A long journey finally ended - P500

i'm curious.

when did you reach lvl 100 with your monk, which version of the game was it ?
    which skills did you use for farming and what route did you run ?

gratz
    TheCrusader
    First off, huge gratz to ya!

What I'd like to know is how you leveled your monk. What gear/skills/mp you ran on and found most effiecient and whatever else you could tell me that'll help me get to 100 myself!

Cheers, and gogo paragon 500 hc next!
    Hi
    1st congratulation to 5x p100 :)
    2nd how can you manage so many exp per hour on mp0??
    Wizard 42mil / h (that was pre hellfire ring and pre monsterpower, only using the 31%gem)
    WD 75mil / h (with Hellfire Ring and Leorics Seal and 31%gem)
    Barb 90mil / h (Hellfire / Leorics / 31%gem)
    DH 80mil / h (Hellfire / Leorics / 31%gem)
    Monk 80mil / h (Hellfire / no Leorics / 31%gem)I

I playing mp0 with my DH
    core - backwards
    tower 1
    crater 2
    rakkis

all in 11minits
    with hellfire ring on me and on my enchantress also with leoric 28% on me and on my enchantress and 31% ruby on my helmet
    and i can manage 5 runs per hour and is arroud 40-45m experience
    So im interested how can you manage 80m exp :)

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Cotanapadne-2572/hero/22954792

PS i playing HC
    Great achievement .... but softcore ....?
    Congratulations on your achievement!

And ignore those spoilsports, I guess those guys have never watched TV, played tennis, or spent ANY time on something they enjoy doing?
    I would be interested to hear how you make that much xp/h on monk w/o leoric.
    edit: unless that was mp10 scorpion killing
    I gotta ask...

which class was the 'hardest' to level up?
    Highest gold investment to reach those XP/hr rates?
    Most Deaths?
    Which played most mindlessly?
    Quote from TheCrusader

i'm curious.

when did you reach lvl 100 with your monk, which version of the game was it ?
    which skills did you use for farming and what route did you run ?

gratz
    TheCrusader

Quote from Agonist

First off, huge gratz to ya!

What I'd like to know is how you leveled your monk. What gear/skills/mp you ran on and found most effiecient and whatever else you could tell me that'll help me get to 100 myself!

Cheers, and gogo paragon 500 hc next!

Quote from Crensh

I would be interested to hear how you make that much xp/h on monk w/o leoric.
    edit: unless that was mp10 scorpion killing

The Monk was the last class I brought to P100, so the game Version was the current one.

I used the following skills:

Fists of Thunder - Thunderclap (great skill that lets you teleport for short distances)
    Tempest Rush - Tailwind (ultimate runspeed and also nice dmg especially since they buffed it)
    Sweeping Wind - Firestorm (tested other runes like the one that creates storms or the one that got more dmg but always went back to Firestorm because the greater range made me farm faster than the other ones)
    Wave of Light - Empowered Wave (great to oneshot elites especially since they buffed it, I used 7 sided Strike before)
    Breath of Heaven - Blazing Wrath (DMG Buff)
    Mantra of Conviction - Overawe (24% more DMG - In my opinion a must)

Passives:

Chant of Resonance (Spirit, important)
    The Guardians Path (Spirit regen, very important)
    Fleet Footed (Run faster -> Be faster)

Gear:

I think the whole Gear was like 800mil total. I only had 130 AR !!!! But 180k DPS and enough spirit regen to never run out of spirit.
    I was a true glass cannon, even died sometimes and that on MP0! (Explosions or the green basterds in KD2)

Used a Skorn with 5.4% LS , had spirit regen on 3 parts (Innas Helm, Xephirian Amulet, Sweeping Wind SOJ) Zunimassas Boots are also great with skorn, the 8%dmg help a lot.

Dont get any attack speed on any part (except innas pants) because the faster you attack the more spirit regen you gonna need!!!

I only did MP0 with the Monk, it is by far the most efficient MP, even if you got very high DPS MP0 will still be most efficient because MOVESPEED is the biggest advantage of the Tempest Rush Monk.
    Never ever stop running! If there are a few mobs left, fk them just go on you will find a greater bunch a few moments later.
    I also have to mention that my merc got a 30% leorics and a 35% hellfire ring. You will benefit by 1/5 of that, too.
    The Route i used: Core backwards, Skycrown backwards, KD2, Bridge of Korsikk, Rakkis Crossing, Tower of the Damned 1, Arreat Crater2 and the first elite pack in Tower of the Cursed 1.
    Quote from BDF2000

I gotta ask...

which class was the 'hardest' to level up?
    Highest gold investment to reach those XP/hr rates?
    Most Deaths?
    Which played most mindlessly?

No Class was hard to level up, but if i have to pick one i'd say monk because there is only one option to level a monk fast and thats called Tempest Rush

I dont know the exact gold values anymore but i think:
    Barb : 1 bil
    WD: 2 bil
    Wizard : (that was too long ago, dont remember but 2bil+ at that time)
    DH: 2bil
    Monk 800mil

Most Deaths: By far Monk simply because i only had 130 AR because i focused on DMG only. Its very important to do as much dmg as possible with Monk. And gear that had both, enough DMG and AR i coudnt afford. So i skipped the AR.

Most mindlessly: Hmmmmmmm any i would say lol. Especially Monk again but also Barb. Wizard was fun because it was the first char. And WD and DH were most fun.
    I dont have any paragon 100's :'( but I have a monk which is 87 and every other class between 10 and 20...
    Just curious, even with the new boost to xp with higher MP, is MP0 still the most efficient for xp??
    Quote from Shambokay

Just curious, even with the new boost to xp with higher MP, is MP0 still the most efficient for xp??

That really depends on your class and build and most important on the budget you want / can spend for the char. But for most cases it still should be. Exception for sure is Archon Wizard. Archon hits like a truck, but his weakness is the slow movement compared to other classes. (Dh got Vault, WD got Spirit Walk, Barb got Sprint, Monk got Tempest Rush and Archon got NOTHING) So Archon may be best to level on a higher MP dependent on the gear.

But for most cases MP0 is faster than anything else, even after the EXP Buff of higher MPs.
    The best way to find what fits best for you is always to try out ;)
    ty! also while I got you I might as well ask, whats a good wd spec? I have 130k dps without pierce the viel so what do you recommend?
    I actually make exactly the same amount of exp on MP1 and on MP0. Since 1.0.7 been farming on mp1 and it takes my slightly longer to finish a run but the exp gain is bigger so it works out about 80-90k/h on both 0 and 1 with Leoric. I am however now testing fire storm with Xephirian now that you mentioned it to be as effective. After few runs it seems to me I am getting about the same exp as I was getting with Inner Storm and dmg amu on mp1.
    Still waiting for someone to get my reference :P
    Quote from Kallizk

Quote from Schnutti

Quote from Effernity

how long did it take to level up 1 class? for example, monk, or barb

Wizard ~ 450 hours (pre Hellfire Ring, pre MP that means inferno act 3 was like MP 2.5 but only rewarded the same EXP MP0 rewards nowadays)

MP was introduced with paragon :X

Lol nice one !!! :)
    Grats and thank you for making this thread!

You have spent a great deal of gold accross all of those characters... did you sell things from a previous character to make money for your next one or did you just have a lot of gold? Clearly you made a decent amount off of your findings but did you ever resort to buying gold to fill in any gaps or was it all farmed?

Would you only sell something on the ah if it was worth over 1mil or do you sell lots of lesser things?

Edit: Also your demon hunter farming setup would be great!
    Dont' get me wrong, it's a great achievement, but personally softcore requires no skill. A kid with a cronic crack condition can play softcore, probably also when you are asleep.

You linked your build for your monk, curious how many times you died in duel pack situations. Wait ... doesnt' matter if you die .. you respawn in town ... and just run with stupid gear ....

Grats though. Try HC where the real game is at.
    I think the feat is more a matter of devotion and consistency and time management than whiteknuckle skill...

If condescending makes you feel better though...
    Ignore the haters. Play what you like. Lofty goal, I'll probably never get there. So to you I say congrats!

My personal goal is one of each class through inferno on SC and HC. It's a slow go, but hopefully sooner then later. Best of luck in your next challenge!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes