If I'm a PC diablo player will I be able to play my character on PS3/4

I'm sure this question has been answered, but I'm curious to hear it from a blue or some source. Personally, I prefer to play games on my TV than my computer, and I find that if the two servers are not transferrable, then you're pretty much forcing users to play PC when they would rather play the playstation.

To me, that's like saying, "Hey guys, we came out with a better product for people to use, but you can't transfer all your work over if you're using the old product." Very limiting, and completely not fair. Why do ps3/4 users have an edge on this aspect over PC users?
    No, no you can´t..

The rest of your post reeks of flame bating, or simply short sighted thinking. Ps users getting an unfair advantage out of not being shared with pc users? in what world does that even make any sense?
    if you just wanna play on your tv why not just hook up through the vga/hdmi cable and use a wireless system? i honestly dont think you'd be able to transfer chars over from say, blizzards servers to the ps cloud service or whatever. Im also going out on a limb to guess that it could pose A LOT of problems, such as curruption of files, lack of compatability, duping, MAYBE hacking i dunno...

tbh it seems quite silly to ask, im trying to not flame you because im probably wrong but.... why man? why?

tbh it seems quite silly to ask, im trying to not flame you because im probably wrong but.... why man? why?

Don´t worry, i have a feeling he did not make this post for the feedback.
    http://www.diablofan...g-to-my-ps3/#49

While we think cross-platform play would be awesome, there are currently no plans to allow connectivity between PlayStation Network and Battle.net (this is pretty standard for most games that have PC and console support). As a result, the characters on your Battle.net account and PlayStation account will also remain separate.

In terms of allowing an analog controller hookup for the PC, we don’t have any plans for that kind of support right now. Similarly, since Diablo III for console was designed with a controller in mind, the PlayStation version of Diablo III will not support USB mice or keyboards.
    Quote from Conartist

To me, that's like saying, "Hey guys, we came out with a better product for people to use, but you can't transfer all your work over if you're using the old product." Very limiting, and completely not fair. Why do ps3/4 users have an edge on this aspect over PC users?

:facepalm:
    I'm sorry, is that not a legitimate claim? Some of us prefer to hold controllers over mouses. You guys are so bias, speaking from a PC perspective. It's apparent that you guys prefer the game on PC, but if I had a choice I would play it on the PS3. My concern is, why do I have to start over to put my 400hours into the PS3. If I had a choice, I would have started the game on the PS3/4, but since I've already put 400 hours or so of my time on the PC version, it's kind of limiting me of making that choice, whereas people who have not played get to start fresh on the PS3. Just because the game wasn't offered on PS3 when I started, why does that leave me so limited?

Edit: Also, another concern I have, I think putting the game on the PS3/4 is a shitty ploy for Blizzard to get more money. Let's fix the problems that exist with the PC version before we mass produce the game on other consoles. You're supposed to learn from history, not repeat it. That's another topic for a different day, though.
    Quote from Conartist

I'm sorry, is that not a legitimate claim?

No it is not..

If you want a game on a certain platform, you buy the game on said platform.
    Yes it would be nice, if we were able to transfer the progress over. But in no way is that option to be expected, therefore it is not a legitimate claim.

Besides, it was known from day one, that they wanted a consol version of the game. You should have waited.

If the mods on this forum has just a little balls, they would ban idiots that say things like this
    Edit: Also, another concern I have, I think putting the game on the PS3/4 is a shitty ploy for Blizzard to get more money.

welcome to the real world, this is how business works.
    400 hours spent on a platform you don't like? You must be the biggest Diablo fan ever.

Besides, this is common practice (as the blue post also says) and it's done for a good reason - different platforms should stay separated. It would crush PvP gameplay and the economy.
    I got a feeling these are going to be 2 very different games on 2 incompatible systems. I dont see anybody getting screwed or slighted here.

Of course its about making money, its what corporations do.
    Diablo Walks the Earth.
    Quote from Altreg01

I got a feeling these are going to be 2 very different games on 2 incompatible systems.

That's the impression I get too, while the content will be the same (depending on how much patching/x-packs the PS gets) the control system will likely make the game feel quite different.
    Quote from Conartist

I'm sure this question has been answered, but I'm curious to hear it from a blue or some source. Personally, I prefer to play games on my TV than my computer, and I find that if the two servers are not transferrable, then you're pretty much forcing users to play PC when they would rather play the playstation.

lol

"Hey guys, we came out with a better product..."

You gave yourself away right there. The product is not even out and you already say it is the better version. Nice try troll.
    "There is no cow level!"
    Quote from Conartist

I'm sorry, is that not a legitimate claim? Some of us prefer to hold controllers over mouses. You guys are so bias, speaking from a PC perspective. It's apparent that you guys prefer the game on PC, but if I had a choice I would play it on the PS3. My concern is, why do I have to start over to put my 400hours into the PS3. If I had a choice, I would have started the game on the PS3/4, but since I've already put 400 hours or so of my time on the PC version, it's kind of limiting me of making that choice, whereas people who have not played get to start fresh on the PS3. Just because the game wasn't offered on PS3 when I started, why does that leave me so limited?

Edit: Also, another concern I have, I think putting the game on the PS3/4 is a shitty ploy for Blizzard to get more money. Let's fix the problems that exist with the PC version before we mass produce the game on other consoles. You're supposed to learn from history, not repeat it. That's another topic for a different day, though.

What? You're the one that said that the PS version is "a better product", that it's "unfair", and that PC users have "an edge". Now you accuse people of being biased?

*slow clap*
    Guys, look at his name. He's a CON ARTIST.
    seriously guys? i just cant believe the amount of narrowminded bullshit you guys say.
    you should have waited? mods should ban... and also this is what corporations do ( please google 10 things a fanboy might say).
    since everyone here seems to be 1337omgPCisSOawesome kid i cant understand the intolerance.
    im a console player, ever been. and after getting to know diablo 1 back on the ps, diablo 2 was the only game i have ever played on the pc( well not the only but no other to that extend).i really think the OP is right, because i play d3 since release, i wont most likely start all over again.but i would prefer console above pc.
    well thats what i think.
    also please someone show me a near-to-release post where blizz says that they are going to bring d3 to consoles.
    http://eu.battle.net...15/hero/3537963
    NoSignToLife

always happy to help/inform
    ingame or here ;)
    Quote from Bagstone

So trusting the forums names beyond any doubt is the way to go eh?

That makes you either, a stone made for carrying around in a bag, or a city? :)
    Quote from Syronicus

Quote from Conartist

lol

"Hey guys, we came out with a better product..."

You gave yourself away right there. The product is not even out and you already say it is the better version. Nice try troll.

since there are people who like consoles way more its going to be a better product for them. period.
    NoSignToLife

ingame or here ;)
    ^^Nice argument, matey. Too bad that's not what he said. At all.
    Quote from maka

^^Nice argument, matey. Too bad that's not what he said. At all.

ok i agree :) maybe i just saw what i wanted to. still a pretty douchebag way to reply from syronicus...
    NoSignToLife

ingame or here ;)
    Quote from dinamar

Quote from Bagstone

So trusting the forums names beyond any doubt is the way to go eh?

That makes you either, a stone made for carrying around in a bag, or a city? :)

Touché. Or it could be a typo of Bastogne. But to be honest, I have no idea where it came from, when I used it the first time I didn't know any English at all, but for some stupid reason I never changed it.

Anyways, his nickname makes perfect sense. He's just playing us, look at all the contradictions in his post ("I love PS", "It's a mistake to bring D3 to PS", "I would have liked to see D3 on PS first", etc.). He's not looking for a discussion but (successfully) trying to pick up a fight.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes