Kripp and Alkaizer talk about Diablo 3

I completely agree with what you've said. What I don't understand is the prevalence of people who dislike the D3 design, attack it at every angle, still play it anyway and then tell off the other players that they're idiots for 'being complacent' and 'brown-nosing Blizz' when in reality, they should just realize they need to find a different game and... I'm sorry, I just need to say this, bugger off.

That or post constructive suggestions without automatically calling the dev team a bunch of lazy know-nothings. If you got something you think could be changed, f@%king speak up, that's why I post my ideas in the hope that maybe, the things I believe could be changed for the better would be noticed. If not, well, I'm not gonna start trolling the boards just because I didn't get my 15 minutes of flame.
    Check out my blog at archmagelezard.blogspot.com :Thumbs Up:

Kripp was a fan of Diablo 2. He still has that game installed. Athene even mentioned that in one of his videos like a year before release of D3. And Force.... you know yourself.
    Quote from InfidelMan

Kripp was a fan of Diablo 2. He still has that game installed. Athene even mentioned that in one of his videos like a year before release of D3. And Force.... you know yourself.

Facts, not the opinions of a couple of people. Charts or it didn't happen, buddy. 2 streamers does not an entire fanbase make.

Quote from Lezard_Valeth

Quote from InfidelMan

Facts, not the opinions of a couple of douchebags. Charts or it didn't happen, buddy.

Charts that kripp played Diablo II 6 years ago? Lol.
    He has spoken of Diablo 2 and it's varied build possibilities like millions of times in his videos. How would a person that never played the game be able to do that? Common sense, USE IT. You actually think that Kripp never played Diablo 2?

It doesn't matter, they're hardcore fans of the franchise. It falls into their area of expertise on this genre.
    There is something that is called a statistical sample size. There is no possible way to actually hear from every single person that bought the game. But if 75% of vocal 3000 people that bought the game say it sucks, it usually does suck. It doesn't even matter whether 100000000 bought it. Just look at amazon feedback, user feedback on review sites like metacritic. Professional critic scores are based on a very shallow criteria because they only play through the game once. And yes, Diablo 3 is great, FOR ONE TIME PLAY THROUGH. But that is not what Diablo franchise is about.
    Quote from InfidelMan

Quote from Lezard_Valeth

Quote from InfidelMan

Facts, not the opinions of a couple of douchebags. Charts or it didn't happen, buddy.

He has spoken of Diablo 2 and it's varied build possibilities like millions of times in his videos. How would a person that never played the game be able to do that? Common sense, USE IT. You actually think that Kripp never played Diablo 2?

Um, no, LOL.

Charts that a lot of people who quit D3 had played D2. As you claimed in your second post.

Common sense, USE IT.

We're seeing exactly why these pseudo-celebrities irk me so.

They are polarizing figures, and within every thread that their filthy names are invoked, fights break out.

So far, this thread contains very little discussion about what they said and instead, has turned into diablofans exchanging fuck yous.

Let's get something straight, and it's something that Zero touched on. These guys don't have real jobs. Credit to them for making a living doing something they love, but I would suggest that most gamers have to go outside from time to time, work 40+ hours a week, do homework with their kids and fuck their wives.

I'm sure their is a contingent of unemployed followers whom march in lockstep with their (Kripp/Alk/Athene) ideals. However, I would think most gamers are the "casuals" and "WoW fanboys" they espouse so much hatred for. I've never played WoW BTW...just throwin that out there.

Point being, many of us here, Diablo Fans, gamers, cannot relate with unemployed gaming "pros".
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from Lezard_Valeth

Quote from InfidelMan

Quote from Lezard_Valeth

Quote from InfidelMan

Um, no, LOL.

Charts that a lot of people who quit D3 had played D2. As you claimed in your second post.

Common sense, USE IT.

You're asking for something that is just realistically implausible. Besides, you don't even need charts. Just look at the feedback. And sure, some of it might be rage trolls etc. But you could say the same about "10/10" posts as being raging fanboys. But, fact remains that the majority, the OVERWHELMING majority of users give it less than "5/10". You're going to call all those people trolls? You sound like you're in denial. I was a HUGE fan of Diablo franchise and blizzard fucking RUINED it.
    Let's get something straight, and it's something that Zero touched on. These guys don't have real jobs. Credit to them for making a living doing something they love, but I would suggest that most gamers have to go outside from time to time, work 40+ hours a week, do homework with their kids and fuck their wives.

I laughed so hard when I read this. TESTIFY.

Quote from InfidelMan

You're asking for something that is just realistically implausible. Besides, you don't even need charts. Just look at the feedback. And sure, some of it might be rage trolls etc. But you could say the same about "10/10" posts as being raging fanboys. But, fact remains that the majority, the OVERWHELMING majority of users give it less than "5/10". You're going to call all those people trolls? You sound like you're in denial. I was a HUGE fan of Diablo franchise and blizzard fucking RUINED it.

Okay, no proof, no numbers. That's all I needed to know, kthanxbai

So, are you implying that all those people that played Diablo 2 were unemployed, lazy fat neckbeards that just played video games day and night?

Are you just trying to wittily justify the simplicity of Diablo 3 as to say that it doesn't need depth or any real challenge since it geared towards people with 5 jobs, a wife and 10 children?
    Quote from Lezard_Valeth

Okay, no proof, no numbers. That's all I needed to know, kthanxbai

Here is your Diablo 3 numbers on amazon.
    http://www.amazon.co...ywords=diablo 3

Metacritic reviews
    http://www.metacriti...ii/user-reviews
    Quote from InfidelMan

Metacritic reviews

What the fuck does it matter?

There are still approximately 3 million people playing D3. Are you honestly trying to say that 3-4000 nerdraging douchebags on Amazon and Metacritic outweigh 3 MILLION people who are still playing?
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from ruksak

So far, this thread contains very little discussion about what they said and instead, has turned into diablofans exchanging fuck yous.

I know this thread is partially ABOUT those guys, but I have to agree here that it's just better if we discuss WHAT they said.

If this keeps on going, I'm just going to close the thread for being derailed.
    Quote from shaggy

Quote from InfidelMan

Metacritic reviews

What the fuck does it matter?

There are still approximately 3 million people playing D3. Are you honestly trying to say that 3-4000 nerdraging douchebags on Amazon and Metacritic outweigh 3 MILLION people who are still playing?

Where is the 3 million, show me the graph. And if it's really 3 million(although I LOL at that you actually believe that), There was like 10 million copies sold. So, the game lost 7 million. Isn't that your simpleton logic? And add to that the bots and chinese gold farmers who probably are more than 50% of that base.
    Quote from InfidelMan

I honestly have nothing to say to you if you're going to call names and be so.....mean about this. If you rephrase your question to not sound so snarky and insulting, I would be happy to oblige you with an answer.
    BurningRope#1322
    And here I am wondering why what player A said outweighs what player B said...

Pretty sure opinions are opinions, regardless of who's saying it and where it's coming from, mouth or bunghole.

But I guess fanboys of gamers are fanboys nonetheless, can't blame anyone for defending their idols.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Quote from Jaetch

And here I am wondering why what player A said outweighs what player B said...

Pretty sure opinions are opinions, regardless of who's saying it and where it's coming from, mouth or bunghole.

But I guess fanboys of gamers are fanboys nonetheless, can't blame anyone for defending their idols.

Well said +1 ...but I have to inject. The real issue is that, in this time of instant information, social media and gaming "pros" streaming live, these guys are seen as authorities in the gaming realm simply because they have 16 hours a day to play.

I would suggest that it takes ALOT to hold their attention, as their "line of work requires them to spend inordinate amounts of hours playing games.

Their opinions are no more or less valid than yours or mine. I see nothing that should lead me to believe otherwise.
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from InfidelMan

I honestly have nothing to say to you if you're going to call names and be so.....mean about this. If you rephrase your question to not sound so snarky and insulting, I would be happy to oblige you with an answer.

You can't answer, you're just making excuses with piss poor attempts to insult the Diablo 2 player base that is disappointed with D3. I played Diablo 2 a lot during it's peak. That was when I was in high school. I had shit tons of homework, I was on the school's soccer team and I still appreciated it's complexity and mechanics that made me actually THINK. It was fun to plan out my build instead of being spoon fed like a minor stroke victim, and not be patronized by the story line.
    This could actually turn into a smart discussion after Zeros post, thanks!

I have spent about three months actively playing D3 and never personally touched Path of Exile but following the happenings around it enough to understand the premises and the angle they are developing it and my thoughts arn't as much opinions as they are simple calculations of good and bad put against each other, I have no bias towards either game.

Perhaps I was misunderstood to be one of those people that dare to say that D3 has somehow been a complete failure when the amount of copies sold and active players base clearly states otherwise, because that isn't the case at all. While its very true that the game itself is worth atleast as much as any playstation game, I saddens me greatly to know how much more it has the potential of being and how things and being handled.

While it does sound silly, I am at a point where playing a non blizzard made game in the genres they produce is out of the question. I do not simply have the energy to play a game made by a company with a 10 year technological disadvantage and because of that reface annoying bugs and glitches i've already dealt with before. I would rather not play at all.

Just because i'm too simple and can't overlook things like slow animations and clunky combat does not mean that another game couldn't have the superior ideas and functionalities, and this is where my biggest issue comes in. Too many are completely blinded by their solidarity to the game and the franchise to even take into consideration that someone else is infact doing it better and the company they love still has alot to learn. I recognize multiple people just from this thread that I know are reasonable and smart, yet for some reason the text suggest them foaming by the mouth in anger while writing hateful and less meaningful responses.

After giving it more thought I think you are right that i'm not taking the very casual player base into consideration enough and I apologize for it, but its just something deep inside me that can't tolerate the idea of using up all your spare time on a game and not bother to take it even remotely serious and learn something from it.

PS. By 'giving into the money' I meant to commercialize the show and redirect is as much as possible from the actual playing of the game. Athenes whole adult life has been one giant commercial, sometimes even for a good cause, but that doesn't really interest when I want to enjoy a game, so putting Kripp and Athene in the same category kind of stings.
    Quote from InfidelMan

So, are you implying that all those people that played Diablo 2 were unemployed, lazy fat neckbeards that just played video games day and night?

Are you just trying to wittily justify the simplicity of Diablo 3 as to say that it doesn't need depth or any real challenge since it geared towards people with 5 jobs, a wife and 10 children?

Since this has been edited, I will respond.

No, I am not suggesting any such stereotype. I have had the same stereotype launched at me for me endeavors on gaming forums. Though, I do own a mirror and can clearly see that my physical image doesn't reflect any such stereotype.

What I'm suggesting is that it is not typical for a gamer to have such time at their expense. I'm suggesting that these fellas are out of touch with the common man due to their heavy immersion in the gaming culture, often only dealing with like-souls.

I too have SERIOUS issues with the current state of Diablo 3. However, I recognize the extreme diversity of player opinion. As was brought to light in my 'AH poll' thread, opinions run the gambit to an extreme degree. As such, we as players should recognize that the truth is going to end up being a menagerie of wildly varying opinions.

In closing, listen to the video, watch it. We're talking about a collusion between "celebrity" gamers whom are simply delighting in the new flavor of the month, PoE. Soon, they will cast that game asunder, talk shit about it's various shortcomings and begin to promote their new ADHD salve.
    BurningRope#1322
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes