Blizzard is Unaware of Diablo 3's Downfall...

Quote from Enty

Where is TL2 in all this discussion?!?!?!

It is currently #1 on steam. It apparently needs the hype a little less than PoE.
    Quote from shaggy
    Why do I have to wait until the very end of the game for it to stop being slow and cumbersome?

Quote from Xenocow
    And please dont tell me now that Level 10 in Diablo3 is super awsome...it isnt :)
    Its the same principle...the game becomes fun when you get access to the full arsenal of Skills.

Quote from shaggy
    Yes, but there's a HUGE difference between level 10 in D3 and level 65-70 in PoE. You're literally talking the difference between 1 hour of playtime and (for the average player) 2-ish weeks of playtime.

I wasnt compairing Level 10 in Diablo3 with Level 65-70 in PoE.
    I was compairing Level 10 in Diablo3 with Level 10 in PoE.

Both is cumbersome and slow, and you can't really build a viable opinion on the first few Levels...
    The Lategame is what matters (in both Games).

PoE starts to become fun at the End of Act 1 at around level 17-20ish when you get the first 2 or 3 Linked Piece of Gear, and you start connecting your Skills with Passives. Thats when the Action starts. Everybody is gonna telling you that.

Quote from pterosmacktyl
    Telling people that the game really comes together at level 70 doesn't seem like a great advertisement does it?

PoE isnt based on big advertisment and marketing.
    (Now, i know that came from a player and not the company, but let me elaborate)

They dont try to appeal the masses with bling bling fancy trailers, false promises and lies.
    They promise you nothing....thats the whole Idea. Everybody knows what they get.

They create a Game thats actually fun for serious and hardcore gamers, and they dont yield for profit or casuals.

It is by the way the main reason why most games fail so badly today.
    Because they promise you the blue from the sky, and they show you only the best rendered trailers while in reality the game is much worst.

Just check the most recent drama... the new Aliens Game.
    Its hilarious how mad the Fans are, because of all the Lies they've been shown + told.

Quote from Gheed2010
    It is currently #1 on steam. It apparently needs the hype a little less than PoE.

The "Hype" is player generated because the Game is astounding good.
    Its two different things when a company actually does it with big advertisments.
    Yeah I just checked YT.. the level of rage is amazing.
    kinda offtopic (sorry)

Quote from Indimix

Yeah I just checked YT.. the level of rage is amazing.

If you wanna have a really good laugh, watch this :D

Preordering new AAA Games?
    Never again^^
    I do find it funny in this discussion that PoE's rubberbanding and network issues in an *always-online* game are just dismissed by its fans, while Blizzard is still castigated daily for even daring to run their game that way.

Funny how for some people, if it's not Blizzard doing it, it's A-ok, but if Blizzard does the same thing, it's horrible and shouldn't be allowed.

I tried PoE. Hated it. Maybe when it's finished, it'll be worth putting time into. Only my opinion.

The whole skill system looks like someone threw monkey shit at a wall, and then filled in skill boxes around the clumps, with no real thought-out design.
    Quote from mavfin
    I do find it funny in this discussion that PoE's rubberbanding and network issues in an *always-online* game are just dismissed by its fans, while Blizzard is still castigated daily for even daring to run their game that way.

Funny how for some people, if it's not Blizzard doing it, it's A-ok, but if Blizzard does the same thing, it's horrible and shouldn't be allowed.

Does rubberbanding annoys me in PoE... yes it does.
    And so do many other little things... PoE is far from perfect.

But since its a free game from a very little Indie Studio...i can look past that.

Diablo3 on the other hand is created by Blizzard.
    They earn Billions a year...they have well over 5000 Employees, they have the Infrastructure and the Knowledge & Resources, and on top of that the Game costs 50+ Bucks. You can expect stable running servers.
    Quote from Xenocow

Quote from mavfin

But since its a free game from a very little Indie Studio...i can look past that.

They earn Billions a year...they have well over 5000 Employees, they have the Infrastructure and the Knowledge, and on top of that the Game costs 50+ Bucks. You can expect stable running servers.

I don't experience any issues with Blizzards Servers. The day 1-5 shit is over and done with? Why dwell on a 5 day escapade that sure ruined the release but still left us with a great game? And again like i said on like page 5, why is it that everyone compares Blizzard with grinding gears and says "OMG LOOK BLIZZARD IS HUGE WHY YOU NO HAVE AMAZIN GAME FROM START YOU HAVE DA MONEYS!!!!!" Well I'm sorry to tell you money doesn't actually make things better... So what they got paid more? does that magically make the actual people who work on the game better? If the same people at Grinding gears worked on D3 and it came out this way would you still hate D3? would you like PoE just the same? probably not because there are different people but because of the design. The design and implementation of the game has absolutely nothing to do with anything but the PERSONAL (YES PERSONAL I KNOW SELFISH RIGHT?) preference of the lead game designers. They specifically say this is my/our vision of Diablo 3 lets put it to practice see how it turns out... then they reiterate and make it better till they think its GOOD, which by the way if you haven't noticed is VERY SUBJECTIVE and therefore what he thinks is good you may not.

So here's a tip of advice.. Look into a game before you buy it. Do I like this feature or that feature, maybe that one sold me. If you do then buy it if not move along. Simple ain't it but that's called making an informed decision when purchasing a new product. If you don't like it don't buy it and more importantly if you buy it and decide it wasn't the right choice for you PLEASE DON'T COME TO A >>>>>FANS

//rant
    Not even Death will save you from Diablo Bunny's Cuteness!

Quote from Xenocow

Quote from mavfin

They earn Billions a year...they have well over 5000 Employees, they have the Infrastructure and the Knowledge & Resources, and on top of that the Game costs 50+ Bucks. You can expect stable running servers.

If PoE's people are so awesome, by your measure, and Blizzard's are such shit, then, PoE should be able to run as well as Blizzard can on the network/lag side.

You're just biased, and can't see it. Just another Blizzard-basher. Have fun.
    Quote from Enty
    I don't experience any issues with Blizzards Servers. The day 1-5 shit is over and done with? Why dwell on a 5 day escapade that sure ruined the release but still left us with a great game?

I think the problem is still persistant with Barbarians and spinning.
    I can be wrong though, never played one...and i didnt bought that topic up btw :)

Quote from Enty
    If the same people at Grinding gears worked on D3 and it came out this way would you still hate D3?

I dont hate D3... why do people always say that :D
    I want D3 to succeed, i really do.

I am just pissed because they promised so much, and delivered so little.
    The Depth is practically not existant. The Items are boring.

Just because I practice criticism, i am not a hater perse... i am a longtime fan of the franchise.

Quote from Enty
    So here's a tip of advice.. Look into a game before you buy it.

You never had to before with Blizzard Games.
    I own every Single one of them, so much for the "Blizzard Hater" part.

Quote from Enty
    PLEASE DON'T COME TO A >>>>>FANS

Flame <--> Criticism

Two pair of Socks.

Quote from Enty
    WE'RE FANS TO DISCUSS THE GOOD NOT THE BAD!

If you dont discuss the bad...
    how do you actually plan to improve a game if you dont know where to start?
    Quote from mavfin

PoE is a new 'franchise', and free-to-play (how are you gonna do that with offline games?);
    Diablo is the third instalment on the franchise, with the previous two games being a mostly offline/LAN experience.

/stupid comparison
    /post
    /thread

Quote from Enty

Worst.
    Approach.
    Ever.
    Quote from Xenocow

Flame <--> Criticism

Two pair of Socks.

Yeah, two pair of socks. Absolutely. But it feels like you're wearing neither of them. Off the top of my head I can't recall any recent post from you that was about D3, it's just advertising PoE. That's fair, as you say you're a long time franchise fan you're welcome to post here as well, but why not try to be a bit more conservative then like others, e.g., shaggy's post? Even though he expressed concerns with PoE I'm thinking about trying it soon. On the contrary, your posts in the last few weeks came across (at least to me) as D3 bashing from a PoE die hard fan who didn't care about the Diablo franchise at all. I couldn't find the point where you mentioned constructive criticism.
    Quote from maka

Quote from mavfin

PoE is a new 'franchise', and free-to-play (how are you gonna do that with offline games?);
    Diablo is the third instalment on the franchise, with the previous two games being a mostly offline/LAN experience.

/stupid comparison
    /post
    /thread

Ah, once again, you justify your bashing by making the two companies play by different rules. Just another Blizzard basher wasting my time. If you level the playing field, you can't bash Blizzard so badly. Aww.

Come to *discuss* the game, not just bash it and advertise another, please.

Edit: to be clear, if you don't like one or the other, no problem. But compare them on a level playing field. Don't make up shit just so you can bash one or the other. PoE is not the answer to everything, either. D3 still has issues, too. I'll be interested to see where PoE is in a year.
    Quote from Bagstone
    Yeah, two pair of socks. Absolutely. But it feels like you're wearing neither of them. Off the top of my head I can't recall any recent post from you that was about D3, it's just advertising PoE. That's fair, as you say you're a long time franchise fan you're welcome to post here as well, but why not try to be a bit more conservative then like others, e.g., shaggy's post? Even though he expressed concerns with PoE I'm thinking about trying it soon. On the contrary, your posts in the last few weeks came across (at least to me) as D3 bashing from a PoE die hard fan who didn't care about the Diablo franchise at all. I couldn't find the point where you mentioned constructive criticism.

Because right now there isnt anything to discuss?
    They didnt change critical Parts of the Game with 1.07 everybody is asking for since release.
    They beating around the bush, and i am still waiting on the first real move from Blizzard.
    PvP with matchmaking, awsome loots, awsome crafting, endless dungeons, charms, the Mystic etc

When Blizzard actually delivers, you can be hell as sure i gonna post different again.

PoE, being new, is of course Topic No#1...but not only from my side.

The main Question i keep asking myself is :
    How can a little Indie Studio deliver so much, while a Industie Moloch like Blizzard delivers so little.

I am not a hardcore PoE fan, i just enjoy quality entertainment software.
    Quote from Xenocow

Quote from Bagstone

Because right now there isnt anything to discuss?
    They didnt change critical Parts of the Game with 1.07 everybody is asking for since release.
    They beating around the bush, and i am still waiting on the first real move from Blizzard.
    PvP with matchmaking, awsome loots, awsome crafting, endless dungeons, charms, the Mystic etc

When Blizzard actually delivers, you can be hell as sure i gonna post different again.

PoE, being new, is of course Topic No#1...but not only from my side.

The main Question i keep asking myself is :
    How can a little Indie Studio deliver so much, while a Industie Moloch like Blizzard delivers so little.

I am not a hardcore PoE fan, i just enjoy quality entertainment software.

What a straw-man like ethereal argument! "Waiting on the first real move from Blizzard". Well isn't that subjective? You come across as a D3 hater not only to just the person you are replying too, but also myself. I'm not sure why people are even replying to you, when all you can come up with is vague hints at something I'm not even sure that YOU know what you're talking about.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Quote from shaggy

Quote from Azidonis

As for the Action element... you've got to be kidding me. The action in D3 simply doesn't compare to the type of action available in PoE. It really doesn't compare. Unless/until you have played a character at level 70+, and experienced all forms of content in groups and such, then you probably won't understand how dynamic and insanely fun the combat of PoE is.

No, I don't have to be kidding you.

If I said "wait until pLvl 40 and then D3 has really good action" you'd shit up a storm about how it should have good action from the start. The same applies to PoE. Why do I have to wait until the very end of the game for it to stop being slow and cumbersome? Why do I have to group up for good action?

If I told you that Final Fantasy VII was extremely slow and grinding until you had finally leveled a few master materia, would you still want to play it?

Regardless of your answer, Final Fantasy VII has still been hailed as one of the greatest video games of all time.

The argument of yours also comes to a standstill, when you hear people talking about WoW, saying "the game really doesn't start until max level", or people whining because they didn't get mounts until 40, so Blizzard eventually reduced the requirement.

Or wait - Diablo 3, which was so lackluster even at the "end game", they decided to add 10 more difficulty levels onto the ending of their end game. Let's not forget keys.

And, if you want to compare D3's endless NV/key/crafting pattern grind with PoE's map system, PoE wins every time in my opinion.
    Quote from Bleu42
    I'm not sure why people are even replying to you, when all you can come up with is vague hints at something I'm not even sure that YOU know what you're talking about.

Do i have to quote every little sentence that has be said by Blizzard in every post i write?
    Do i have to praise the Game in every Post i write, so i dont get put in the "Hater corner" because I have criticized something?

Why don't you put in a little effort and goggle what exactly Blizzard promised in the countless Interviews, Blizzcon, Reviews etc. BEFORE they actually released the Game...and then you take the new-found knowledge and compair it to the Game you play today.

You people are so enthralled, so utterly defeated...you dont even know what you have paid for.
    Quote from Azidonis

Quote from shaggy

Quote from Azidonis

As for the Action element... you've got to be kidding me. The action in D3 simply doesn't compare to the type of action available in PoE. It really doesn't compare. Unless/until you have played a character at level 70+, and experienced all forms of content in groups and such, then you probably won't understand how dynamic and insanely fun the combat of PoE is.

No, I don't have to be kidding you.

If I said "wait until pLvl 40 and then D3 has really good action" you'd shit up a storm about how it should have good action from the start. The same applies to PoE. Why do I have to wait until the very end of the game for it to stop being slow and cumbersome? Why do I have to group up for good action?

If I told you that Final Fantasy VII was extremely slow and grinding until you had finally leveled a few master materia, would you still want to play it?

Regardless of your answer, Final Fantasy VII has still been hailed as one of the greatest video games of all time.

The argument of yours also comes to a standstill, when you hear people talking about WoW, saying "the game really doesn't start until max level", or people whining because they didn't get mounts until 40, so Blizzard eventually reduced the requirement.

Or wait - Diablo 3, which was so lackluster even at the "end game", they decided to add 10 more difficulty levels onto the ending of their end game. Let's not forget keys.

And, if you want to compare D3's endless NV/key/crafting pattern grind with PoE's map system, PoE wins every time in my opinion.

Your comparisons don't make sense. Regardless of labeling FF7 was good from start to finish. WoW was the same, it was just that most of the playerbase ended up at max level and so that is where most of the content was developed. As it is now, PoE takes a huge amount of time investment to even reach the point of good combat.

I feel like most of these arguments are so black and white. PoE has a lot of great ideas (highly customizable characters, refillable flasks with affixes) but it has a long way to go before it is the same quality level as D3. Better combat (especially early on) would do wonders for the game.
    Quote from mavfin

Quote from maka

Quote from mavfin

/stupid comparison
    /post
    /thread

Ah, once again, you justify your bashing by making the two companies play by different rules. Just another Blizzard basher wasting my time. If you level the playing field, you can't bash Blizzard so badly. Aww.

Come to *discuss* the game, not just bash it and advertise another, please.

Edit: to be clear, if you don't like one or the other, no problem. But compare them on a level playing field. Don't make up shit just so you can bash one or the other. PoE is not the answer to everything, either. D3 still has issues, too. I'll be interested to see where PoE is in a year.

Of course they're judged by different standards. A sequel does not exist in a vacuum. The developers are of course free to change whatever they want from previous instalments, but they can't do that without expecting some deserved criticism.
    Everything else is just you wanting to steer the discussion into something irrational (granted, you're not the only one).
    Quote from Xenocow

Quote from Enty
    I don't experience any issues with Blizzards Servers. The day 1-5 shit is over and done with? Why dwell on a 5 day escapade that sure ruined the release but still left us with a great game?

I think the problem is still persistant with Barbarians and spinning.
    I can be wrong though, never played one...and i didnt bought that topic up btw :)

Quote from Enty
    If the same people at Grinding gears worked on D3 and it came out this way would you still hate D3?

I dont hate D3... why do people always say that :D
    I want D3 to succeed, i really do.

I am just pissed because they promised so much, and delivered so little.
    The Depth is practically not existant. The Items are boring.

Just because I practice criticism, i am not a hater perse... i am a longtime fan of the franchise.

Quote from Enty
    So here's a tip of advice.. Look into a game before you buy it.

You never had to before with Blizzard Games.
    I own every Single one of them, so much for the "Blizzard Hater" part.

Quote from Enty
    PLEASE DON'T COME TO A >>>>>FANS

Flame <--> Criticism

Two pair of Socks.

Quote from Enty

If you dont discuss the bad...
    how do you actually plan to improve a game if you dont know where to start?

The barbarians and spinning i don't know what you're talking about. If its a barb randomly whirlwinding? then that is a set bonus from the two one handed swords he has i think it's bul-kathos'. I know this because I bought them for my friend and he loved it, and always whilrwinded randomly.

I never said you did, but i'm saying if you did then would you hate it the same? Yeah, you probably would. Just because the devs are different makes no difference. It's the end product you hate and therefore you can't actually change it unless the dev's have a change of heart too. You know you drew a butterfly in art class but I drew a dragon, same shit Jay wanted a more user friendly Diablo one with a little bit more pizzazz too it with flashy skills and color and a painting style, grinding gears however did not opting for a more washed realistic gritty texture, neither is wrong or necessarily better universally but to you the gritty realistic one might be preferred and therefore you like PoE more which is fine. But you can't say one is better on purely subjective matters and The companies monetary assets again has 0 to do with the quality of the game.

To you're comment on Blizzard and never having to look into the game before you bought it, I can somewhat agree I mean their history is pretty much perfection, but to expect that perfection every time is a bit demanding don't you think? I mean It's hard to get it universally right 100% of the time pleasing everyone is not an easy task. They did it for a while but eventually you had to see a break in quality. It happened to be Diablo 3, The wow Expacs. I think SC2 is an amazing game and is only going to grow better, I believe the same for D3 but D3 had a much rougher start to it than any past Blizzard game. No matter what though you can count on Blizzard to support this game 100% and continue to improve it no matter how many players they have. It will eventually become one the greatest ARPG's it might just take a little while to perfect it, which to me is okay because every game needs tweaking and additions.

For the last two points I guess I went a little overboard with my statement but it still stands that its stupid to come to a Fans forum and flame the game. It's okay to criticize but not to flame. And its very clear when its flame and when its criticism. "Fuck this game" "PoE IS way better there's no comparison" "Diablo 3 is a turd" Diablo 3 doesn't deserve the time of day" This is flame... This is criticism "Diablo 3 has its faults, 1,2 &3. This is the way to solve faults 1,2 & 3. This is what i think it did good 1,2, & 3(or nothing)" And I love it when people criticize the game it allows room for improvement I hate though when people come in and get all mad and start spewing garbage like "fuck this game go to POE" or "BLIzzard has so much money and poe didn't" It makes no difference and its pointless to state it gets the discussion no where because then you just get into flame wars between radical fanboys who don't give a shit about any criticism and the radical flamers who just say fuck everything all the time. Then those like us who want actual discussion just get drowned out in the middle and our talks get nowhere.

Quote from maka

Quote from Enty

Worst.
    Approach.
    Ever.

No Not the worst, I'm saying that as a fans forum you have to agree coming here and bashing a game is simply stupid? There's no reason for it on a fans forum. I don't say you can't criticize the game. I do too. I have my gripes with D3 but I don't think it is bad and I never bash it, and even if i did hate it I wouldn't come to DIABLOFANS and say this game is a turd and Blizzard is a waste. But this whole thread is about how PoE is soooo much better and how D3 is just a huge failure and such a bomb that its only comparison is to something lesser than a turd. You can't expect to get any actually valid reasonable responses to that type of pure hate.

Again to reiterate I'm not saying don't criticize because that's okay, just don't hate or expect to come to the fans forum and hate with any sort of actual discussion cause its just improbable to happen.
    Not even Death will save you from Diablo Bunny's Cuteness!

Quote from pterosmacktyl

Your comparisons don't make sense. Regardless of labeling FF7 was good from start to finish.

FFVII is an extremely long grind, in case you don't remember.

Quote from pterosmacktyl

WoW was the same, it was just that most of the playerbase ended up at max level and so that is where most of the content was developed.

You are talking as if players just happened to stumble into max level. Like Blizzard reps went into work one day and saw, "Oh hey everyone. Most of our playerbase is max level. What do we do?"

If you think the concept of "end game" was developed in retrospect, by any gaming company, after realizing that players were reaching max level, you are sadly mistaken.

And as for WoW being "action packed" throughout the leveling process, surely it is so wonderfully fluent that they didn't decide to reduce the required level for slow mounts, and put the minimum dungeon finder level at 15.

Do you actually remember hoofing it on your Tauren over to Org before you had the FP? Do you remember running from Stormwind to Redridge to get that one? If you think for one moment that was "action packed and eventful", perhaps you should hop off of your 310% flying mount, and give that journey another run-through.

Quote from pterosmacktyl

As it is now, PoE takes a huge amount of time investment to even reach the point of good combat.

Right. You can get to level 70 in 3 days played or less. How long does it take you to reach the level 70 equivalent (ie. able to do end game content) in many other games? Let's see... WoW without BoAs, D3 without BoAs, D2 without rushes, FFVII without Game Genie...

Quote from pterosmacktyl

I feel like most of these arguments are so black and white. PoE has a lot of great ideas (highly customizable characters, refillable flasks with affixes) but it has a long way to go before it is the same quality level as D3.

Spoken like a true fanboy.

Quote from pterosmacktyl

Better combat (especially early on) would do wonders for the game.

I guess you missed the part where you can get to level 20 in like 2 hours, yes?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes