Blizzard is Unaware of Diablo 3's Downfall...

I think that Blizzard needs to fix the unrewarding experience that the post-game has right now in order to do well in expansion sales. If they manage to return the excitement feeling when you are about to open a chest/kill an elite pack/kill a boss/etc, then, a lot of players will be interested again in buying a possible expansion.
    Diablo 3 was released earlier than intended to be filler for WoW between the times of the end of Cataclysm to beginning MoP. The reason the game doesn't satisfy people is the fact that it is an unfinished product, which is slowly getting better with patches of things that were supposed to be game when it was released.
    Quote from Indimix

I think that Blizzard needs to fix the unrewarding experience that the post-game has right now in order to do well in expansion sales. If they manage to return the excitement feeling when you are about to open a chest/kill an elite pack/kill a boss/etc, then, a lot of players will be interested again in buying a possible expansion.

Hm, I felt that in D2 the chances of getting a good drop were not better than in D3. In countless Baal runs I only got lots of crap. I think I even got a fair amount of items from gambling. Even though I played only solo or with friends, never public nor used any trading, I preferred ladder b/c of the low level rune words. That was something a "not so hardcore player" like me, who would never get BiS or super rare items and never saw a high rune, could make use of. The equivalent short-term fix for me in D3 would be crafting. If they extend a bit on the idea they're starting in 1.07 it could work - you have to farm yourself to craft (BoA Demonic Essence) and the item is BoA as well (gets me out of the "price tag assigned to every item drop" problem).

But I wouldn't mind if they follow your advice as well - a bit more excitement overall would be nice ;-) It's difficult though; how are you gonna create "excitement" for a player with 1000+ hours played? If you find an update every hour, the player will be bored by updates after 100 hours (see TL2). If you find an update every 50 hours, the player will give up on the way (that's why many people are quitting D3). It's difficult to find the right balance.

Quote from Wylo

Diablo 3 was released earlier than intended to be filler for WoW between the times of the end of Cataclysm to beginning MoP. The reason the game doesn't satisfy people is the fact that it is an unfinished product, which is slowly getting better with patches of things that were supposed to be game when it was released.

Not to disagree that they released an unfinished product, but just wanted to point out that D3 was not released earlier than intended. In fact, it was already 2 years (or more) late. It was nice to see that Activision had no handle in forcing Blizzard to publish even earlier, but they could postpone release over and over again just like in good old times. And I think many of the errors that had to be fixed wouldn't have come up with a 3 months delayed release; the open beta didn't have nearly as many players as the game on release, and it didn't have any endgame testing because of level cap.

But agree that it was an unfinished product, it actually had "release quality" for Blizzard standards around September and now it's slowly getting better.
    Quote from maka

Quote from mic129
    never said 12 million players arte playing when 12 MILLION COPIES SOLD. use your brain.

Again, you insist on spreading this lie. 12 million copies were NOT sold. Google "free diablo 3 wow annual pass".

Those copies were not free, having to pay for a full year of WoW is an entry cost. This is extremely nitpicky on your part.
    You know what though, I grinded the FUCK out of diablo 3. I gave it so many chances. Not only has it turned me off from ever purchasing a sequel to a game I enjoyed ever again, it has completely shattered my faith in Blizzard. The biggest difference between Diablo 3 and other games, isn't the amount of time invested - I grinded the fuck out of them too - but I dont want my wasted time back from those games. I want my god damn time back from this piece of shit. That might sound a little harsh, but I paid for this turd, and I rant because a small, lowly portion of my little gaming heart says "Blizzard please redeem yourselves" Fix this fucking game before I go burn it on your doorstep!
    This thread went from QQ to Ratings are useless, to PoE vs D3 to FUCK BLIZZ... in 7 pages. I might just go crawl in a hole and cover it with a mountain because of this stupidity. It's a god damned game. That is it. So you don't like it? don't play it? And all this nonsense about PoE or D3 really come on DEAD HORSE BEATING IS NOT OKAY! They're two completely different games where it matters. You prefer this I prefer that it's just more or less the same bullshit you've been spewing since the release and hell even before it. Enough is enough you don't wish good for blizz please leave us FANS (People who care and want to see this game succeed) alone please.
    Not even Death will save you from Diablo Bunny's Cuteness!

Quote from Enty

This thread went from QQ to Ratings are useless, to PoE vs D3 to FUCK BLIZZ... in 7 pages. I might just go crawl in a hole and cover it with a mountain because of this stupidity. It's a god damned game. That is it. So you don't like it? don't play it? And all this nonsense about PoE or D3 really come on DEAD HORSE BEATING IS NOT OKAY! They're two completely different games where it matters. You prefer this I prefer that it's just more or less the same bullshit you've been spewing since the release and hell even before it. Enough is enough you don't wish good for blizz please leave us FANS (People who care and want to see this game succeed) alone please.

Careful there buddy, as soon as someone reads that your'e a fan, you'll be a fanBOY! Because, you know, apparently rooting for something you like makes you and idiot... or something.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    if you honestly think you're satisfied with this game, you obviously werent around when other blizzard games were released in comparison to other games at the time (WC/SC/D1 up to about Warcraft 3) It really went downhill from WoW.... Compare that to this turd now, you should be upset.They just dont follow the same calibre they used to, Diablo 3 is a joke.
    Quote from TheSeanis

if you honestly think you're satisfied with this game, you obviously werent around when other blizzard games were released in comparison to other games at the time (WC/SC/D1 up to about Warcraft 3) It really went downhill from WoW.... Compare that to this turd now, you should be upset.They just dont follow the same calibre they used to, Diablo 3 is a joke.

I'm sorry that you didn't care for the game. Myself, I've had a blast playing it and will likely play it for many years, given that it continues to grow so well. You should, however, try harder not to impose your opinion onto others like that.

Your posts are essentially saying "If you enjoy D3, you're stupid". That is a very arrogant statement to make.
    BurningRope#1322
    Any game can be objectively analyzed letting personal opinions out of the question. I believe that.

Only some aspects of a game can be totally and completely left to personal taste (to some extent), like the art direction, the music or sound effects, everything that does not interfere with the gameplay belongs to a gray area were some people can love them and others hate them, and they are both right.

So, this game has flaws that surpass any bias or personal opinion, flaws that are in the very core of how the game works, how the mechanics of the gameplay itself interacts with the player. From obvious itemization problems to lack of choices in runes kills, the game has a whole set of root problems that need to be taken care of in order to move on.

After all, a game is just a bunch of mathematical variables, we play with them through a nice and interactive UI. If the formula is flawed, boring or just plain dull, the game suffers greatly. That is what is happening right now with this game. That's all. And a big part of it is not a result of incompetence from their makers, but on the contrary, is on purpose to generate revenue from the RMAH. The RMAH variable altered the formula in a way a lot of excitement options just cant coexist, like skill rune improvements, a good blacksmith, a well thought itemization, and the list is endless.

But (this is a personal opinion), the results they are getting are not the expected ones, and players are quitting faster than expected.

However, the game from 1-60 is a really nice experience, I've enjoyed it, a lot, even when the dialog and history are quite depressing. Past that is where it becomes dull, boring and then you realize what Blizzard had in mind with the AH.
    You know, I was actually given a point of infraction for "trolling." This is complete nonsense. Lets look at how asinine it is to give me an infraction for posting my opinion. My statements were in a response to "fanboys" or other "brown nosers" blindly supporting the game and deciding to actively be a contrarion. If you were only allowed to purchase one game with the $60 you spent on Diablo 3 I bet you would be a little more critical of your purchase. It is ONLY the fanboys who tell people who are dissatisfied with the game to shut up and that they don't want to hear those kinds of remarks, yet, you dont see the unhappy telling the satisfied customers to stop spreading kind remarks about the game. The fact is, we both spent our money, and on a community forum we are both entitled to a fucking opinion. Why the mods have decided to attempt to censor or alter the public image of the game is completely ridiculous and childish. My infraction was administered by Daemaro.

It also appears my post was deleted, that some idiot claimed you cant convert a score based rating into a 1/100 system. The fact remains, you obviously fucking can, the non-convertable exmaple was 4.5/5 -> =/= 1/100 score = 90/100 or 9/10, take a math class and stop trying to tell people that the metascore ratings are misleading. You dont have a degree in political science or appropriate polling so dont start blabbering about what is good data or bad data. If theres a vast majority of people claiming dissatisfaction of a game compared to mixed reviews or positive reviews that is a red flag. If this website is truly trying to be a legitimate fan-based site all credibility is about to go out of the window as soon as you start censoring peoples opinions. Daemaro, you should have your modship removed permanently.
    Not to fan the flames, but I don't think it's unreasonable for people on any fan forum to request (preferably politely, often not) that people who aren't fans take their opinions elsewhere. The purpose of a fan forum is basically for people who enjoy a thing to sit around and talk about a thing they like.

There is no obligation to be symmetrical about this. It's a fan forum for God's sake... it's not remotely unreasonable to ask people with an entrenched, broadly negative opinion about the game to pipe down and take it elsewhere. Of course people are entitled to their opinions, but I don't see a particularly strong argument for saying that all and sundry should be able to express those opinions here.

I don't come here expecting people to persuade me to dislike the thing I came here to talk about, and honestly it just gets tiresome having to trawl through the same adversarial intransigence when I just want to spitball about how to fix crafting, bitch about paragon levels not being shared or exchange unconventional monk builds.

/rant
    TheSeanis you can and should express your opinion respecting other's users and opinions, even if they insult you, then just report them.

Besides.. I don't think the mods here are specially happy with the current status of the game, at least that is my impression. Being a mod doesn't mean they are paid fanboys.
    move along nothing to see here. Go play PoE. I like D3 and so do millions of others. Ive played this game more than any other I have ever had.
    Quote from TheSeanis

You know, I was actually given a point of infraction for "trolling." This is complete nonsense. Lets look at how asinine it is to give me an infraction for posting my opinion. My statements were in a response to "fanboys" or other "brown nosers" blindly supporting the game and deciding to actively be a contrarion. If you were only allowed to purchase one game with the $60 you spent on Diablo 3 I bet you would be a little more critical of your purchase. It is ONLY the fanboys who tell people who are dissatisfied with the game to shut up and that they don't want to hear those kinds of remarks, yet, you dont see the unhappy telling the satisfied customers to stop spreading kind remarks about the game. The fact is, we both spent our money, and on a community forum we are both entitled to a fucking opinion. Why the mods have decided to attempt to censor or alter the public image of the game is completely ridiculous and childish. My infraction was administered by Daemaro.

It also appears my post was deleted, that some idiot claimed you cant convert a score based rating into a 1/100 system. The fact remains, you obviously fucking can, the non-convertable exmaple was 4.5/5 -> =/= 1/100 score = 90/100 or 9/10, take a math class and stop trying to tell people that the metascore ratings are misleading. You dont have a degree in political science or appropriate polling so dont start blabbering about what is good data or bad data. If theres a vast majority of people claiming dissatisfaction of a game compared to mixed reviews or positive reviews that is a red flag. If this website is truly trying to be a legitimate fan-based site all credibility is about to go out of the window as soon as you start censoring peoples opinions. Daemaro, you should have your modship removed permanently.

First. You were quoting the Moderation Manager of the forum, who has been in that position for 6 years.

Second. You're calling him an idiot, twice now.

Third. You're discussing moderation when that's against the rules. If you don't like it PM an administrator.

Forth. You don't know who has or hasn't taken a class in political science.

Fifth. You have the absolute worse opinion for a game to which this site is devoted to. Calling it a turd is considered trolling, because you're inciting people to flame you. Calling anyone else an idiot, including member or staff, calling the game a turd or continuing to discuss moderation in topics is bad for your membership here. That includes continuing this conversation.
    Careful there buddy, as soon as someone reads that your'e a fan, you'll be a fanBOY! Because, you know, apparently rooting for something you like makes you and idiot... or something.

Nailed it.

I always feel like I should lead with a formal apology and page long disclaimer any time I have something positive to say about this game.
    Quote from Catalept

There is no obligation to be symmetrical about this. It's a fan forum for God's sake... it's not remotely unreasonable to ask people with an entrenched, broadly negative opinion about the game to pipe down and take it elsewhere. Of course people are entitled to their opinions, but I don't see a particularly strong argument for saying that all and sundry should be able to express those opinions here.

I don't come here expecting people to persuade me to dislike the thing I came here to talk about, and honestly it just gets tiresome having to trawl through the same adversarial intransigence when I just want to spitball about how to fix crafting, bitch about paragon levels not being shared or exchange unconventional monk builds.

I'm pretty sure that Dae said that in different words earlier in this thread.

If you hate Diablo 3 and no longer have any hope or interest for it anymore, why are you in the Diablo 3 section? Please do not come into threads just to nay say and cause controversy.

I think that was pretty clear that the mods don't think that this site is here for people to just talk shit about Diablo, or Blizzard. There was nothing unclear about it, and for someone to come here, talk shit about D3, have his post removed, then call the mods idiots a second time is about as ergregious as you can get and I think it shows just how generous the mods are that he isn't banned and that this is not a forum where "censorship" has run amok. This is not 4chan for fuck's sake.

There is nothing wrong with wanting these forums to be better than the YouTube comments which almost always turn into abortion or political debates. Maintaining some expectations of what general attitudes will be present here is fine. At the end of the day, it doesn't matter if you have a positive or negative opinion - but do so in a constructive way. Don't come in here with RMAH conspricay theories and expect it to be tolerated. Base opinions in facts, not speculation unless you're noting that you're being speculative, etc. For example:

"I feel that Blizzard may be inclined to encourage RMAH purchases because it generates long-term revenue"

is very different in tone and how people respond to it than...

"Bli$$ivision is just raping its customers with the RMAH"

and if someone can't figure out why one is trolling (and generally gets removed) then they just don't belong here anyway. There is simply no reason that so many posts have to default to the second style which not only doesn't display a clear path of logic (cause, effect) for the reader to follow, but also passes off opinion as fact in a very crude manner.

It saddens me that this is up for debate because the mods have really taken a pretty hardline stance not on the opinion of the poster, but on how they express said position. You'd think people would wise up after an infraction or two.
    66.0k elite kills :: 1.97m total kills :: p244
    Planet Express <PlanEx>
    (V) (°,,°) (V)
    Is not that simple Shaggy, sometimes the content of the message is more important than how is delivered to us. So I can politely say to you how the AH made us a favor to improve the overall game experience (which is complete bullshit) or I can tell you OMG DIS GAME IS BROKEN FUCK AH OMG1!!!1!!! <- which is somewhat right.

However, our cultural and social environments tell us that is not important what the message actually contains, but who is saying it and how is being said. Maybe in a few decades, this situation changes, and people starts paying attention at what is actually being said instead of how or by whom.

If you read and pay attention at how Blizzard answer to the users, it says nothing, you finish to read 25 lines and then you end up with a big: "so....". That is politics.
    If you honestly think D2 was the better game, then you should take off your nostalgia goggles and smash them with a sledgehammer.
    PoE is only interesting because it is new and people need something to compare D3 against.
    Over time, PoE will add more and more stuff to their cash-shop (like those pets for $50, are they serious?) because the devs need to make a living.

And just look how long Blizzard supports their games with patches.
    Blizzard fucked up a few major things in D3. Mainly Itemization, social features and a quest/story system that gets bothersome after 100 hours. They know that, and I'll be damned if they don't try to fix it in the expansion.
    Quote from Flexy

Over time, PoE will add more and more stuff to their cash-shop (like those pets for $50, are they serious?) because the devs need to make a living.

You're saying "are they serious?" like it's a bad thing. You'd be surprised at how many people prefer to pay for cosmetic stuff instead of having a "free-to-play" game shop littered with experience and magic find boosts, equipment packs and paid DLCs. So yeah - they are serious.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes