am i the only one wanting more legendary drops (pre-lv60)

Quote from DreamWalker

Like what ? i only remember few key items that dropped in nm, as a nice end game item from nm, and those were only used in certain builds endgame, not every build that class had. To me, drops in nm were only a nice stepping stone towards reaching end game level. As are some pre 60 legendarys in d3, they just need to drop a little more :)

Just off the top of my head, harlequin shako hat thing. It could drop in NM, and all classes had an endgame use for it, also viperskin chest could drop in NM, if i remember right, and could be used by all classes in endgame
    Quote from Ultragrisen

IN D2 you could find legendaries in nightmare that was very useful even for endgamers, that was a nice thing.
    I actually farmed nightmare to find specific items.

Don't you think that people being forced to farm Normal/Nightmare/Hell for specific items in D3 would cause more harm than good? I can see amazing amounts of backlash from the community on that one.

I like what we have right now - pending mob density changes - for the most part. There are some itemization changes I'd like to see, but I fear that Blizzard can't do anything drastic to fix items outside of an expansion, again, due to forum backlash.

EDIT
    I feel that kind of targetted-farming is really a concept best left in MMOs. I don't think ARPGs really fare well if you have to abandon killing "endgame" monsters to obtain "endgame" items. It's a continuity disconnect for me, and I suspect for others.
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from dinamar

Quote from DreamWalker

Like what ? i only remember few key items that dropped in nm, as a nice end game item from nm, and those were only used in certain builds endgame, not every build that class had. To me, drops in nm were only a nice stepping stone towards reaching end game level. As are some pre 60 legendarys in d3, they just need to drop a little more :)

Just off the top of my head, harlequin shako hat thing. It could drop in NM, and all classes had an endgame use for it, also viperskin chest could drop in NM, if i remember right, and could be used by all classes in endgame

Don't recall shako being able to drop from nm, not saying it can't just dont recall it being possible, but yeah it was a nice end game helm for most builds (atleast mf builds) :) and viper.. not an end game item, stepping stone, no non sorc class would ever go for anything but enigma/coh runewords (maybe for certain classes a fortitude runeword). I remember zaka could drop in nm, but again, only pally shield and not every endgame pally would use zaka, highlords wrath amu could also drop, but again, stepping stone helping you get to that endgame. But we're kinda getting off topic, i was just curious to know how much i forgot from my d2 days :)

Quote from shaggy

Quote from Ultragrisen

IN D2 you could find legendaries in nightmare that was very useful even for endgamers, that was a nice thing.
    I actually farmed nightmare to find specific items.

Don't you think that people being forced to farm Normal/Nightmare/Hell for specific items in D3 would cause more harm than good? I can see amazing amounts of backlash from the community on that one.

I like what we have right now - pending mob density changes - for the most part. There are some itemization changes I'd like to see, but I fear that Blizzard can't do anything drastic to fix items outside of an expansion, again, due to forum backlash.

EDIT
    I feel that kind of targetted-farming is really a concept best left in MMOs. I don't think ARPGs really fare well if you have to abandon killing "endgame" monsters to obtain "endgame" items. It's a continuity disconnect for me, and I suspect for others.

Agree with shaggy on this one!
    Regards DreamWalker

Donnie: Why are you wearing that stupid bunny suit?
    Frank: Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    Anyone who's ever found a leoric's signet can tell you legendaries fall from the skies with the proper MF. The early part of this game is easily a flyby whether you use the AH or not but I can tell you from my recent encounters in HC mode that you rarely if ever find an upgrade even without using the AH. I don't recall that problem when I was first playing, but then again I remember I used the crafting frequently too, so maybe it's just a matter of knowing the game better now. I don't see any problem with finding some way to increase the MF early in the game, but whomever posted that there is no pre-60 diablo game here was absolutely correct. It was fun the first time, but after you hit a certain point you should unlock the ability to just start a new level 60. Powerleveling is rampant in softcore and it's really just a waste of everyone's time.
    @ Dreamwalker.

I could only drop off of certain monsters in act 5 nightmare. It is level 69(tc) and using this list http://forums.d2jsp....7797#p194587797 you can see it does indeed drop in NM :)

Pree mass duping, viperskin was a very commonly used chest. Yes enigma was better, but if not for dupes, you would most likely never encounter one.

I am one of the few that made a self found enigma. it took ages and rolled bad. But alas, the +teleport was what i was looking for. But again, i doubt, that without insane luck, you wont be able to make a legit enigma in a ladder session, even the several year long ones.
    @Jaetch: so in order to find low level legendaries you have to twink the crap out of your alts with MF gear? Then what's the point? If you can afford to get MF gear sets (i.e., you use the AH) then you don't need the low level legendaries anyway (you can just buy them), and if you don't use the AH (i.e., the players that REALLY need/want those low level legendaries to drop) then you CAN'T load up on MF gear (because it doesn't exactly drop from the sky).
    I don't know wtf the big deal about this topic is but
    1) pre 60 is only a few hours and doesn't really matter so it doesn't matter whether you get legendaries or not during this time
    2) pre 60 legendaries mostly suck anyways except for the godly Leoric's Signet or the lvl 30 pony level weapons that are only godly if farmed from inferno
    3) the market is flooded with them so if you really want some then you can buy them
    Quote from phuzi0n

I don't know wtf the big deal about this topic is but
    1) pre 60 is only a few hours and doesn't really matter so it doesn't matter whether you get legendaries or not during this time
    2) pre 60 legendaries mostly suck anyways except for the godly Leoric's Signet or the lvl 30 pony level weapons that are only godly if farmed from inferno
    3) the market is flooded with them so if you really want some then you can buy them

all three points are easily addressed and are hardly great argument against simply upping the drop rate

1. 1-60 takes aroun 3 hours, if you get a friend to boost you when your using all +xp gear. hardly something we should base our game play decisions on.

2. The legendary items could use a slight boost overall, but by no means is the argument that they should be "godly".

3. as a mental exercise i ask you to figure out how the AH wont satisfy the lust for legendary items dropping.

Coming into a thread that only spans over two pages, saying things like "I don't know wtf the big deal about this topic" is a bit unneeded, don´t you think
    You missed my point entirely. It doesn't really matter one way or the other, they could drop every kill and they'd still be garbage that you'd either not use or replace in an hour.

A more interesting topic would be about making low level gear last longer.
    Quote from phuzi0n

QFT
    Quote from maka

@Jaetch: so in order to find low level legendaries you have to twink the crap out of your alts with MF gear? Then what's the point? If you can afford to get MF gear sets (i.e., you use the AH) then you don't need the low level legendaries anyway (you can just buy them), and if you don't use the AH (i.e., the players that REALLY need/want those low level legendaries to drop) then you CAN'T load up on MF gear (because it doesn't exactly drop from the sky).

Actually, not necessarily, but this is just in my case. I twinked my WD with items I've personally found and saved in one of my stash tabs (my twink tab), and my Cain's set is crafted. Other than that, I play on MP10, which is most of the MF.

But for people starting out their first character, they're going to get screwed out of the drops, so that is a problem.

Quote from maka

Quote from phuzi0n

QFT

Yep. Other than Leoric's Signet—and to an extent Sledgefist for PvP monks, Buriza for Scoundrel support—I would like to see some kind of buff there. I actually made a post on the official forums regarding proc effects for legendary items. They absolutely blow. For example:

Bul-Kathos Wedding Band for negligible heal and Band of Hollow Whispers proc a Haunt effect similar to WD's Haunt. For the latter, it isn't "low level," as it's an ilvl 61 item, but regardless in the spirit of making things interesting and last longer, I expected the Haunt proc to be at least somewhat useful. No. I went in PvP and fought a similarly gear wizard. It proc'd for 250 damage.

Please make it more useful.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    ^^Good point about playing around with MP levels to gain MF; for some reason, I was assuming MP0. That's probably because I levelled all my characters before the MP system.

250 damage :doh:
    Quote from gran0ls

omg, the drop in this game sucks so much.
    I just made a new char in LoD again, level it to 23 fast and what i have? 1 unique ring, 1 set shield, 1 set staff and 1 set ring (staff and ring combines btw). And that's on normal, no mp (well nagelring gives 23% after i found it), no so called 'farming', just another playthrough.
    When in D3 i put about 300 hours no single set piece yet. And drop is too random imo, you can get 3 legendary a day, than no legendary in months (happened to me) + that item can roll random and became useless to your class, or you can't use it with your current char, and in low lvl's even blue ones became better pretty quickly...

Can you explain why many others, including myself, have no issue finding sets and Legs? I have a lvl 44 HC Monk that's already dug up 4 Legendaries, including 2 set pieces.

I want to hear you explain why you think so many others are finding good amounts of legs?
    BurningRope#1322
    ^^You load up on AH-bought MF gear? You load up on AH-bough gear and can therefore play on MP10, upping your MF? They're both possibilities :P
    Quote from ruksak

I want to hear you explain why you think so many others are finding good amounts of legs?

i have never heard anyone besides you make the claim of finding "good amounts of legs" when leveling.
    Quote from dinamar

Quote from ruksak

i have never heard anyone besides you make the claim of finding "good amounts of legs" when leveling.

I didn't say "good amounts" when leveling. I've found several while leveling, and the number should be a little higher, yes. Christ, during 1.03 I found all but 1 piece of the Blackthornes set myself, as well as Innas, BK and Nats parts.

In general, with high MF @ lvl60+, I am certainly not the only person claiming to find a steady stream of Sets and Legs.
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from dinamar

Quote from ruksak

I didn't say "good amounts" when leveling. I've found several while leveling, and the number should be a little higher, yes. Christ, during 1.03 I found all but 1 piece of the Blackthornes set myself, as well as Innas, BK and Nats parts.

In general, with high MF @ lvl60+, I am certainly not the only person claiming to find a steady stream of Sets and Legs.

Have you completely missed what this topic is about?
    Quote from dinamar

Please....tell me.
    BurningRope#1322
    Quote from ruksak

Quote from dinamar

Please....tell me.

It's about the low >60 legendary drop rate while levelling, and not, as you wrote, "high MF @ lvl60+".
    I found 3 legendaries on my WD (the first toon I leveled, no MF gear, no MP) while leveling.

I guess it could be more. I also guess it's a pretty stupid point of contention.
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes