A long journey finally ended - P500

Quote from Schnutti

Quote from Shambokay

Just curious, even with the new boost to xp with higher MP, is MP0 still the most efficient for xp??

That really depends on your class and build and most important on the budget you want / can spend for the char. But for most cases it still should be. Exception for sure is Archon Wizard. Archon hits like a truck, but his weakness is the slow movement compared to other classes. (Dh got Vault, WD got Spirit Walk, Barb got Sprint, Monk got Tempest Rush and Archon got NOTHING) So Archon may be best to level on a higher MP dependent on the gear.

But for most cases MP0 is faster than anything else, even after the EXP Buff of higher MPs.
    The best way to find what fits best for you is always to try out ;)

Im leveling a barb. So i'm interested in how u leveled yours.

What was ur build? Did u use beserk (what was ur uptime?) or did u use a leap/charge/sprint build type of build?

and did u play on mp0?

I think a barb needs to play on higher mp's levels if the mobs die to fast to sprint rltw cause u need the fury. The extra exp on higher mp levels helps also.

Give me your opinion plz
    Quote from Schnutti

Today i reached Paragon 100 on my Monk. Nothing special, many people get their first Paragon 100 these days. But for me it's not the first, it's the 5th and last one.

I figured out, that I should be the first to reach 5 Paragon 100s.
    All on one Account, 5 different classes.
    All selfplayed no botting, cheating or exploiting.

I never planned to get more than one P100 when i started to lvl my wizard to P100. I was not super fast, but i still managed to get rank 19 EU and rank 37 world with her. After that i got bored pretty fast because i felt like there was no more reason to play the wizard. Had a few frustrating days where i farmed all day and found nothing... the loot sucked. So i decided to start another char , my WD. I got at least exp.. thats not as frustrating as finding nothing all day. Because I got at least exp then as a little bonus to finding nothing. Kept playing and lvling... day after day, char after char...

I played for like 10 hours on average per day since they released Paragon. Sometimes more, sometimes less or even not playing at all.

Here my prefered Route: Core of Arreat (backwards) -> Skycrown Battlements (backwards) -> KD2 -> Bridge of Korsikk -> Rakkis Crossing -> Tower of the Damned Lvl 1 -> Arreat Crater Lvl 2

The route sometimes changed a bit, but most of the time i used that one.

I played most of the time on MP0, sometimes MP1 or MP2 but i always went back to MP0 because I made more EXP there.

Here are my records in terms of EXP per hour:

Wizard 42mil / h (that was pre hellfire ring and pre monsterpower, only using the 31%gem)
    WD 75mil / h (with Hellfire Ring and Leorics Seal and 31%gem)
    Barb 90mil / h (Hellfire / Leorics / 31%gem)
    DH 80mil / h (Hellfire / Leorics / 31%gem)
    Monk 80mil / h (Hellfire / no Leorics / 31%gem)

The best Items I ever found : IK Belt sold for 300mil, Lacunis sold for 350mil, few Items worth around 100mil and many more worth around 1-50 mil.
    Nothing special, no 1bil items... Maybe bad luck, maybe not.

Here is my armory Link:

http://eu.battle.net...2852/hero/11493

For Questions: just ask in that thread, i will try to answer them.
    Excuse my bad english, Thanks

Nice work, man. Respect.
    Quote from Dwello

Dont' get me wrong, it's a great achievement, but personally softcore requires no skill. A kid with a cronic crack condition can play softcore, probably also when you are asleep.

You linked your build for your monk, curious how many times you died in duel pack situations. Wait ... doesnt' matter if you die .. you respawn in town ... and just run with stupid gear ....

Grats though. Try HC where the real game is at.

That discussion is very off-topic. He has accomplished something nobody else has. A goal nobody ever will reach in HC because of server issues.
    Quote from WNxManiacMan

That discussion is very off-topic. He has accomplished something nobody else has. A goal nobody ever will reach in HC because of server issues.

Just like nobody will ever need more than 640kb of RAM.

Okay, seriously: the words "never" (or "nobody ever") should never (haha, I get the irony) be used in anything related to computers.

Im leveling a barb. So i'm interested in how u leveled yours.

What was ur build? Did u use beserk (what was ur uptime?) or did u use a leap/charge/sprint build type of build?

and did u play on mp0?

I think a barb needs to play on higher mp's levels if the mobs die to fast to sprint rltw cause u need the fury. The extra exp on higher mp levels helps also.

Give me your opinion plz

I leveled the Barb before they buffed EXP on higher MPs. Nowadays i would level him on a higher MP depending on gear. However i leveled mine on MP0 with full IK Set + Bul Kathos Weapons + Animosity to get as much fury as possible. I used WOTB but i didnt care about the uptime. I just ran through maps as fast as possible and used 1 Rend on Elites. The WOTB uptime was <20% for sure. But that didnt matter since i only had to whirl through groups once. I think that was the point.
    Very impressed you had enough motivation to lvl 5 100PL

What i think might be an even bigger achievement is the fact that you have 3 decent hellfire rings xD
    Quote from WNxManiacMan

Quote from Dwello

Dont' get me wrong, it's a great achievement, but personally softcore requires no skill. A kid with a cronic crack condition can play softcore, probably also when you are asleep.

You linked your build for your monk, curious how many times you died in duel pack situations. Wait ... doesnt' matter if you die .. you respawn in town ... and just run with stupid gear ....

I dont believe it is off topic. The fact that you reach 5 x 100 para characters isn't a matter of how much skill the person has, more the fact he has more time then anyone else to play this game.

It requires no skill to get to para 100 on softcore. Just a matter of mind numbing boredom probably supplemented with either dope or alcohol.
    Quote from Dwello

Quote from WNxManiacMan

Quote from Dwello

I dont believe it is off topic. The fact that you reach 5 x 100 para characters isn't a matter of how much skill the person has, more the fact he has more time then anyone else to play this game.

It requires no skill to get to para 100 on softcore. Just a matter of mind numbing boredom probably supplemented with either dope or alcohol.

Jesus, why're you so salty? Hardcore doesn't take skill either, you just gear up for survivability and hardly anyone plays higher than mp2. Look at your characters, you use a WD with Spirit Vessel (dead? lol) and a sword/board barb. Your character is engineered to try and withstand a disconnect, does that really sound like fun/skillful play? lol...

I like hardcore, but you're kidding yourself if you think there's any skill in it.
    Whats the best Item you ever found? To remove the illusion that playing 2000+hrs is worth it. :D
    Quote from bizkb

Quote from Dwello

Quote from WNxManiacMan

Quote from Dwello

Jesus, why're you so salty? Hardcore doesn't take skill either, you just gear up for survivability and hardly anyone plays higher than mp2. Look at your characters, you use a WD with Spirit Vessel (dead? lol) and a sword/board barb. Your character is engineered to try and withstand a disconnect, does that really sound like fun/skillful play? lol...

I like hardcore, but you're kidding yourself if you think there's any skill in it.

Agree with you, this guy is trying so hard to "sell" HC. Withstanding the time and passion needed for leveling 5 PL100 isn't easy....
    Good luck!
    Quote from Dwello

The OP never was about skill. Shoosh back into your corner. HC does not take skill either, just pray that the servers stay stable...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes