BB see you when Addon is released

I really hope we all start fresh when expansion hits, like it was in D2, but I somehow doubt it (damn you RMAH).
    Quote from Nuvian

I really hope we all start fresh when expansion hits, like it was in D2, but I somehow doubt it (damn you RMAH).

In those times you couldn't go into a website and say "BUT WHAT ABOUT MAH LOOTZ?!", expecting an answer. Now the forums would be destroyed.

Ha. Bagstone.

Most people complain about this game or say they will quit. I say let them go. One half of them have 1000 hours played. That's appx. 42 days of entertainment for 50 bucks. Please tell me where you can find a bargain like that anywhere else? and if you didn't suck you probably made some money off the RMAH like I did. I paid for the game 6 times over.

Just think about that for a second.....The game hasn't been out a year and some people played for 42 days...24 hours a day... How can you complain? seriously? I actually know how you can, you play more then you do anything else...so obviously it gets boring.

On top of that it will get better. and they will be back.
    Some guy had actually suggested me to go play D2 if i don't like D3.

And since i have uninstalled d3 since a long time.....i did exactly that.

Also i play POE.

I'm having a blast.

P.S. Paladin's Holy Freeze+Fanaticism+Zeal=Loads of fun
    Grinding Gear Games (Company that produced POE): "These are great Ideas, we will use them for sure as they are clearly what the player base is looking for."

Blizzard: "While we agree that this game needs re-working and that these ideas could help the future of this game, we have no plans to listen to our fan-base at this time."

http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/Tester_3211/media/Diablo3devs_zpscc5fbac9.jpg.html?state=replace
    I hope they get the new itemization thingy working well, then i hope they get rid of both RMAH and AH, and then.. start a ladder!! yay
    Quote from Nuvian

Not trolling but seriously, is there any chance to stop everyone newbies, veterans, mods compare diablo 3 to diablo 2 ?
    I don't understand. You are saying you will be back when "addon" comes out. Why delete everything? Even if items will be easier, the lost levels is purely a waste.
    Throwing your gear away is simple pointless, but i know what you mean about diablo 3 not is fun when legendarys are ''rare'' as in 20min farm and you get an brimstone.. you even farm for 1-2 hours with no legendary if unlucky what is really heartbreaking when ur para lvl 100 and knows the fact about even if there drop an legendary You also know the stats for its sellable is just as rare as an yellow item..*cut wrist* :D
    Quote from thesikaleon

Quote from Nuvian

Not trolling but seriously, is there any chance to stop everyone newbies, veterans, mods compare diablo 3 to diablo 2 ?

+1 couldn't agree more ... just tired of it all. It's a DIFFERENT game.
    Quote from thesikaleon

Quote from Nuvian

I think comparisons CAN be healthy. After all, Diablo 3 came with Diablo 2 expectations, that much is inescapable.

Nuvian's comment was innocuous and in no way intended to directly compare the two titles. He was just citing that a fresh start may be healthy for the franchise once we reach the point of an x-pac release.

I agree though, sometimes the comparisons are based on misguided romanticism and embellished memories that often omit D2's dark-side.
    Quote from thesikaleon

Quote from Nuvian

If that is all you got from my post then you totally missed my point, my point was a fresh start, and that point was connected to the OPs post since he gave away his gear.

And of course 2 games in a franchise will get compared, but picking out my post without contributing to the thread when all I did was wondering and hoping that they would follow the same trend like they did with their previous game is quite pointless.
    Seeing how real money is involved, i wouldn't like a "fresh start" when an expansion hits... sure they can make cooler items etc. but making all my items obsolete (like they do in wow every content patch) well, that means i would have wasted money for nothing... if you don't like the pay2win concept, go play a game where real money is never involved tbh...

If we assume a fresh start, i bet that everyone who spend more than a couple of bucks on gold/gear/gems/whatever will be seriously pissed, especially when not being told that a "fresh start" would occur at some point... imagine a guy buying gear for 250 euro (some do that) and 2 weeks later blizzard announces the expansion and says that all current gear will be obsolete.. sure that guy can enjoy his gear for another 6-12 months until the expansion hits, but he is gonna hit the wall if they make any kind of gear reset or whatever. In terms of comparing D3 to D2, sure, go ahead, i don't mind when people compare to make a point, but saying that everything that was in D2 should be the same in D3 is just stupid.. just because they are the same franchise doesn't mean they have to be identical or even share any features (beside the core gameplay which is still the same).

World of Warcraft is part of the warcraft franchise, they share identical lore aspects but they are very much 2 very different games, there are no golden rules saying you can't make a new game in a franchise and even keep the same genre... D2 was a great game, it had it's moments, but i remember picking up just as many useless unique/set items as i have been picking up legendaries... in D2 the stat ranges on many items were not that different, so the "perfect" item was one specific stat set on a item, nothing else... in D3 a perfect Tal'rasha chest can be many things... for a WD it might be one with high int/high vit and pickup radius, for a wizard it could be one with All resist... it really depends on the character, playstyle and choice of gear.
    Quote from Wakei

Seeing how real money is involved, i wouldn't like a "fresh start" when an expansion hits... sure they can make cooler items etc. but making all my items obsolete (like they do in wow every content patch) well, that means i would have wasted money for nothing... if you don't like the pay2win concept, go play a game where real money is never involved tbh...

Though I agree that because of liability via the implementation of the RMAH, there can be no reset. I gotta say, real money has always been involved in Diablo.....heck...most PC games.

I played ladder and did lots of competitive melee duels on ladder. Those guys...man...they weren't shy about the money they spent (and made) and they flaunted it. I can PM you or anyone else a link to the 3rd party website I admin at that STILL acts as an intermediary between real cash money buyers and sellers for D2....STILL.

D2's "top players" are all about real money transactions. Always have been.
    I know that most pc games has real money involved, but i meant more of a direct way as it is with RMAH. In many other games it's the "top players" as you say that spend the money on items/whatever, but here there is the option for everyone, without going to 3rd party sites, taking risks or anything to spend a couple of bucks on a item you want (or gold)... so i'd say the use of real money in D3 is more common compared to games where real money is not an incorporated part of the game.

And yeah, some people spend insane amounts of money on gear :P saw a Manticore sell for over 300 euro.. thats just insane :P
    Quote from thesikaleon

Quote from Nuvian

To answer your question... No. There is no chance that this will happen since Diablo 3 is the successor of Diablo 2 and they are naturally going to get compared. If you don't realize that you are living in an illusion my friend.

I do think that comparing the two gets a bit tideous at times since it has been done alot and in almost every way possible but nevertheless, it is a needed comparison and actually quite healthy.

If you would suddenly discover a new fruit you would naturally compare it to a fruit you have already eaten. you would say "Hey, this tastes just like an Apple!" or something like that. Normal human behaviour.

Besides i don't understand why do you take it so personally whenever someone compares the two games seriously dude, deal with it. It's bound to happen a million times more so better start getting used to it.
    Giving away all your gear? So, no crafting?
    I would keep the gear, or at least the gold. Never know what expansion will offer that needs both gear and gold. :)
    Patch 1.0.8 gonna be funnier for D3, and hopefully better gear in general in patch 1.0.9. Patch 1.1 seems to be a BIG one. Crossing my fingers we will see stuff we wanted more then a year now.

Swedish Official Fansite www.Diablo3pvp.se

Quote from Enkeria

I would keep the gear, or at least the gold. Never know what expansion will offer that needs both gear and gold. :)
    Patch 1.0.8 gonna be funnier for D3, and hopefully better gear in general in patch 1.0.9. Patch 1.1 seems to be a BIG one. Crossing my fingers we will see stuff we wanted more then a year now.
    Bear in mind, there's no proof that the OP did what he said he did.

No link to his profile.

No pics/screen shots.

As far as we know,

he's playing right know, grinning as such
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from Enkeria

Bear in mind, there's no proof that the OP did what he said he did.

No link to his profile.

No pics/screen shots.

As far as we know,

he's playing right know, grinning as such

Nope I'm not playing D3 ATM. Playing CS:GO together with some friends right now and not Solo like D3 ;)

My profile is here http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/profile/Spr├╝hwurst-1524/ but as already said, nothing to see there because of deletion.

And for the gold: Played since release, farmed since 1.0.3 never dropped anything worth more than 5M Gold. Never had more than 30M Gold at once and was at 400k Gold when I left.

I always had the most fun in D2 while leveling a new Character if a D3 Addon will bring this back to D3 I'll be back.

And why the hell should this be a troll thread? I mean what's the fun in telling random dudes "I quit D3"? I don't get it.
    As others mentioned... You have been playing since release which means you have several hundreds of hours played. Tell me what else in the world would provide you hundreds of hours of entertainment for 60$ / 60 euro whatever...?
    Quote from Jamoose

As others mentioned... You have been playing since release which means you have several hundreds of hours played. Tell me what else in the world would provide you hundreds of hours of entertainment for 60$ / 60 euro whatever...?

Tetris for example ?

And according to the numbers of hours played worldwide, Solitaire might be the best game in the world :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes