Patch 1.0.9 Preview, a dream...

I read this believing it to be the actual proposed content of 1.0.9 thinking that maybe now I will actually start playing Diablo III again as it would finally live up to the game that I'd hoped it would be... Shame this guy doesn't work on the development team
    I was really enjoying it right until I read the words "account bound".

D2 has zero account bound items (0), and works just fine, but D3 players seem to think that account bound items are the way to go.

If the system is actually fixed, no account bound items are necessary.
    Quote from FuriousBalls

Quote from DreamWalker

Quote from FuriousBalls

It's sad that people on the forums got million times better ideas then people in Blizzard who are payed for ideas.
    Great post man, keep it up.

So because i'm payed to get ideas, they have to be better than free ones.... ???

Your logic is flawed

edit: Great post though, try and make sure it gets enough attention :)

Designers, art designers, game developers and designers are payed because of their creativity and imagination, therefor they are payed and brought to a certain point to provide people with something that will make us have fun.

There's nothing wrong with my logic, seams your IQ is way too low to realize that.

So, a school teacher gets payed ? Does he/she have to be the best at teaching, at that school to get payed ? Is there a posibility that some parent(or some one else who isn't a teacher) is better at teaching, than that certain school teacher ? Is the parent geting payed for teaching his kid someting the teacher couldn't ? Yet, the teacher is still getting payed, funny thing isn't it.

In no way can we expect blizzard to have the best developers/designers in their staff. They're a big corporation, yes. But that's no guarantee that they should have any better ideas than some players in the community.

When creating/building something, you have a blueprint to work from. And most people would just do what the blueprint says, and only when the construction is done, they discover the flaws/alternatives or don't even see it, until it's pointed out to them. The person pointing out the blueprint was flawed/wrong, is more likely to be some one who didn't build or draw, but a 3rd party - maybe a daily user, or employee.

Demanding blizzard thinks of every possible scenario/idea before it's released is wrong, especially when you're saying you work with programming, cause it's just not possible. Get over the 'blizz owes me the perfect game cause i payed for it' - mindset, and think straight man.

and... really....? sorting to the, my IQ is larger than yours, that's just sad man.
    Regards DreamWalker

Donnie: Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?
    Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Damn, that's a lot of not so great ideas, if you ask me.

The trading post is the same as the AH execpt that we now remove a working currency (gold) and replace with chaos. What are the odds that someone that wants exactly your item has something that you want in return? No so big eeeh? What happens then is that ppl will start using other stuff as currency i.e. fairy brimstones/emiralds, or create third party websites where ppl can trade for virtual currency just like d2. To fix some issues with the AH they should start putting limitations on it rather than remove it. I for one like the AH a lot and don't want it removed at all.

Bringing back the mystic is a good idea. But the way you suggested was just bland and boring. If I were to design an enchanting system it would involve game changing attributes, not just increasing crit chance for gold. D3 needs more customization. So my suggestion would be to make enhancements free or very cheep, but you could only have one enhancement per item slot.

Example:

Gloves.
    1. 30% increased dmg to fire skills.
    2. Increase health regeneration per second by 30%
    3. Summons do 30% more dmg.
    4. Increase movement speed by 5% for every second using a channeling skill up to 50% for 8 seconds.
    5. +20 vitality (this one is bland and boring just so that all char can have something that is useful to them)

I also like the idea of buffing random dungeons, but again, I don't like the way you suggest. Increasing MP power in a dungeon would probably make ppl skip them rather than enter then tbh.

Lets not hope Blizzard implement to some of these ideas just because many ppl seem to like them.
    Remember that the community don't know what they want anyway. The community asked for an extreme difficulty in inferno and some kind easy to access AH before release. And after release they blamed blizzard for poor design decisions based on Inferno being to hard and AH ruining the fun of the game.. GJ community.
    Quote from Azidonis

D2 has zero account bound items (0), and works just fine, but D3 players seem to think that account bound items are the way to go.

It was working in d2 cause of the ladder system. That caused a natural item wipe--> economy wipe = healthy economy. Dunno if you played d2 before ladder system was introduced, but back then, the economy was in SoJ's. If you didn't find the SoJ yourself, then it was likely a dupe. SoJ inflation was so bad at some point, it took 2 full inventorys of SoJ's to pay for some items.
    The economy in d3 is screwed up, partly cause there's missing an item sink, but also cause of AH gold/money cap. As soon as an items gets past the 2billion cap, people start trading on forums and chats. A consequence of that is, people trade 1st hand and dont use ah, thus no 15% fee gold sink, and when dealing with maybe 10-20billion items, that's a lot of gold not being removed from the game. There are a lot of other issues why the inflation got out of hand to begin with, but those (as far as i know) are resolved.
    Regards DreamWalker

Donnie: Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?
    Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Truly amazing.

Dungeons are the biggest thing Blizzard forgot to include in my eyes. So f*cking easy to make and was one of the things that made D2 much more fun than D3 to run all the acts all over again.
    Quote from Azidonis

Except you can't fix it without removing the AH, and that is not gonna happen. Where is this amazing fix you have that will let us keep the AH and remove the account bound items, which are by all logic needed in every online game that has an AH, if you wish to sustain the economy, that is.

On topic, some of these ideas are cool, but the trading post isn't ever gonna appear in D3. Also, random dungeons are awesome but should not have increased MP. There are a ton of different ways to make them unique and exciting, and the easiest solution would have to be to have random affixes on them, similar to the PoE maps.
    As people stated earlier, some of these changes aren't really that hard to implement, nor do they require a huge amount of time and resources to make. Especially the dungeons. Yet it will probably take another year before we see anything like this in game.
    "Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the small death that brings total obliteration."
    This whole Op was an amazing read! At one point I had to double check the title to make sure it wasn't real :( lol. I'm not even that well off in the game but I would welcome all of these changes! AH broke the game, trading is where it should be, and although the AH is gone, there is still a reason for gold, brilliant! I would definitely love to see the dungeons as described as well with all the itemization/legendary/sets changes. I've stopped playing Diablo 3 because it got repetitive and boring. Act 3, again, and again, woo freaking hoo... Yea the increased density is great, but it's going to be the same issue even then, just 4 Acts instead of 1. People will find the most efficient routes for each act, and people will follow them like sheep. Complete, or a large amount more, randomization is the spice of life for demon slayers!

Perhaps the only thing I would suggest different in the Trading Post is to allow gold to be offered as a Trade, since it will still be usable by the players, and finding it just on your own could, potentially, be a tedious thing.
    Quote from Azidonis

Couldn't agree more - but fixing it involves blizzard letting go of the RMAH and USD-GOLD cashcow and we can't have that now can we?

I think Blizzard's desire to milk the interconnectedness of today's game for money led them to homogeneous itemisation which ultimately hurts the game's replayability. Then to remedy the fact they add account-bound converting what would have been a fun "look what I got" item hunting game into a single player grind. Plenty of better single player grind games around...Skyrim anyone?
    Marsh Boxer - Fair Dinkum Multiboxing...
    Quadbox MP7 Ubers Video Thread
    My Youtube Channel
    The OP has a couple of new twists on some old ideas. It's only getting this much attention because it's written to trick people into thinking it's official patch notes. I don't care how many disclaimers were shoehorned in later, there's already people commenting in this thread on how they were, at least for a time, under the mistaken assumption that this was from Blizzard. One should not need to dupe people in order to get their ideas read.

The trading post would be tons of UI and database work for very little reward. As it is, it's hard to sell decent items for gold. I can't imagine how many items will go untraded.

I think Blizzard is saving the Mystic for something, possibly as a way to tweak items. I'm not sure if that would be to add a stat, buff a stat, or re-roll a stat. I suspect itemization is taking so long because Blizzard still sees an underlying weakness in the itemization system as they've announced it. Even if your rolls are better, if they base stats are still crap, the item is worthless. And drop rates are being reduced to compensate for better rolls so I suspect that good items will still be hard to find individually, although collectively there may be more good items on the AH. Again, the Mystic might be a good way for a player to tweak a decent self-found item at the expense of making it BoA. #JustAThought
    Thats INCREDIBLE.
    OMG it looks like whole new addon. Omg m8, why such people as you dont work at Blizzard ? You alone made more textures and images Blizzard do every patch. Amazing job.
    Apart from the idea of a new auction house and the ability to spy completely on your friends findings this is the best idea ever. Get working on this Blizzard! About the getting play interaction back i think they should just extend the trade chats to to hold 500-1000 or even 1000-2000 players at a time instead of 50-100. This amount of players in a world at once usually creates a nice flow. It might also change the fact trading chats remain silent 98% of the time these days because theres more people in the general chats, thus you can reach more people through the general chats an so they are used for trading. I would also like the ability to extend the chat box to be taller. Currently the chat fills about 1/6 of the screen. You should be able to switch bewteen 1/6, 1/3 and 1/2 of screen hight. Also you should just be able to trade like ingame without being ingame.
    Quote from Senguash

1000-2000 in one chat would be very spammy. Not sure if you've ever played on a high pop WoW realm. The chats on the most active servers quickly get annoying more than anything. No one bothers to hint of better ways to behave in chats because the flow of spam (read: player spam, not gold spam) is never ending, whereas on the mid range servers the chats are often great places.. not too silent, not too busy.

Somewhat agree on the chat box thing, but it should also be moveable. Would be great be able to lock it into the bottom left corner. The whole UI needs an overhaul. A lot of players would absolutely love a minimalistic UI, for example.
    - I know that my Redeemer liveth, and as the last man He shall stand forth upon the earth -
    - - -
    Love this man! I do not post on these forums often but this made me log in freaking fast. Great ideas, even love the humbling attitude of the imaginary Blizz employee agreeing with everything the community desperately craves for and demans.

Freakin good job!
    I think Blizzard will pick them up as their own idea for expansion.

no way it will get to this 3. It is just too much work. too late in the game.
    I've had yet another dream... http://www.diablofans.com/topic/92538-patch-109-dungeons-a-dream/
    Can I have some of the mushrooms you are smoking before you go to bed? :)

Would be pretty happy if we got any of these things in the game.
    It would hardly fix everything about the game - especially there is a distinctive lack of item stat changes - but it's rare to only see ideas that would actually make the game better in threads like this.

The only very small thing I would change was the elixirs NOT lasting thorough death.
    This game need to give players more incentive to avoid death than it does today.

Quote from Aleksej89

The trading post can be an addition to the market place, but never never never a replacement.
    I almost never get any good drops while playing, which means no other player would want my items - hence i could never actually buy any items.
    Also you should never enforce the social aspect of the game onto players, if they want to socalize they will but never force it on them

The fix to never finding good drops is to make it more likely to find good drops though.
    Keeping the AH because it would otherwise be too hard to get gear is the totally wrong way to look at this imo.

Let us rather reach the point where AH feels unimportant, because playing the game is the best way to find items.

That will make it so much easier to remove AH too, since people suddenly wouldn't miss it anymore :D

Quote from Vanhyo

- You will be screwing players who paid real money for gold

Not really Blizzards problem (or ours) if anyone feels screwed. The game tells them that they are taking a risk when they buy stuff on RMAH. Blizzard could nerf items from RMAH to oblivion the day after you bought it as well.
    Beside, gold would still be extremely useful in MrMonstrositys concept.
    I would reinstall D3 right now if this was real.. sad face
    Quote from Shadout

The fix to never finding good drops is to make it more likely to find good drops though.
    Keeping the AH because it would otherwise be too hard to get gear is the totally wrong way to look at this imo.

Let us rather reach the point where AH feels unimportant, because playing the game is the best way to find items.

That will make it so much easier to remove AH too, since people suddenly wouldn't miss it anymore :D

I agree!

Except that if you've made the AH unimportant there is NO REASON it needs to be removed. I don't understand why more people aren't thinking along the lines of Travis when he says the AH needs to be "de-emphasized." Everyone who wants the AH removed says it's too central to D3. If it's not the centerpiece then there's no reason to remove it.
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from shaggy

Quote from Shadout

I agree!

Except that if you've made the AH unimportant there is NO REASON it needs to be removed. I don't understand why more people aren't thinking along the lines of Travis when he says the AH needs to be "de-emphasized." Everyone who wants the AH removed says it's too central to D3. If it's not the centerpiece then there's no reason to remove it.

If you're talking about the GAH, then I suppose you're correct: if players feel very little incentive to use it, it has exactly ZERO weight when decisions concerning the game are made (on the dev side) and it's nowhere near the best (most efficient) place to get gear or gold for crafting gear and gems, then there's very little reason to outright remove it - but then there'll be very little reason to keep it as well. But that's another story.
    However, as long as the RMAH exists, it will always be a factor on almost every decision they make, due to both legal ramifications and it being a source of revenue (right now the only one), so it's not enough to make it "not matter much".
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes