... the most amazing i got till now was a goblin that dropped 3 legendaries, 1 while beating him up and 2 upon death.
Haha that's awesome. I also had a legendary drop while beating him - it was the 1st hit and it was funny to see the HUGE two handed IK mace drop of that little goblin. Never had 3 from a single mob though.
i got a legendary once by bitchslapping a treasure gobo. he threw it to the ground and ran away.
got that one too - all i need now is a resplendent legendary. should of been an achievement made for this
also from bosses - i got legendary only from ubers not the usual quest encounter - but that's maybe because i skip all events when farming act 2 or 3.
the most memorable legendary drops (not because of the quality of the items) were
- the 2 instances when 2 legendaries dropped from a single monster - the double pillars of light are awesome
- the goblin bitchslapping - quite funny actually
- starting an alkayzer run and the first creeper in the core from the azmodan entrance dropped a legendary
- a casual run with some friends on mp5 - fastfarm act 3 - 6 legendaryes in 10 minutes - best run ever (the top after that is 3 legendaryes for a full act 3 clear).
- and of course the barrel encounter - just walked through a group o barrels with my firewalkers and the thing dropped.
Last week I started out at the Arreat Crater checkpoint outside Azmodan's room and got a legendary from a chest at the top of the path . Then a goblin was hanging out near it and he had a legendary wand, two without stacks without killing anything (except the goblin) GO brims! lol
Thought I would share this one because I thought it was funny. I decided to make an infernal staff to do some Whismy for the hell of it. Literally the first monster I whacked when I walked in dropped a legy. lol
Interesting, I didn't think anyone got anything from them other than junk. I may investigate things more closely now. I did get a legendary once from an unusual place just before Azmodan, but I can't remember exactly what.