and feel the exact same as you playing other classes now. It will cost a lot more to be just as efficient. Though I still enjoy playing barb a bit too :P
    It's worth noting though that you can get a budget wiz together for <10 million that farms just as well as a barb, though in a completely different manner than a barb.
    Totally agree. As soon as itemization comes around, then a golden glow will permanently be around my monitor =D
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    One thing's for certain with this patch...

My online status is now usually marked as "Available" instead of "Busy," now that I always welcome party games. Total opposite from pre-1.08 when I didn't want to be disturbed during my solo Archon runs.

Always great to show off to your party members how many legendaries/sets you've picked up in that one run. Sure, most of the items may blow right now, but that's what makes waiting for a future itemization patch that much more worth it. Fingers crossed.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Quote from Kamisei2400

It's worth noting though that you can get a budget wiz together for <10 million that farms just as well as a barb, though in a completely different manner than a barb.

No, not for less than 10 millions "just as well as a barb". Not as fast, not as resilient. "Though in a completely manner than a barb." This sounds contradictory to your previous sentence. Just as well or completely different? I opt for completely different.
    Bandyto#2350
    EU
    I find the game much more interesting now and have stayed for almost a week after the patch was released. Previously I'd get bored much quicker. The itemization and more nooks and crannies to explore would be perfect for my taste.

I bought the CE at release because I believed in it. I stil do.
    The world is very different now. For man holds in his mortal hands the power to abolish all forms of human poverty and all forms of human life.
    Quote from Bandyto

Quote from Kamisei2400

No, not for less than 10 millions "just as well as a barb". Not as fast, not as resilient. "Though in a completely manner than a barb." This sounds contradictory to your previous sentence. Just as well or completely different? I opt for completely different.

The 2 are not mutually exclusive. They play in different styles yet are about as efficient at budget gearing options. I'd even say a cm wiz is better for a small budget (<10 mil). A friend of mine made a cm wiz for mp10 for 1 million some 2-3 months ago, I haven't got any friends that did that with barbarian. Now I know correlation isn't the same as causation but the correlation at least leaves open the possibility there is a causal relation, i.e. a cm wiz being cheaper to gear than a barb, considering we have a small budget.

Just wanted to put it out there so you won't play a class simply because you feel like wasting your time in the others, or you'd need too much gold for it.
    Quote from Bandyto

Quote from Kamisei2400

"Though in a completely manner than a barb." This sounds contradictory to your previous sentence. Just as well or completely different? I opt for completely different.

What he said wasn't contradictory buddy. Something can very well be "just as good" as something else, and still be "completely different".
    First of all, I am not your buddy. Please keep your gutter language out of this. ;) Second, you are absolutely right respectively I have interpreted Kamisei wrong. Something can be different and still "just as good" but currently the barbarian is far superior when it comes to farming than any other class - including the wizard.
    Bandyto#2350
    EU
    I find my average-geared Monk to be doing wonderful on MP6-7. He only has 130k DPS, but I only stop at elite packs for 10-15 seconds and move on (unless big mobs with Extra Health). Challenge starts at about MP8, where I have to be at elite packs for at least 20 seconds or so.

Is that considered slow these days?

Ha. Bagstone.

Quote from Bandyto

First of all, I am not your buddy. Please keep your gutter language out of this. ;)

"I'm not your buddy, friend!"
    "I'm not your friend, guy!"
    "Im' not your guy, buddy!"
    Quote from Bandyto

First of all, I am not your buddy. Please keep your gutter language out of this. ;) Second, you are absolutely right respectively I have interpreted Kamisei wrong. Something can be different and still "just as good" but currently the barbarian is far superior when it comes to farming than any other class - including the wizard.

Pretty sure I can adress you any way i want to, buddy.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes