Best Demonic Essence Farming Route Guide!

Hello again! I'm back with an amazing Demonic Essence farming route, this route's by far the best you can take as it has the most guaranteed elite packs! So be sure to check it out and leave any feedback here on the forum and I'll do my best to get back to you!

Link:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkzHGWmpDsI
    Diablo 3 Guides and Content at Youtube.com/nmitty
    'This video is private'
    It's VoA + Black Canyon mines isn't it?

edit: actually VoA has 7 elites quite often and it can have upto 10. Also, it has a goblin often and is the only area i know of that can spawn 2 goblins (gobs drop essences).

Good guide as usual!
    Can't watch videos at work. Can you type out the run details?
    Quote from Turtel

'This video is private'
    It's VoA + Black Canyon mines isn't it?

edit: actually VoA has 7 elites quite often and it can have upto 10. Also, it has a goblin often and is the only area i know of that can spawn 2 goblins (gobs drop essences).

Good guide as usual!

Once I had 2 goblins standing 1meter from each others. I have had 2 goblins in many places.
    Fixed. YouTube settings went crazy! Sorry guys!
    Quote from KalikooJack

Once I had 2 goblins standing 1meter from each others. I have had 2 goblins in many places.

Yep, had that too, but only in VoA. Just out of curiosity, which other zones can have 2 gobs?

@TryHard: I know it's a guide for pure Essence farming, but just to add - people who need act2 keys for IM can combine the run, by simply going Oasis in the end of the run or at any point after VoA. :)
    Quote from Turtel

Quote from KalikooJack

Yep, had that too, but only in VoA. Just out of curiosity, which other zones can have 2 gobs?

Atleast act 1 highlands first area, act 3 keep level 2 (maybe arreat crater not sure). Also some place other than VoA in act 2, but cant remember what.
    Quote from JKlimek

For those that can't watch, the route is nothing special, same old act2 since 1.04. black canyon, road to alcurnus, vota

I am purposely leaving out the order and other notes on how to be more efficient because TryHard has put together a bunch of good notes in the video and deserves to get some clicks.

A lot of the info is common sense but as we know common sense is not all that common :)
    I have to admit, it's an interesting video, and he makes some good points about why you should do it this way.

My personal farm route is a different one:

Start act 1 quest 1, and play as long as I want to. Sometimes I try to do a speed run and skip whites, sometimes I clear every single area. It gives me Demonic Essences, lots of XP, occasionally achievements, some rare unique monsters, all 4 keys, lots of bosses with additional plan drop chance, some special dungeons I haven't seen yet, and a lot of variety. Sometimes I do this on my own, sometimes with friends.

I guess I'll never understand how people can do Vault of the Assassins a hundred times in a row in a couple of hours.
    Quote from Bagstone

I have to admit, it's an interesting video, and he makes some good points about why you should do it this way.

Start act 1 quest 1, and play as long as I want to. Sometimes I try to do a speed run and skip whites, sometimes I clear every single area. It gives me Demonic Essences, lots of XP, occasionally achievements, some rare unique monsters, all 4 keys, lots of bosses with additional plan drop chance, some special dungeons I haven't seen yet, and a lot of variety. Sometimes I do this on my own, sometimes with friends.

I guess I'll never understand how people can do Vault of the Assassins a hundred times in a row in a couple of hours.

4 keys ?
    Quote from Sigma

Quote from Bagstone

4 keys ?

I'm sure you know he meant 3 keys but if you honestly didn't know/remember then: NV stacks remain through acts so he starts at act 1 and proceeds to play at least through A3 keywarden apparently.
    Damnit. 3 keys of course. You got me :P
    Quote from JKlimek

This does not seem to be possible anymore. .

I'd say Warrios Rest might be the best way to farm essences though if you can do it fast enough on higher MP levels.
    Warrior's Rest is also good, I've recently done 4, 1 hour runs in Warriors Rest, VOTA and BCM it compare the DE per hour, going to post my results in a video later next week :D
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes