Patch 1.0.9 Preview, a dream...

Embarrassed to say it, but when i read it, i thought it was official ideas from blizzard and i was trully exited. Except for the trading post idea, i thought it all sounded completelly amazing. Unfortunatelly i read the comments and realized that these ideas didnt come from blizzard. :(

Ohh well it sounded too good to be true sadly.

As i said the only bad suggestion was the trading post. This will turn into a pain as you will get spammed by countless of stupid offers you have to shuffle through.
    Awesome ideas, id love to have a trading post along with the auction house. Id love to trade groups of items or sell on the auction house grps of items :)

Great job there, good entertaining read ;)
    ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ YAVYRED ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯ ✯
    Very nicely written topic :) you almost got me for real but still nice

I would like to share my opinion on your ideas

Introducing the Trading Post

Few flaws with your idea:
    - You are deleting gold from the game as well as turning economy upside down
    - You will be screwing players who paid real money for gold
    - items vs items means trade will become very painful as everybody look for a specific item not for some junk another player offers to you

Long time ago i had similar idea called trade center, its basically like yours but the offers are made in gold
    You have options like "make offer" "whisper", instead of bid and buyout...

Crafting

I like it, deverse materials and hard to find materials make good crafting system, adding white item requirement will improve the system even more, do u remember back in D2 how players valued ebug 4soc vortex shields ? or 5s eth BA ? because of what you could craft of those crazy basic items, well rolled one use to worth insanity.. or even priceless :)

But there is another problem with the current crafting system and that is all items simply offer more power unlike D2 were items offer crazy build deversity and having that special cool build was very dependent on getting that very special item from cracting or runeword.

A New Ally

That idea sound way imbalanced to me

Truly Legendary Items 1.0.9 and Beyond

I think blizzard is already working on this

Itemization

This idea seem pointless to me it reminds me of not-very-well-thought version of jewels.
    I also like the old D2 weaponization where every weapon had different range, speed and bonus. Different weapons use to feel more unique and deverse promoting more build deversity and interesting choices

Promoting Exploration and Adding Excitement

I dont think many people have thought about it but seperating lvling/lore gaming experience and end-game experience make the game alot more replayable and less boring.

Other then that if you add some sort of competative ladder to well-made dungeon system it will be so much win
    why aren't you working for blizzard again?

P.S I haven't logged on my account in 4 months
    why is this not real!! :QQ:
    Also i really love the dungeon idea, we need more random dungeons, definitely think that's my favorite part of this post
    amazing post this will fix the whole game ! ! !
    Truly awesome, well-written post! You listed many great ideas, and I appreciate the hard work you shared with everyone. I certainly don't think Blizzard will do away with the AH, but adding the trading post in addition to the AH would be a cool feature. I REALLY like the idea of the end game dungeons. It would actually give us an incentive to play through an entire act rather than doing the same quest over and over. Keep up the good work. I hope Blizzard sees this and implements most all of it.
    I wish people were more objective and werent so blinded by nostalgia. Seriously "make it like in D2" is beating a dead horse and not a way of thinking for progress or making anything better. It's not even a topic worth discussing. "I remember fun of trading in d2, lets make trading post /derp" etc
    Lovely suggestions MrMonstrosity

I agree that all of those changes are spot on. I also have some suggestions of my own.

Think most of us have had some problems from time to time with full bank slots. Maybe make upgradable/customisable bank slots?
    Could actually adapt some of the "know-how" from WoW with its bankslot system.

Id also like to see a possibility for making friends groups that could more easily interact together. Maybe not a full blown guild system like WoW has, but something more suttle in the line of Diablo's atmosphere.
    They've said that they are going to focus more on teamplay in Diablo and this is something we can improve on to make teamplaying more easy to do. Clanchats maybe?
    Endless possibilities here so just feel free to add thougts about it.
    This is the most AWESOME ideas i've ever read that could imrpove Diablo 3, and the funny thing is Blizzard has people that they pay to come with ideas for diablo 3, I wonder where they hired the monkeys they got at work, cause I doubt they could think about this idea at all. If this comes a reality, Diablo 3 has a great future. But the question is gonna be, will blizzard keep destroying diablo 3 with fake improvements that don't actually improve the game at all, or will they step up and hire you to work for them and make the game actually REALLY good for once.

Only time will tell. And hope that dream comes true. :)
    Quote from krypplingur

This is the most AWESOME ideas i've ever read that could imrpove Diablo 3, and the funny thing is Blizzard has people that they pay to come with ideas for diablo 3, I wonder where they hired the monkeys they got at work, cause I doubt they could think about this idea at all. If this comes a reality, Diablo 3 has a great future. But the question is gonna be, will blizzard keep destroying diablo 3 with fake improvements that don't actually improve the game at all, or will they step up and hire you to work for them and make the game actually REALLY good for once.

Damn i was gonna type something like that.............you beat me to it.
    Grinding Gear Games (Company that produced POE): "These are great Ideas, we will use them for sure as they are clearly what the player base is looking for."

Blizzard: "While we agree that this game needs re-working and that these ideas could help the future of this game, we have no plans to listen to our fan-base at this time."

http://s1332.photobucket.com/user/Tester_3211/media/Diablo3devs_zpscc5fbac9.jpg.html?state=replace
    Quote from krypplingur

How are monster density changes fake improvements? Seriously dude now you are just bullshitting.

I agree that these ideas are fresh and quite original (atleast some of them) but that does not mean that Blizzard is not doing anything and just fuckign us up. I love how people say "Maybe blizz will start to listen to its fans" when clearly that's what they have been doing for the past 6 months atleast...

You don't have to be a one sided fanatic if you want to support an idea.

Very good work MrMonstrosity!

I dont like the first idea about removing AH, but like the others. Basicaly all your ideas try to add replayability and that is great! The longer and harder dungeons, many new items, enchanting, thats just awesome.

I always felt that there is a need for some ultimate goals in order for a game to survive. These dungeons can be it. Many people were gearing up for PvP, which I lost hopes will come. But if they introduce an endless dungeon or a system of dungeons with its own scoreboard, so ppl can see you have done Dungeon XY with monster dificulty 16 in XYZ seconds.
    really nice topic....love every idea just not the last one. You said if legendary drops in a party every1 would hear a sound...I wouldnt liked that couse then every time i would think i got it :D but then just got dissapointed :D but LOVE other ideas...they make this in game i am deff coming back :D
    While this does tackle a lot of the mundane issues with Diablo 3 at this time, I feel its still neglecting improper incentives. Who wants to play a game and grind to level paragon 100 just for a portrait border and a larger number? Their current reasoning is to get more MF to find more items. It's like for some reason Blizzard thought the game needed to solely revolve around itemization. What we need is a purpose to gain a level. Stats are okay, but mostly, I think at a minimum an additional tier to the skill rune system is a necessity. I really think that having a skill and choosing a rune is just too shallow or simple for anyone to enjoy for a prolonged period of time. By adding additional tiers of the skill rune system (preferably unlocked at higher paragon intervals) it provides a reason to increase a characters level, it creates diversity among the player types, and depending on the sub-runes themselves, a much deeper way of playing the game. Possibly, unusual procs, or additional proc style bonuses. I really feel that the gameplay in Diablo 3 is stellar, but the leveling system and the way that you gear your characters is just way too generic. It was a success in the fact that it is very transparent (with tooltips on) but because of its simplicity it lacks prolonged stimulation to any more advanced gamer.
    I like many of the things here - especially more randomization (especially in overworld), reasons to explore (no incentive to do so currently) & Mystic (but limited upgradability).

The only thing I wouldn't like as stated would be the trading post. By allowing only item trades it's just blind luck to find both a desired item as well as posessing an item the seller desires, compounded over time as players get better geared they will have little/no interest in what most will have available to trade. I think an in-game trading post, accessed via NPC, where a player could place 10 items up for sale (no bid/buyout) and that player could take offers (one at a time) on that item (gold or trade) for as long as that player is logged in. Making an offer puts a hold on offered gold/items for, say 5 minutes, where selling player can accept or reject the offer (maybe an auto-reject below a certain point and/or an "accept best offer" after X time or offers). Basically, facilitate a fair amount of player trading without the incredible efficiency/exploitability of an AH.
    Quote from Frozenkex

I wish people were more objective and werent so blinded by nostalgia. Seriously "make it like in D2" is beating a dead horse and not a way of thinking for progress or making anything better. It's not even a topic worth discussing. "I remember fun of trading in d2, lets make trading post /derp" etc

+1
    A part from the trading post +1.

Another thing: if the player doesn't want the Familiar bonus and doesn't want to creat a "Familiar-Build", how about making the mystic or another NPC change the set-bonus that focus on a particular ability?

Something like this:

if the mystic knows the right recipes, she can change the Familiar set bonus into a bonus to Hydra or Blizzard or Tornado etc.
    Quote from TheSeanis

While this does tackle a lot of the mundane issues with Diablo 3 at this time, I feel its still neglecting improper incentives. Who wants to play a game and grind to level paragon 100 just for a portrait border and a larger number?

Agreed. I wouldn't mind a talent tree system or a point allocation system for paragon leveling where select skills and/or runes can be enhanced. Or a specialization system, like 'Sword & Board: Grants +0.1% block to shields and +0.1% damage to 1H weapons per paragon level' with a repec for X gold, some Demonic Essence and a Fiery Brimstone. Or a respec at the cost of -1 paragon level. Something significant but not punishing for some kind of character development that includes playstyle customization choices.
    Ohh fml ! So this is not from Blizzard ?!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes