Blizz is preparing "something" about itemization

TehAdi... that is a whole new level of laziness I've never been witness of...
    If they fix itemization I know myself and about 8 friends who will play again.
    It's encouraging but don't expect the blog to say "Ok guys here is the new system we came up with!" It's going to say "Here are the problems and we know they exist. We have no clear solution yet. We will keep in touch." Which means they'll address the issue again at Blizzcon or around that time.

At least it is encouraging because it reveals that Blizzard knows the itemization system they have in place is flawed.

This is in line with what the other blues said. Blizzard's answer to the itemization problem is BoA items. And that sucks. I mean this is worse and perhaps more confusing than an offline mode with more rewarding drop chances.

BoA is ONE answer AT THE MOMENT. It's not the only thing they'll do about the itemization flaws, nor the last. But it's the one change they're gonna introduce now - and it might be the only bigger change we'll see before the xpac.

And I disagree that BoA sucks. I felt the same in the beginning, but the more I thought about it, the more I'm thrilled by the idea of BoA items. I always asked myself what would I do if I find a 200int 6% crit Mempo. Sure, put it on my head. But every second while looking at my character I would be aware that I'm wearing an item that I could use to upgrade every other slot significantly, i.e., I would be tempted to sell it and buy ~10 upgrades for my character. And of course you realize you have an item on your head which is worth ~$500; even though I would never cash that out, it's something in the back of your head constantly.

With a BoA item I'm just like "Yeah! An upgrade! And I'll never use the AH to search for an upgrade for that slot again". So, the BoA solution is the out-of-AH card for me. I'll craft like crazy in 1.07 and make my character AH independent as much as possible. Haven't used it for quite a while anyways because I think it's sick to pay the equivalent of ~50 bucks for on item (and that's what upgrades would cost for me right now).

It is a band-aid fix for a problem that should have never existed.
    But every second while looking at my character I would be aware that I'm wearing an item that I could use to upgrade every other slot significantly, i.e., I would be tempted to sell it and buy ~10 upgrades for my character. And of course you realize you have an item on your head which is worth ~$500; even though I would never cash that out, it's something in the back of your head constantly.

This is, dead on, the exact problem I have with the existence of the Auction House, particularly the Real Money Auction House. Everything has an exact value, especially a real money value, and everyone is aware of that fact and what that value is. Be it willingly or, like in your case, unwillingly, you just can't escape it. It creates this whole 'market' mentality throughout the entire community that I don't appreciate one bit.

On topic: I suspect they might be talking about the new crafting recipes + demonic essences. I hope I'm wrong, though.

I love how the EU blues speak so much more freely than the NA blues. They always drop the most interesting tid-bits.

The main reason NA blues don't do this is because if anything changes, they get spammed with "OMG another Blizzard lie" BS. Maybe the EU customer base isn't as heavily populated with histrionic malcontents?
    I'm a Pole. The blue post states that they are making some sort of blog about designing assumptions of itemization. I don't think that it implys on something new stored for itemization, just the whole idea of how it works. But maybe I misinterpret it.
    I see the future already: Itemization will not be fixed until the 60$ expansion.

I see the future already: Itemization will not be fixed until the 60$ expansion.

I think it'll actually be fixed in the $40 expansion, and the $60 expansion will be the same thing only with a WoW pet and some SC2 portraits.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes