Blizzard is Unaware of Diablo 3's Downfall...

Xenocow, I'm on the Americas servers... am I able to friend you? :(

EDIT
    I also have to remember there's a 6hr time difference between Germany and the East Coast of the USA huh?
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Quote from Xenocow

Quote from pterosmacktyl
    In retrospect, vanilla WoW leveling seems bad but it was great at the time. Also remember the original endgame was pretty terrible too. UBRS and Stratholme were like the only good instances to do until they introduced Molten Core. I played paladin at launch which was probably the most boring class and still enjoyed the sheer amount of stuff Blizzard had put into one mmo.

Classic Druids (my class)...nuff said :)
    No Ferals...no big Healers...Moonkins just mediocre DDs.
    We got only taken to Raids to hit the real Healers with Inno :D

Found this bad boys last night btw while i was waiting on Shaggy, who never showed up^^

WOW COOL you have to load +resistances in that game too. It sounds SOOOO much better and different than D3.
    Quote from Azidonis
    Bad ass rings, mate. Good finds!

First are shadow/ranger gloves...second is a ring i've gambled.
    Found a 12% all Resi Ring (White, 12% is max) and hit it with a Alchemy Orb to turn it rare.
    Thats what came out^^

Quote from shaggy

Xenocow, I'm on the Americas servers... am I able to friend you? :(
    EDIT
    I also have to remember there's a 6hr time difference between Germany and the East Coast of the USA huh?

Puhh i dunno, i think all Leagues are seperated...never tried to >.

Quote from Zakumene
    WOW COOL you have to load +resistances in that game too. It sounds SOOOO much better and different than D3.

Of course dude.

Fire can ignite you, burning for extra damage.
    Cold can chill, or even freeze you.
    Lightning can shock you (debuff stacking 3 times) and you take 40% more damage.
    Chaos (Poison) penetrates your Energy Shields.

There are even low Uniques to prevent Elemental Status Effects, which makes them great.
    (Cannot be frozen / shocked etc)

Or there is a passive Skill Gem called Elemental Proliferation...this one is really great!!!
    Elemental status effects (for example, freezing or burning) caused by this skill also affect nearby enemies.

But of course i can see you're being cynical, and basicly you dont give a fuck ;)
    Yeah.. to think that in D3 the elements are a joke.
    It existed in D3, too, but was taken out in late stages of the beta. Here's what the effects were:

http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/u279l/a_little_bit_about_weapon_damage_some_people_dont/

Arguably all elements but holy (heal!!!) would be crap. Holy weapons would be the new black weapons. Good decision to take it out, imho. Maybe we'll see a comeback in the expansion; I doubt it though. It's difficult enough to balance the existing affixes right now, more effects/affixes make it even more difficult.
    Quote from Bagstone
    It's difficult enough to balance the existing affixes right now, more effects/affixes make it even more difficult.

Not really difficult.
    They just need to take a deep look and get rid of all the crap affixes/suffixes.
    Like Int on a 2H weapon, or Dex on a Wand... Storm Crows with Str. etc.

Its a simple patch, and the game would become so much better.

But of course...
    more good loots in the economy = lower prices on the RMAH = less profit.
    Quote from Zakumene

I really think you could have voiced that in a way that might not be so.... confrontational.

In PoE resistances matter, and they certainly matter more than D3. I'll be the first person to say that I think (at least until you're farming endgame) that elemental damage is brutal. While you're leveling up you don't necessarily find great gear and you can be deficient on resistances (I'm -12% chaos resistance at the moment) and monsters that do elemental (or chaos) damage tend to be significantly more difficult than others - you can tell this by the popular PoE farming spots too. I nerdraged hard trying to get through the Slums and Warehouses on Cruel. The snakes there just wrecked me over and over again.
    67.1k elite kills :: 1.98m total kills :: p255
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Try to reach Cruel - Act1 - Ledge...and creep there until 40-42 before you continue.
    After that Act2 Fellshrine...or Act3 Docks up to 48-50. Or even well past beyond that.

Dont go to early into Merciless... the 15% exp loss on death hurt like shit :)

I always happen to die like 1mm before the levelup.

/edit/ mixed up the numbers.
    Quote from Azidonis

Two opinions.

No offense but you aren't worth responding to anymore.
    Quote from overneathe

Those are 2 things I agree on. :)
    Would love to see that flask system in D3. Or any other game tbh.

I actually prefer D3's combination of long-cooldown potions plus HP regen obtained via monster kills. In PoE, I keep getting to a point where my flasks are all out, there's no monsters around and I'm low on HP. The solution of TPing to town to top up my flasks feels clunky.

Oh, and at the risk of pointing out the obvious, the minimap is generated automatically from in-game geometry assets, almost certainly because it costs a damn sight less than the alternatives... but they really need give us options for scaling and repositioning it.
    Quote from Xenocow

Quote from Bagstone
    It's difficult enough to balance the existing affixes right now, more effects/affixes make it even more difficult.

Not really difficult.
    They just need to take a deep look and get rid of all the crap affixes/suffixes.
    Like Int on a 2H weapon, or Dex on a Wand... Storm Crows with Str. etc.

Its a simple patch, and the game would become so much better.

It pains me whenever I see people saying "get rid of the crappy stat rolls/affixes" when half their listed examples are simply wrong.

A Staff is a 2H weapon. It can and SHOULD have INT. The only primary stat you can make a reasonable argument against is Dex because dodge isn't as universal as the Armor from STR or Resistances from INT.
    Quote from Catalept

Quote from overneathe

Those are 2 things I agree on. :)
    Would love to see that flask system in D3. Or any other game tbh.

I actually prefer D3's combination of long-cooldown potions plus HP regen obtained via monster kills. In PoE, I keep getting to a point where my flasks are all out, there's no monsters around and I'm low on HP. The solution of TPing to town to top up my flasks feels clunky.

Oh, and at the risk of pointing out the obvious, the minimap is generated automatically from in-game geometry assets, almost certainly because it costs a damn sight less than the alternatives... but they really need give us options for scaling and repositioning it.

Health orbs are quite fun to pick up but pots seem kind of tacked on. They don't scale well enough into endgame unless you go crazy with increased pot effectiveness stuff.

Flasks are one of PoE's coolests innovations, but I agree with you that when you use them up it can be annoying to have to port back to town to refill them. Particularly in hard bossfights (where you can't consistently fight) the system seems to break down.
    If you're depleting all your potions and need to run away, themn you're probably not strong enough to run that content.

And no, I'm not an elitist jerk.
    Quote from maka

If you're depleting all your potions and need to run away, themn you're probably not strong enough to run that content.

As far as I can tell act bosses in PoE are tuned like Diablo 2. You basically have to town to refill potions (flasks). I'm not sure how many people still like doing that but I'm not a huge fan of it. Being locked in a room with a tough boss is a bit more thrilling.
    Quote from maka

Exactly. Especially later, you can run with 1 heal and 1 mana potion and still be fine ;)
    Depending on your spec obviously. But those granite flasks and runspeed flasks are just awesome.
    You elitist jerk.
    Quote from ProzaicMuze
    It pains me whenever I see people saying "get rid of the crappy stat rolls/affixes" when half their listed examples are simply wrong.
    A Staff is a 2H weapon. It can and SHOULD have INT. The only primary stat you can make a reasonable argument against is Dex because dodge isn't as universal as the Armor from STR or Resistances from INT.

Well, they need to make adjustments because of the very limited skill diversity.
    What would you do, to make the Loots more fun, and specially the Hunt more interesting?

Take this (Witch) Gloves for example :

You only benefit from the Physical + Lightning Damage when you melee something.
    They got nice Resistance, (Melee) Attackspeed...good HP.

In Diablo3 you would throw away gloves like that.
    In PoE those gloves are valuable, because you can actually play a real Melee Witch with Daggers or a big 2H Sword...and it works!

Quote from pterosmacktyl
    Health orbs are quite fun to pick up but pots seem kind of tacked on. They don't scale well enough into endgame unless you go crazy with increased pot effectiveness stuff.

Flasks are one of PoE's coolests innovations, but I agree with you that when you use them up it can be annoying to have to port back to town to refill them. Particularly in hard bossfights (where you can't consistently fight) the system seems to break down.

Dont spam the Flasks, manage the charges.
    Also big HP pots are not necessarily the best ones...try getting one with :
    "100% increased recovery when low on hitpoints"
    Blizzard promised to many things for this game prerelease, like WD's puking on their summoned dogs which gave the dogs poison or fire enhancement... subtle little things, but broken promises none the less. And not to forget: PVP

I hope Blizzard and the new appointed game director can bring D3 back to a worthy status.
    Quote from RPage

Blizzard promised to many things for this game prerelease, like WD's puking on their summoned dogs which gave the dogs poison or fire enhancement... subtle little things, but broken promises none the less. And not to forget: PVP

I hope Blizzard and the new appointed game director can bring D3 back to a worthy status.

I'm totally ok with patch 1.0.8 being the WD puking patch
    Quote from RPage

Quote from pterosmacktyl

Quote from RPage

I'm totally ok with patch 1.0.8 being the WD puking patch

They changed it because they used them as skill runes, its not fair to have 3 different effect with one skill. That's why they changed it. Imagine being able to have the tanky dogs with fire against fire weak enemies and then the poison ones with just a breath against poison weak enemies. It just doesn't fit. they didn't break too many other promises besides pvp really.
    Not even Death will save you from Diablo Bunny's Cuteness!

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes