Anyone have vid of 1.07 leg. map icon?

Want to see it in action, but haven't had any luck getting a legendary to drop on ptr.
    There was a topic by Kongor i think about this, but iirc it was only a screenshot, not a vid. Just a yellow star on map, that stays there till you pick it up.
    here we go..
    Related to this.

How close do you have to be to the drop? In all the videos I have found so far, they all see the legendary drop and then checks out the icon. Either that or they do not mention if they had it drop off-screen and cleared the map and then checked for the markers.
    It can be anywhere and it should still show up on the map. Doesn't matter if it drops off-screen. Besides, isn't that exactly the reason of implementing it? If it drops right next to you, there's a pillar of light.
    Quote from Turtel

It can be anywhere and it should still show up on the map. Doesn't matter if it drops off-screen. Besides, isn't that exactly the reason of implementing it? If it drops right next to you, there's a pillar of light.

True, but as far as i know that was the original intention with the minimap-ping. It just didn't ping when stuff dropped off-screen, if even just barely off. That and the ping was so underwhelming that it didn't really draw any attention. I usually notice the giant, glowing pillar of awesome, but if i carried on before the pillar started glowing, then i would definitely miss it.

Of course, this is all just in my own case.
    You're right. It's not just your case though, many ppl had the same issues with the ping. I didn't have the problem, because with my build stuff dies next to my char, but i can definitely imagine the problem with some builds. Well anyway, i clearly remember reading that the star marker shows on the map no matter how far you are from the drop location and stays there, until you pick it up for the first time (if you throw it on the ground, it won't show anymore, only pillar of light) so the issue got a proper fix :)
    If you're still looking, here's my video on the feb 1st PTR updates. I happened to get lucky and had 2 drop so I recorded what it looked like. The information you're looking for is around the 10 minute mark.

Diablo 3 playthroughs and guides via Kagekaze's Domain or Twitch TV
    Come on by and comment on YouTube or chat on Twitch, twitch chat is often watched
    Nice Review
    Quote from KageKaze

If you're still looking, here's my video on the feb 1st PTR updates. I happened to get lucky and had 2 drop so I recorded what it looked like. The information you're looking for is around the 10 minute mark.

Awesome video as always Kagekaze, +1 :)
    Quote from Nuvian

Quote from KageKaze

Awesome video as always Kagekaze, +1 :)

Agreed. His vids are a far cry from the monotony of stuttering, wanna-be E-stars that flood the airwaves with their drivel.

Great vid from a talented producer.

+1 from me as well.
    BurningRope#1322
    Thank you for the very kind words, gentlemen. It's greatly appreciated.

I simply do what I can and I doubt I'd be able to do half as much without Diablofans' quick reporting.
    Diablo 3 playthroughs and guides via Kagekaze's Domain or Twitch TV
    Come on by and comment on YouTube or chat on Twitch, twitch chat is often watched
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes