Reflect damage and Health Link

Is it just me or it seems that the damage reflected from monsters with Reflect Damage and Health Link affix seems must higher than the monsters with the Reflect Damage affix only.

On lower MP's it doesn't affect me at all but from MP5+ I can specially see my health taking a drop when using Overpower - Killing Spree, once I pop it just hitting one monster the health link animation appears and my health globe lowers significantly, this doesn't happen when doing the same with Reflect Damage packs only.

Has anyone experienced the same?
    If you're running with something life steal, you're probably noticing more damage because you won't be healing as much since it recovers the damage you deal to the primary target. When all three are reflecting damage, you're getting hit at full force while only recovering a percentage of it.

I thought they fixed this. It was reported to be a bug I thought. I know Minion Reflect hit a lot harder than intended and they fixed that one for sure.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    the killer now are still the plagues.

+1

+1

And Frozen. Dear God, I hate Frozen more than any other affix in the game right now.

glhgod, BUDDY!
    Yes Cantor I'm running 9% LS for higher MP's, I guess that is what's happening with Health Link and Reflect Damage, I'm getting 3x the reflect damage but only 1x the LS.
    The Reflect Damage for Barbs wasn't a problem it were more for ranged classes, which they've nerfed since I can now survive easy with my wizard, still have to kite if I have a Health Link+Reflect Damage until the reflect damage stops.

It's the only elites that can kill me in MP5 are these ones with HL+RD plus plagued, also getting trapped into frost whilst standing in plagued+molten and taking hits will kill me but that's a rare occurrence.
    A small misunderstanding here, regarding reflect damage and health link.

It is not that you are getting 3 times as much damage reflected, but that you are only getting a third back from life steal. small difference i am sure, but noteworthy nonetheless.

It is not that you are getting 3 times as much damage reflected, but that you are only getting a third back from life steal. small difference i am sure, but noteworthy nonetheless.

Thank you.
    It makes a huge difference to me. For a long time now, i was trying to figure out why Health Link was giving me troubles. First i thought it's in combination with RD, then i noticed Electrified + Health Link was troublesome too, but in the end i figured out its Health Link alone (well i mean in combination with any high dmg affix or mob type). I just didn't think of what you said. I am relieved now that i know (if it's correct), it was really bugging me.

About plagued - suddenly Andariel's makes more sense. Or just a single 50+ poison resist roll on shoulder/pants ;)
    Against RD you need physical resist.
    I though that issue of getting only 1/3rd of life back was solved on patch v1.07… well apparently not.

Thank you.
    It makes a huge difference to me. For a long time now, i was trying to figure out why Health Link was giving me troubles. First i thought it's in combination with RD, then i noticed Electrified + Health Link was troublesome too, but in the end i figured out its Health Link alone. I just didn't think of what you said. I am relieved now that i know, it was really bugging me.

About plagued - suddenly Andariel's makes more sense. Or just a single 50+ poison resist roll on shoulder/pants ;)
    Against RD you need physical resist.

Pretty sure plagued is physical resist too.
    plague is obviously poision resist... are you trolling?
    Arcane Enchanted - arcane
    Desecrator - physical
    Electrified - lightning
    Fire Chains - fire
    Frozen - cold
    Molten - fire
    Mortar - fire
    Plagued - poison
    Reflect Damage - physical
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes