When does patch 1.0.8 gets released?

I don't know if people already pose the question but when we'll we have it?!
    The PTR is up for quite some while now and I really don't understand the big need to test so much such little changes 1.0.8 brings.

Well, I understand Blizzard is a little scared to fail now because we're a demanding community and we don't get pleased easily, but come on! ...less debates in comfortable chairs and more facts would be greatly appreciated.

We got faith! (I think...sort of...)
    “Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter”
    Quote from Gambit2404

we're a demanding community and we don't get pleased easily, but come on!

Yep.

It's not gonna be this week. Other than that no one knows.
    Anytime they put out a new build on the PTR (basically a patch for the patch) then you can typically be sure it'll add at least another week to confirm everything is working fine before they post it live. They've already had feedback on the balance changes that showed that barbs needed to be reigned in again. They're probably going to see how the recent nerfs to some mob xp/drop rates are recived (and make sure nothing else breaks).

Aside from that last change, they did modify more monster spawns so the chances of a release this week are next to zero. Since more density was changed I'd guess it might not be next week but the week after if they don't decide to add anything else. The next two weeks are the most likely candidates in my opinion.

As a side note: They are adding more spawns to act 4.. *shiver* I can barely handle that place as is. So much knock back and stuns... SO MUCH.
    Diablo 3 playthroughs and guides via Kagekaze's Domain or Twitch TV
    Come on by and comment on YouTube or chat on Twitch, twitch chat is often watched
    The PTR build has not been marked as "final" as blizzard normally does, so we could possibly see another PTR patch.

Also you will know the weekend before it goes live (if you follow dfans daily). We always find the live patch on the server a few days before it goes live. So the second we see anything, you will know
    Quote from Molster

The PTR build has not been marked as "final" as blizzard normally does, so we could possibly see another PTR patch.

Also you will know the weekend before it goes live (if you follow dfans daily). We always find the live patch on the server a few days before it goes live. So the second we see anything, you will know

Good point, I tend to forget about that final marker. I often base my assumption on the content they deliver as you can usually tell when they're winding down on changes to get ready for release.

Also, you made your 6000th post, dear god man. :)
    Come on by and comment on YouTube or chat on Twitch, twitch chat is often watched
    The wait has been close to unbearable.

I even bought GW2 to waste some time while it doesn't come ;) (and boy, am I glad I did - such a polished game).

I'm not sure how true this next statement is going to be, but I'm gonna throw it out there anyways (if anything, for argument's sake): I want JW back on the team. At least they seemed to be pushing way more patches/changes back when he was in charge.
    Quote from Zero(pS)

The wait has been close to unbearable.

I even bought GW2 to waste some time while it doesn't come ;) (and boy, am I glad I did - such a polished game).

I'm not sure how true this next statement is going to be, but I'm gonna throw it out there anyways (if anything, for argument's sake): I want JW back on the team. At least they seemed to be pushing way more patches/changes back when he was in charge.

Those 2 things have nothing to do with each other and you know that. :P
    Zero,

This is very off topic, but since you mentioned liking Guild Wars 2, I would suggest giving Neverwinter a try. Has a little meatier combat from what I've played and it's 100% free to play should you want to give it a shot. :) Guild Wars 2 has better story and world though, I will admit.

It's open beta as of tomorrow (30th) on playneverwinter.com.
    Quote from Gambit2404

I don't know if people already pose the question but when we'll we have it?!
    The PTR is up for quite some while now and I really don't understand the big need to test so much such little changes 1.0.8 brings.

Well, I understand Blizzard is a little scared to fail now because we're a demanding community and we don't get pleased easily, but come on! ...less debates in comfortable chairs and more facts would be greatly appreciated.

We got faith! (I think...sort of...)

If you woulda asked me 3 weeks ago....I woulda said this Tuesday. And if you had asked me last week....I woulda said this Tuesday.

They are certainly dragging it out a bit, but I feel patience will be worth it in this case.

My only concern right now is....how long until the itemization patch and will there be another long PTR for that as well?
    BurningRope#1322
    I think blizzard is very well capable to adding some silly mobs in act4 a little faster :) ....but, maybe they're taking their time with this patch, get more feedback from the community first and see if we're happy enough and don't blame them much for doing a lot of wrong things.
    Hmm, perhaps they are a little afraid.

As a community, we are ruthless when it comes to pointing out design flaws, hahah :))
    “Strike the shepherd and the sheep will scatter”
    Diablo 3 Anniversary Buff
    • Anniversary_Buff_EXPMF_0_desc - Your Magic Find and Experience gain are increased.
    • Anniversary_Buff_EXPMF_0 - Happy Anniversary, Diablo III
    The anniversary is May 15th. The patch will be up before that. My guess is next week, but 15th is a wednesday so they could drag it a week longer.
    Quote from Turtel

Diablo 3 Anniversary Buff
    • Anniversary_Buff_EXPMF_0_desc - Your Magic Find and Experience gain are increased.
    • Anniversary_Buff_EXPMF_0 - Happy Anniversary, Diablo III
    The anniversary is May 15th. The patch will be up before that. My guess is next week, but 15th is a wednesday so they could drag it a week longer.

I've had this odd idea in my head, most likely wrong....but....the anniversary is coming. This game has been under tremendous heat. They have new leadership. Some strange mentioning's from the devs and CM's, like parents hiding that last x-mas present for the big surprise.

I got this feeling that they're going to slide in some itemization change with 1.08. I know this isn't on the PTR, but itemization changes DO NOT require PTR (see 1.04 patch).

">
    Game Designer
    That's an interesting idea. It is unfortunate when you see a legendary crossbow, pick it up, and realize its a Hellrack. I've got an alternate idea, what if we make all the legendary items good so that you can Actually get excited even if you know it's a Hellrack? ;)

I can dream, can't I? Just sayin....it would be HUGE with the players if they did this before that 1 year anniversary.
    BurningRope#1322
    i hope they understand what we need and we get some bonus thing with 1.0.8 that will launch 15th of may
    Quote from overneathe

Those 2 things have nothing to do with each other and you know that. :P

I do :lol: I'm just ranting.

I... need... the... patch..

@KK I've been thinking of trying that, but I'm a little suspicious of free-to-play games. I tried Marvel Heroes (the diablo-clone) for 30 minutes on a closed beta weekend before I thought "my brain is going to asplode"...

I've heard some good things about Neverwinter, but the combat seemed a bit clunky and somewhat repetitive. Also, I always saw Diablo as the big Action RPG franchise, and Neverwinter (Nights!) as the big role-playing-game franchise.

I'll probably wait for a review.
    Quote from ruksak

Travis Day
    Game Designer
    That's an interesting idea. It is unfortunate when you see a legendary crossbow, pick it up, and realize its a Hellrack. I've got an alternate idea, what if we make all the legendary items good so that you can Actually get excited even if you know it's a Hellrack? ;)

I can dream, can't I? Just sayin....it would be HUGE with the players if they did this before that 1 year anniversary.

That would be mindblowing.
    i have looked into the date and probaly dates is 7th or 14th due to the buff that was datamined regarding diablo anniversary
    Quote from Zero(pS)

Quote from ruksak

Travis Day
    Game Designer

That would be mindblowing.

Blizz has been on the defensive for a year now...over what is really a pretty damn fun game. Extreme pressure, unrealistic expectations and misguided romanticism over Diablo 2 combined with some questionable decisions on Blizz's part to create a rather tense environment around the franchise.

Blizz needs to go on the offensive, and nothing strikes as harsh as a surprise attack. Let's hope this strategy hasn't been lost on them and maybe, just maybe, they have a little surprise for us.
    BurningRope#1322
    I will be disappointed if it's not Tues
    Quote from knifebunny

Prepare to get disappointed.
    Quote from overneathe

Quote from knifebunny

Prepare to get disappointed.

they can chose either 7th or 14th if they want it out before the 15th.else yeah
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes