Diablo 3 Offline Play on Playstation 3, 4

There should be a offline mode for D3 on PC. The lagfest and rubber banding which was not supose to happen in the game just continues to plague it still today.
    Quote from Aenimma

There should be a offline mode for D3 on PC. The lagfest and rubber banding which was not supose to happen in the game just continues to plague it still today.

I don't have any lagfest or rubber banding, and I don't see any threads here about such issues. Care to elaborate? There were some lag issues for me in the past, but 1) was Rakkis Crossing which would sometimes just create some lag, but it seemed to be a game issue and after some hotfix it was gone and 2) the game would load up and cause some lags for a couple of seconds, and I fixed this by installing D3 on my SSD.

I'm not aware of any "lag issues" that are caused by the connection, i.e., any issues that could be fixed with an offline mode.

Quote from Bleu42

I'd like to just mention that with the offline mode introduced on the PC version of D3, no one, and I repeat NO ONE, has been successful at hacking and changing Diablo 3's game files, creating hacks and dupes. NO ONE has been able to change an item's code, or compromise the game's architecture and coding.

I read this a couple of times... you wanted to say "online" instead of "offline" here, right? Otherwise I don't get it ;-)
    Quote from Bleu42

Quote from Catalept

Quote from Nikdik

So Blizzard will make offline play for the Playstation 4, but neglect the system that made them famous in the first place (PC)?

Probably. The very fact that they're adding an offline mode for the PS3/4 versions means most of their justifications for not having it on the PC version were pure BS... it was DRM, and extremely effective DRM at that... and the PS versions won't need it, because piracy is much less prevalent on those systems. IMO, not back-porting offline play to PC would be a tacit admission of that fact.

I'd like to think that Blizzard's corporate spokesdroids will either

a) Admit that, no, always-on doesn't have some kind of awesomeifying effect on D3, and that it was added primarily as DRM to help protect their investment on a notoriously piratical platform (thus igniting an unholy shitstorm on the forums)

b ) Admit that, no, always-on doesn't have some kind of awesomeifying effect on D3, cough politely, and announce that offline will be coming to PC (thus igniting an unholy shitstorm on the forums)

... but I strongly suspect they'll quietly ignore the discrepancy.

I'd like to just mention that with the offline mode introduced on the PC version of D3, no one, and I repeat NO ONE, has been successful at hacking and changing Diablo 3's game files, creating hacks and dupes. NO ONE has been able to change an item's code, or compromise the game's architecture and coding.

The online-only system has worked exactly as intended and because of the implementation, the ONLY "hacking" (and I put hacking in quotes because it isn't actually hacking, but exploitation) has been that of lagging yourself and then in turn the server to double up on drops both from the player and monsters. You can defiantly call this 'duping' if you'd like, since the same item was created multiple times, but it was not under any means hacking which is why the online only system was put into place.

Nothing is ever 100% proof, but the current version of Diablo 3 proves that the online-only was a success. This narrows any sort of cheating down to easy to cure exploitation. This system is also why and sort of lag-duping or exploitation isn't widespread, the people doing it have to be extremely secretive about it and because of this the harm to the game and the economy of the game is very minor, and easy to fix.

You can be mad at online-only, I get it, I'd LOVE to play offline sometimes, where I am without internet, but increased security doesn't come without it's effects on freedom.

Edit; I'd be very surprised at the presence of the RMAH on the offline version, but even so I suspect that the offline availability on the PS version is because of the present, extremely high security from the playstation.

Extremely high security? Lmao PSN recenetly got hacked like it was nothing . Also, this is how D3's DRM has "benefitted the game".

http://us.battle.net...opic/7979319304
    PSN's security vulnerabilities mean that arbitrary binaries can be run on a PS3 with up to date firmware [citation needed].
    Damn, i remember how we guys back then took one for the team when they said the game will not support LAN/offline play, we were very disappointed but we took it. Their arguments sounded reasonable - so stop hacks and exploits, bots and dupes. (not that it really mattered for those of us who just wanted to play single player in peace)

Fastforward till nowadays - bots rule the game, dupes run rampart, people get hacked and on top of that consoles receive lan/offline.

Quote from nadenitza

Fastforward till nowadays - bots rule the game, dupes run rampant, people get hacked and on top of that consoles receive lan/offline.

There's that word again. I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean "I saw a guy post a jpg showing a dozen of the same mediocre legendary".

Also, if my memory serves, Blizzard's PR used vague phrases like "maintaining a quality experience"... which is its own kind of BS, but honestly, anyone who reads it as anything else has missed the last century of increasingly refined duckspeak that we've grown to expect from corporate flaks.

Thirdly, always on has nothing to do with bots and Blizzard has never said otherwise... I seem to recall at least one blue explicitly pointing out the complete lack of relevance always-on had to the problem of bots.

So yeah... feel free to get annoyed about the magical vanishing online requirements for consoles (I certainly am), but don't try and justify it with hyperbole and misunderstanding.
    Quote from Bleu42

You can be mad at online-only, I get it, I'd LOVE to play offline sometimes, where I am without internet, but increased security doesn't come without it's effects on freedom.

I'm reminded of a quote by someone....................

:ph34r:
    Quote from nadenitza

Fastforward till nowadays - bots rule the game, dupes run rampart, people get hacked and on top of that consoles receive lan/offline.

Try not to post sweeping generalizations you have absolutely 0 information about.
    Quote from Catalept

Quote from nadenitza

Fastforward till nowadays - bots rule the game, dupes run rampant, people get hacked and on top of that consoles receive lan/offline.

There's that word again. I'm pretty sure it doesn't mean "I saw a guy post a jpg showing a dozen of the same mediocre legendary".

Also, if my memory serves, Blizzard's PR used vague phrases like "maintaining a quality experience"... which is its own kind of BS, but honestly, anyone who reads it as anything else has missed the last century of increasingly refined duckspeak that we've grown to expect from corporate flaks.

Thirdly, always on has nothing to do with bots and Blizzard has never said otherwise... I seem to recall at least one blue explicitly pointing out the complete lack of relevance always-on had to the problem of bots.

So yeah... feel free to get annoyed about the magical vanishing online requirements for consoles (I certainly am), but don't try and justify it with hyperbole and misunderstanding.

I agree this reasoning "maintaining a quality experience" behind online-only is bs, couse the most quality experience i had in the diablo games was the SP experience. :)

That aside, i don't think 10 of the exact same items with the exact same stats is a stuck of luck, specially when it comes down to rares. Most of the time they don't happen to be mediocre either. Who the hell knows tho... But it's not only that. Dupes came in other forms. Gems and rollback exploits flooded the game too. Yes they made roll backs account bound but a bit too late. Not to mention account bound has no place in a diablo game, and rollbacks either...

They don't care about bots then? Fun to know. I was left with the impression they did. I would have not cared either if there was a way to play offline. Tho they are there and online only did little to stop em - witch was my point.

Quote from overneathe

Quote from nadenitza

Try not to post sweeping generalizations you have absolutely 0 information about.

There was a security breach last august i believe, ever since then my email is spammed with phising attempts and God knows how many people lost their accounts. Google "diablo 3 security breach" if you don't believe me.

https://www.youtube....h?v=oMm2_ayl_Hw - valid points on duping

http://us.battle.net...66836638?page=1 - of of the many threads about duping

Won't bother talking about bots couse they are too obvious. Simple youtube search, or google search or the official forum search yields enough results. Hell there are even sites dedicated for that stuff solely. Won't give links so it doesn't look like i support this stuff.

Come on dude, why would i post about something i have 0 knowledge about? I may have hyperbolized it but my whole point was - what does online only contribute to stop all that? Nothing really.
    Quote from nadenitza

There was a security breach last august i believe, ever since then my email is spammed with phising attempts and God knows how many people lost their accounts. Google "diablo 3 security breach" if you don't believe me.

Won't bother talking about bots couse they are too obvious. Simple youtube search, or google search or the official forum search yields enough results. Hell there are even sites dedicated for that stuff solely. Won't give links so it doesn't look like i support this stuff.

Come on dude, why would i post about something i have 0 knowledge about? I may have hyperbolized it but my whole point was - what does online only contribute to stop that? Nothing really.

The breach was well known but these things generally lead to nothing. Your email is likely scanned from databases where you've also used it. My old emails that I used for some accounts are absolutely crawling with spam, but most of the companies I've registered to have had no breaches. On the other hand my latest emails that I've not registered anywhere but to game companies have almost no spam on them. Even so.. ever since I created one of them I've been spammed with "Canadian drugs". For about 6 years now. Guess how many Canadian drug companies' sites I've registered that email to.

Nothing is related to anything until proof is shown.

Bots are a problem but they get banned in waves. A large one a few months back had almost all bots wiped out from the game and if you visited said bots' site you'd see the first few pages of forum topics QQing about their "guaranteed never to be banned" clause, but somehow, magically, being banned. I'm not saying bots are non-existent right now, as I have no evidence. But you can't also say bots rule the game.

This is how your post would sound like if you were on the other side of the fence:

"Fastforward till nowadays - I haven't seen a single bot in the game, all dupes get removed as they get reported, I don't know any people that have been hacked, ever and on top of that consoles sound super fun."

And you can't really disprove any of it, as none of us have any evidence, just opinions and observations that can't possibly be considered fact, even if you link me 1000 topics about people getting hacked. For all I know they can be lying and trying to get dupes. See how it works?
    Quote from maka

Quote from Bleu42

I'm reminded of a quote by someone....................

:ph34r:

lol =)
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from Bagstone

Quote from Aenimma

I don't have any lagfest or rubber banding, and I don't see any threads here about such issues. Care to elaborate? There were some lag issues for me in the past, but 1) was Rakkis Crossing which would sometimes just create some lag, but it seemed to be a game issue and after some hotfix it was gone and 2) the game would load up and cause some lags for a couple of seconds, and I fixed this by installing D3 on my SSD.

I'm not aware of any "lag issues" that are caused by the connection, i.e., any issues that could be fixed with an offline mode.

Quote from Bleu42

I read this a couple of times... you wanted to say "online" instead of "offline" here, right? Otherwise I don't get it ;-)

haha yea, sorry meant to say online only
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    You guys are funny...

Who cares if you need to play offline or online? just get fucking internet you neck beards...

the thing that you people should actually be worried about more is that will you be able to transfer you PS3 Char to PS4 or will you have to leave you Over Powered char behind to start over, these are the question you need to be asking not bitch over offline.

P.S. you Pc D3 players, just fucking crack the game to stay offline, it was done with wow so it can be done with D3!!! There you go, stop bitching!!!!
    Quote from overneathe

Quote from nadenitza

Come on dude, why would i post about something i have 0 knowledge about? I may have hyperbolized it but my whole point was - what does online only contribute to stop that? Nothing really.

The breach was well known but these things generally lead to nothing. Your email is likely scanned from databases where you've also used it. My old emails that I used for some accounts are absolutely crawling with spam, but most of the companies I've registered to have had no breaches. On the other hand my latest emails that I've not registered anywhere but to game companies have almost no spam on them. Even so.. ever since I created one of them I've been spammed with "Canadian drugs". For about 6 years now. Guess how many Canadian drug companies' sites I've registered that email to.

Nothing is related to anything until proof is shown.

Bots are a problem but they get banned in waves. A large one a few months back had almost all bots wiped out from the game and if you visited said bots' site you'd see the first few pages of forum topics QQing about their "guaranteed never to be banned" clause, but somehow, magically, being banned. I'm not saying bots are non-existent right now, as I have no evidence. But you can't also say bots rule the game.

This is how your post would sound like if you were on the other side of the fence:

"Fastforward till nowadays - I haven't seen a single bot in the game, all dupes get removed as they get reported, I don't know any people that have been hacked, ever and on top of that consoles sound super fun."

And you can't really disprove any of it, as none of us have any evidence, just opinions and observations that can't possibly be considered fact, even if you link me 1000 topics about people getting hacked. For all I know they can be lying and trying to get dupes. See how it works?

I see your point, understand it and kinda agree with it. I am not trying to convince you about anything tho. As you said for something to be proven right you need 100% concrete evidence and the stuff we talked about is kinda shady. You guys overreacted over my overreaction. :)

My fundamental deduction was that online only does nothing to improve the situation and the aforementioned links and points i gave were to strengthen that point. It even kinda made it worse, tbh

Btw about the breach thing. I get phishing emails about the game, with guys trying to impersonate themself as blizzard reps. I never got any of that before the breach. I got my regular spam all right.
    Don't worry. I've been having such emails about all games ever. Even games I've never played.
    I kinda like the idea of D3 on consoles... offline play with split screen multiplayer is awesome.

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes