Do you want Ladder ?

Poll: For or against ladder ?

For or against ladder ? - Single Choice

• I dont want ladder! 44.4%
  • I want ladder! 55.6%
    Before you vote, please read!

Ladder does not necessary mean "D2" ladder with resets, it means competitive ladderboard that display the top progressing players or players who like to compete with others

*Ladder can be about level race
    *Ladder can be some sort of PvM points gain
    *Ladder can be about MP10 monsters kills count
    *Any other type of race or competition
    You are NOT required to play on ladder, it is usually for those who like to play competitively/climb to the top.
    A Ladder would be great but the one in D2 was a bit archaic in that it was all about leveling up to 99 and that was it. Don't get me wrong, it was a lot of fun in some ways but if Blizz decided to rebuild a Ladder system for D3 it might perhaps be a good idea to look at other ways to rank players instead of just an indicator on how much time one is able to play within a given time period. Not to mention the imbalance in leveling speed between classes.
    - I know that my Redeemer liveth, and as the last man He shall stand forth upon the earth -
    - - -
    Yeah, if ladder is to be implamented it better reward good players instead of bot farmers
    Infinite dungeon ladder.

One can dream...
    Main reason I only played ladder in D2, was cause the economy was always better, especially since I only played HC (where the economy is by default better).

So for a guy like me, that likes to play intensely for a while, then maybe take a break, the ladder system worked out beautifully.
    Winter is coming...
    Two reasons why I played ladder in D2:

-Access to ladder-only low-tier rune words
    -"Reset" every few months/years brought me back to the game and an incentive to start a new character again

Do I want a ladder in D3?

Hell no. And thank god the kind of thing you describe (competitive ranking) will never be introduced officially by Blizzard. Why? Because they said so - Diablo 3 is not an esports game.

I've heard good things about Path of Exile... try over there, mate.
    Is there a "meh" option? As in, neither "yes" nor "no" will affect me?
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Quote from Bagstone

Hell no. And thank god the kind of thing you describe (competitive ranking) will never be introduced officially by Blizzard. Why? Because they said so - Diablo 3 is not an esports game.

i thought i read all blizzard has released about d3, and no where do i remember reading, that they would never introduce a pve ranking.

Seen some talk about keeping all sorts of ranking out of the pvp aspect specifically, but that is another statement all together

Quote from Jaetch

Is there a "meh" option? As in, neither "yes" nor "no" will affect me?

This is a single question opt in poll. Having an option for the indifferent would be redundant. Just dont vote.
    Quote from Astrand

Infinite dungeon ladder.

One can dream...

^ This
    Those Who Do Not Know True Pain Cannot Possibly Understand True Peace...
    I want somekind of regular reset/patch like 2-4 times a year (like wow arena seasons). This should include a few more levels only, so that gear will become just slightly better, but good gear wont become totally useless either, and also some new content which is abit harder and has higher drop chance of the new better loot. Just like new dungeons/raids in wow.
    Yes, i'm one of the guys who would like diablo to be a wow singleplayer game.

Disagree with me or not on that point, there need to be some new content soon, because both the game and economy is dying. And let's face it, we are all getting sick of running these same acts over and over.
    Quote from Bolsyo

And let's face it, we are all getting sick of running these same acts over and over.

With great content updates come great costs, either in the form of a subscription, or a F2P model with Blizz selling items direct to players.

If you're bored either stop worrying about being efficient and play a different area, play differently, eg. HC, or put D3 down for a while and wait for the monster density patch, there have been loads of games out since D3 that are worth your time and money.
    As D3 is today i dont see the point in a ladder tbh. D2 was perfectly created for having ladder system.
    If they would add ladder system as in D2 i think alot of players just would quite play. But if the games keeps evolve into something more like d2 then for sure yes!
    **Farming is my life**
    Quote from Ultragrisen

As D3 is today i dont see the point in a ladder tbh.

I came here just to say the exact same thing.
    I really don't want "competitions" whose winners ultimately are professional gamers or bots.

Perhaps in addition to a standard ladder have some with other rules - 1 hour per day, for example, so that ladders aren't competitions for people like Kripparian and no one else. If D3 is not to be an eSport then it needs to branch out far beyond the D2 ladders. If all they do is implement D2 ladders all they've done is create some quasi-eSports bullshit in the game.

IMO leave the eSports to Starcraft and League of Legends.
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    I have legitimate conserns to think that the vote is been altered by someone who is creating multiple accounts, ill ask mods if possible to make the voters visible so we can see if many newly created accounts play a role here
    The main problem I see with any kind of resetting ladder is the fact that we have limited character slots. Lets say down the road there is a ladder and it reset, where do we make new ladder characters? If they give us a new "account" to fill Im fine with it. But as of right now Im not ready to start over, I feel Im just getting started.

Ill also vote "meh"
    Diablo Walks the Earth.
    ^^Good point.
    As long as it doesn't reset, I'm fine with or without ladder. The ladder would be endless in that case

^ Wotb + br up: live conditions.
    Quote from Kamisei2400

As long as it doesn't reset, I'm fine with or without ladder. The ladder would be endless in that case

Hehe, you are playing a non-resetting ladder atm. Ladder sorta entails a limited time before it's reset, or it's not a ladder. That being said, your characters aren't "reset" they are just moved to non-ladder, aka what you are playing now.
    Winter is coming...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes