Contend Patch 1.1.0 Part 1 ideas

Thanks for the feedback! I rearranged the thread.

Content Patch 1.0.9 Part 1 ideas

Hello!

In this thread I want to present some of my ideas regarding the itemization and customization in Diablo 3.
    At the beginning of Diablo 3 the developer mentionend they wanted to create the best game they possibly can.
    While they put a lot of time and effort into Diablo 3 and improved the game constantly with every patch,
    I dont think the game is where it wants to be or should be.
    In my view the biggest weak point of the game is a lack of customization.
    Basically every other character in the game looks like you, has more or less the same items and can everything you can just a little better or worse.
    Even though the hack and slash part of Diablo 3 is a lot of fun, the rpg is half-baked.

But dont fall into desperation! Lets collect some fresh ideas. I will show you my ideas for better customization in two parts:

Part 1:
    Dyeing
    Tonics
    Food and Elixirs

Part 2:
    Elemental damage YOUR alternative to critical damage
    15 new Elemental Item Affixes
    new Legendarys

Dyeing

The first step to build a unique char is a unique shape.
    You dont like your head armor? Dyeing doesnt make it any better? These times are over. With the new
    dyes your items can look completely different just the way you want.
    Give it a random new look with the Dye of Crystalline Volatility:

A fluid that creates illusions. Found in Zoltun Kulls properties.

Or destroy an item and acquire the essence of its appearance:

An acid of misterious power capable of saving the shape of magical objects.

Nothing but light and shadow.

The Dye of Crystalline Volatility can be bought from various vendors for 5600 Gold. For a Dye of Illusion you have to find an Acid of Mirage first (rare drop from Monsters).
    Now you may ask yourself: What do I need a random Dye for? I can create the Dye I want."
    Creating a specific Dye of Illusion destroys the Item permanently! So it may be wise to try some random dyes before you destroy your Mempo or a set item solely to get its Dye. XD

Tonic

You would like to use an item, but its just not strong enough or it lacks one special property? With new Items called Tonics you can work on your items instead just of throwing them away! Tonics are rare and powerfull. Some drop from monsters with the rate of lvl63 legendarys others are crafted by the Mystic, your new ally. Tonics will change items permanently. So use them wisely: Once used on an item the Tonic is consumed and the times an item can be modified by Tonics are very small.

One Property is simply wrong? A mighty Weapon with Int and Dex? A Bow with strength? Try again!
    Change it with Liquid Confusion:

Extracted from the brain of a insane Wizard. cough...Zoltun...cough

Your Item has a lack of Vitality? +12 to All resists? That doesnt help anyone. Use Chaotic Fluid and you have the chance to strengthen its rate by far (or weaken it :P)
    Use the Chaotic Fulid:

Booze of chaotic demons.

You like Cold more that Fire? This Tonic will is important for some content I will present in Part 2.
    Maybe you will find a Flask of Elemental Fog:

Why not?

These Tonics very rare and powerfull but nothing compared to this one:
    Once you found enough Tonics. Ask your mystic ally and create a Tonic of tremendous power.

This Tonic is truly legen... ... ...dary

To create a Horadric Tonic of Excellence you need 10 Tonics 7 Fiery Brimstones 35 Demonic Essences and 250.000 Gold.

Food and Elixir

You are hungry? Get some food:

Medium.

With evil chocolate bids made with milk of tormented cows. Fresh from hell.

Yea I know: These examples may not be very usefull, but you get the Idea. There are a lot of crafting materials. Why not use them to get consumables like in every other rpg game? For a short ammount of time you can increase your pickup radius, magic find, gold find, vitality, crit. chance, movement speed...etc. A nice way to spend your gold and materials right?

In Part 2 of Contend-Patch 1.0.9 I will present you the new item properties and some legendarys that will feature some of them like the Frostburn Gautlets:

With new changes in Elemental Damage and the 15 new item-properties you will be able to acquire
    powerfull effects that press enemies in all kinds of degradation. At the end your damage-per-second
    may lie about the true power of your hero.

I will release Part 2 (the bigger part) in a week or so, if anyone is interested.
    Well then. What do you think? Would you paste one of these items in Diablo 3? Anyway thanks for reading
    Frostburn gauntets were cool but the "increase attackspeed" is unnessecary. Most cold skills are dots that don't benefit from attackspeed.
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    Quote from Elendiro

Most cold skills are dots that don't benefit from attackspeed.

These Frostburn Gauntlets is an example for my new system.The Properties of the Gauntlets dont support your cold skills they support ALL of your skills. If your main Weapon has cold damage it can benefit from new affixes like movement and attackspeed reduction against enemies.
    I wanted to create a system where elemental damage is no more effected by crit. chance and crit. damage.
    BUT: There will be new affixes that will make elemental damage a good alternative to critical damage.
    Love the dye to change appearance xD how simple would that be to implement? dye consumes item and gets it's appearance and can be used on another item to make it look like the destroyed one... pretty simple, even coding for it...
    Those Who Do Not Know True Pain Cannot Possibly Understand True Peace...
    Quote from Kallizk

Love the dye to change appearance xD how simple would that be to implement? dye consumes item and gets it's appearance and can be used on another item to make it look like the destroyed one... pretty simple, even coding for it...

God I love it when people just shout out something like 'oh it should be easy to code'. do you realize just HOW much work goes into coding? Even something 'simple'? It's a ridiculous amount of work.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    I like your new Dyes, it's like transfogrification from WoW, and i love dressing up my dolls... erm, i mean char with different kind of gear but without losing power.

The tonic idea is cool too, it's a more controlled version of PoE's reroll, but you can't use the same item over and over and over.

I can't give a good insight of what i think right now, a bit late for me and my head is somewhere else, but you get a thumb up from me.
    Troll Cookie should make you immune to ban for 20 minutes! x)
    Quote from Kallizk

a ) have you personally ever coded anything?
    b ) have you magically acquired the source code to D3?
    Good stuff in there, I like it.
    Nice one looking forward to part 2.

By the way im more interested in the "Food" Section.

LOL and what does trollpower do?????
    Grinding Gear Games (Company that produced POE): "These are great Ideas, we will use them for sure as they are clearly what the player base is looking for."

Blizzard: "While we agree that this game needs re-working and that these ideas could help the future of this game, we have no plans to listen to our fan-base at this time."

http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/Tester_3211/media/Diablo3devs_zpscc5fbac9.jpg.html?state=replace
    Good job on the effort. I'm pretty sure you meant "Content" and not "Contend". I think that they will grant the Mystic the abilities to change items' affixes etc and that will require the player to provide demonic essences and other crafting reagents and not just aquire a bottle of some sort to do the effect on their own. But yeah i like the way you portray these ideas. +1

Some ok ideas, but why call it patch 1.1.0 and write it like you are from Blizzard? If you ever want to post it on official forums you will have to rewrite it all, since they will lock all threads that look like they are written by them but aren't.
    I like some of the ideas here but i think there are easier ways for them to be implemented. The dye that changes gear to look like a random other gear for example, why would anyone want that as opposed to the alternate option? The same goes for the tonics, why would you get Mystic to craft them (assumedly at an expense) when you can simply find them as a drop?
    Thanks for the feedback! I changed some of the contend and rearranged some things to clarify my aim.
    Quote from Bleu42

Quote from Kallizk

God I love it when people just shout out something like 'oh it should be easy to code'. do you realize just HOW much work goes into coding? Even something 'simple'? It's a ridiculous amount of work.

In fact i do realise how much work it is since i've coded alot myself, i created alot of maps on wc3 with real events coded in as well as stuff that didn't even exist in wc3, believe me if u will, but putting a dye like that in-game is really easy.
    Quote from Kallizk

In fact i do realise how much work it is since i've coded alot myself, i created alot of maps on wc3 with real events coded in as well as stuff that didn't even exist in wc3, believe me if u will, but putting a dye like that in-game is really easy.

Is all your coding experience adding stuff to triggers in WC3?
    Preset triggers are easy to use, but like i said, i created NEW stuff like scoreboards and hashtables on some triggers to save alot of info, i really changed alot of the game, including mechanics, abilities, ui look, etc, and obviously it's not the only experience i have, i just mentioned it because it's a game similar to d3 in mechanics and coding, hell play a bit with GUTS (torchlight 2 editor) and you'll see what i'm talking about, people tend to make a big monster out of simple stuff, i agree some changes are hard to implement on d3 and take alot of time, but a simple dye like this is not.

These Frostburn Gauntlets is an example for my new system.The Properties of the Gauntlets dont support your cold skills they support ALL of your skills. If your main Weapon has cold damage it can benefit from new affixes like movement and attackspeed reduction against enemies.
    I wanted to create a system where elemental damage is no more effected by crit. chance and crit. damage.
    BUT: There will be new affixes that will make elemental damage a good alternative to critical damage.

I get what you want to do but it's absurdly clunky.

There is no remotely logical reason for movement speed to be tied to cold damage on your weapon. Hell, there's absolutely no plausible reason for your armor to gain bonuses if you have a weapon with X type of elemental damage.

The whole problem with the bonus damage on weapons is, much like we have right now with physical damage (black) weapons... one is going to come to the top as "best" and the rest will be not as good. As it stands having a non-black weapon isn't a massive disadvantage, but in your system, if cold damage came out to be the best you would actually be at a massive disadvantage if you didn't have a cold damage weapon because it effects a lot of stats across a lot of slots.

Ultimately you've tied far too many item rolls to what "color" your weapon is. What does this accomplish? Makes weapon itemization EVEN WORSE. Not a path I really want to go down since it's already pretty difficult to roll a quality weapon. If I have to start worrying about the difference between 100-600 lightning damage and 101-599 fire damage... it's a damned nightmare.
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    @shaggy: You didn´t catch my idea.
    In part 2 my Ideas with Frostburn Gauntlets and elemental damage in general are explained in detail. Check it out.

Link:

http://www.diablofan...emental-damage/

The core of Part 1 is basically adding some options in item appearance and gaining temporary buffs.
    Err sorry, I thought this was that thread honestly.

I clearly don't have a damned idea what you're trying to suggest with Part 2 then.
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes