"Inigo Run" Best Legendary MF farming route (multiboxing, over 600 elite pack/hr)

It annoys me that you try to name the route people have been doing right from the start after your name.
    Quote from JuhnuTheGod

It annoys me that you try to name the route people have been doing right from the start after your name.
    Im sorry that it annoys you, it was not my intention. :QQ: I have not seen anyone do this exact run the way I run it and call it by a specific name. What do you call this run? Maybe your mixing it up with a vota run?
    Quote from Bleu42

Yea idk, I think while I'm neutral on multi-boxing, I think I'm against having a single command for all four accounts. Just my thoughts on it, but I think I'm going to have to side as against this, kind of takes the fun out of it for people who use just one account.
    Not sure how this effects your level of fun. If anything you can actually try it yourself and have more fun? I encourage everyone to at least try it out, the 1-week trial for the program is free. If you dont want to, it shouldn't make your experience of the game any less fun.
    Very cool that there's an Act 2 alternative to Act 3 Alkaizer runs. I really haven't gotten bored of Alkaizer runs particularly, but it's still nice to know there's a way to get better amounts of elite packs to kill in Act 2 as well.

Though, I have to say, I'm really not a fan of this whole "maximizing efficiency" thing. Maximizing efficiency just gets you to the end faster, and even if you maximize every bit of your efficiency, it still takes a long time, so...I don't know, why bother maximizing anything?

And seriously, multiboxing is lame. Really lame. I'm not even saying that because I'm a legit, organic, self-found gear player that only has ONE account, I'm saying that because multiboxing actually makes flipping items for gold on the Auction House and buying all one's gear look more legit by comparison. This is a loot hunt game, the whole purpose is to preen about about a piece of gear you worked hard to find. Using a program to run multiple accounts, just because it gets you "more lootz," is like taking a "male enhancement" pill and thinking you're the bomb in the sack. It's like running a one-man pyramid scheme.

I don't know...every patch that comes out just seems to make the Auction House worth less and less. It may take baby steps, but Blizzard is definitely in the process of offering more options to people that DON'T want to take the easy ways out. You know, making this a "game" again, and diminishing the need for "instant shot to the end" methods.
    Pre AH-shutdown Transcendence/Spirit (Re)gen build, uses only found and crafted gear and gems, can handle MP7.
    The negative responses about multiboxing were a little unexpected here, but oh well. You do realize that you can be a "legit, organic, self-found gear player" and still multibox. Also, I need to "preen about about a piece of gear you worked hard to find." on 4 accounts.

"
    multiboxing actually makes flipping items for gold on the Auction House and buying all one's gear look more legit by comparison" Im not sure what you mean by this. I self found most of the gear worn by my monks, and also self found the gold I used to buy the rest by picking it up in the game and selling the items I found and dont need. If anything I help the economy.

If you think multiboxing is an
    "instant shot to the end" you are very, very wrong. This takes alot of time, and effort learning how to multibox effeciently, and gearing up each of your characters, let alone the money needed for the 4 accounts, ISboxer subscribtion, multiple monitors, and a CPU that can run all of the above.
    I used to run that route, too. But that was before MP was implemented and I wasn't exactly geared enough for act 3.
    I think with multiple monitors finding the legendaries isn't a problem with the sound notice, but I'm curious about rings and amulets on the other accounts. I don't think you can scan 3 monitors for those quickly enough, do you ignore them and just loot those on the active account/window?
    "If you think multiboxing is an"instant shot to the end" you are very, very wrong. This takes alot of time, and effort learning how to multibox effeciently, and gearing up each of your characters, let alone the money needed for the 4 accounts, ISboxer subscribtion, multiple monitors, and a CPU that can run all of the above. "

And so...why would I want to spend ALL THAT money for 4 accounts, a subscription to a program, multiple monitors, and a CPU that can handle all that, just so I can spend the majority of my time fishing through the best gear in the game that I farmed with an "efficiency" program, instead of just playing from the beginning and enjoying the whole way? Honestly, there are people who study the economy, flip the right rares for the right prices of gold, who can have perfectly rolled gear without any of that, ;-)

"I self found most of the gear worn..."

You cut down time by multiplying how much you play. The people in charge of the game may not deem it "illegal," since you're paying for all your accounts, but it's still a crummy way to play.

"If anything I help the economy."

That's about the last straw. No, you don't help the economy. What you do is flood the economy with items so that average players, who want to make a bit more gold on stuff they sell, can't sell anything without lowballing. Believe me, I have no problem with just vending all the stuff I don't want, I lowball stuff constantly and I'm happy with it. But multiboxers are basically "gold businesses." You and other multiboxers end up creating a monopoly on the source of items, so that only multiboxers have the chance to acquire the best items, and an average player, that comes across a great find, won't have any chance to make a sale.

Additionally, what pride or joy do you get manipulating the system this way? You find piles and piles of legendaries. Great! Honestly, you could've taken much of that money cited above and just hit the RMAH and bought gear. Truthfully, THAT'S more legit than this. At least ONE player with a character that bought gear on the RMAH at least plays with one character at a time. You use your money to manipulate this game and make all the sales yourself...

Ya know what? I actually take this back. You do help the game in some aspect. If YOU'RE taking on the role of the person selling all the items, and YOU'RE ruining the enjoyment of playing the game for yourself, people won't feel as compelled to use the AH anymore. People won't be so frustrated at not being able to sell anything, because they won't bother. Sales will go down for everyone except you, botters and dupers, and most actual PLAYERS, who want a challenge game to enjoy, will just vend and farm their gold, and go back to playing the game the hard way, the way it was meant to be played.

You'll end up turning into the most high end vendor in the game. So...yeah, please continue. Already, the AH is unnecessary to get to the end. Every major patch that's released does more and more to make it less and less needed to complete the game. Eventually, less and less people will use it. At which point, you'll only be multiboxing to gear your own characters, which hopefully, will look more and more like a cheap way to play by a majority of players.

Keep it up.
    Pre AH-shutdown Transcendence/Spirit (Re)gen build, uses only found and crafted gear and gems, can handle MP7.
    A lot of aggression directed towards someone who actually bothered to share his insight on efficient farming spots...As if this one particular player destroyed the whole market.
    I'd say people have really differing thresholds when it comes to other players ways of accumulating wealth. Some might say that someone dedicating their whole free time, e.g. 8 hours a day, is already an unfair advantage. Some think full time streamers playing 10~16 hours a day destroy the market for others. Some think multiboxing is the fine line. And some may or may not care about playing the AH. Personally I feel there is a big difference between playing the AH and multiboxing, as the multiboxer still actually plays the game and puts in some extra effort to maximize his outcome. The AH-player however disregards the actual game and turns D3 into a stock market, buying low & selling high, predicting price fluctuation and maybe even buy stuff in bulk and setting an own min price level for certain items. I think the AH-players are much more harmful to the market than multiboxers, yet it is mostly still within their rights to do exactly what they do and have fun with playing a mini stock market.
    In the end most of the players feel like given a certain amount of effort should give them a certain amount of wealth. Even without prices beeing influenced by things like botting, AH-players and multiboxers, RNG alone might pretty much screw you over even with a high time investment. Most love RNG when it favors them, and hate it (even without realizing it), when it does not :)
    honestly cardinalmdm, you're an obnoxious single minded moron when you say things like that.... multiboxers are gold businesses? they flood the market? i think you're confusing botters and chinese who use a program to play the game for them to make money, with multiboxers who use multiple toons to play the game together.... each and every input during a session of play is controlled push for push by the multiboxing player... and no we dont flood the market... we just play and enjoy the game differently than you do.... we play like someone would if 3 of their friends always played with them every time every day and shared all the loot.... its still 4 characters its still 4 accounts its just one person orchestrating it all. you're bitter cardinal... its a hobby, its a game... Y U SO MAD BRO

on topic, =) i've grown accustom to using this route on my characters for act 2 key farming as well as general farming on mp5 for my cmww wiz... much more efficient and relaxed than act 3 turbo runs.... /yawn lol
    Err.... what's this about?

Play the game, enjoy it, or move on. But all this hatred towards someone who does something different is pointless. There will always be people who are better, have more time, more money on their credit card, are more efficient, and so on. The good thing about D3 is: it is a non-competitive game, other than the competition you make up yourself. I don't care if someone has better gear, invests more time, does multiboxing, AH-flipping, or plays with his right hand tied to his back.
    Ive been doing this run for quite some time now...my goal was to max my mf as much as possible before dedicating time to it, but its really the best item farm you'll find. If you are wanting to farm "guaranteed" gold per/hr, however, this isnt the best.

In terms of the multiboxing thing and people accumulating wealth...he's obviously put in the time and money to build a system that can handle his multiboxing and I am sure Blizz is aware of what he is doing and the fact that he is still doing it tells me they are okay with it.

I make more in my career than I ever would playing diablo, nor would I want to waste my life away staring at a screen 16 hours a day, but when I do play I like to maximize my efficiency. This person obviously enjoys what he gets out of putting in hours upon hours a day farming and streaming to get viewers and popularity in the game world...so who cares what he does? If there was no people paying for gear/gold in the game then there would be no purpose really for playing the ah to accumulate wealth or to bot or whatever it is people do to gain an advantage.

To some its just easier to pay 20 bucks to maximize their fun factor while playing, obviously there will be those that cash in on it and those that dont.

I do find it amusing all these players putting their name in front of a "run" that thousands of people are probably already doing just to get some sort of recognition that they found something revolutionary.
    I have a question about the run. Did you do act 3 before? Do you feel like in act 2 there are less ilvl 63 legends / set items? The reason why I ask this is, as far as I know even though on MP1 affixes on every item are ilvl 63, the base items drop table, which was revealed before MP was introduced, should still be viable. Which basicly means there should be lower chance for high ilvl legendaries.
    Quote from Astrand

I have a question about the run. Did you do act 3 before? Do you feel like in act 2 there are less ilvl 63 legends / set items? The reason why I ask this is, as far as I know even though on MP1 affixes on every item are ilvl 63, the base items drop table, which was revealed before MP was introduced, should still be viable. Which basicly means there should be lower chance for high ilvl legendaries.

Ive done alot of Act III before this and I can say there is no difference in the ilvl of legendaries that you get...MF affects the affixes you get on a drop, the rolls are randomized...the drop rate isnt affected by MF....its the same across the board as long as you are on MP1 in act II

You'll get in a dry spell when you think man..I wonder if Act III really is better...but its not...its all RNG. It is nice sometimes to switch over for a break in the monotony.

Correct me if I am wrong but I am almost certain drops work like this:

*item to be dropped*
    -First roll ilvl (base drop rate)
    -Then rolls quality (legend, rare, magical, standard...) - base rate with bonus based on MF
    -Then rolls affixes *if applicable* (6 affix rare, 5 affix...etc)
    -Then stat rolls - completely random not affected by any stat
    Quote from Astrand

This should not be the case, since MP1 and higher modifies monsters in act 1 and 2 to be level 63. It is not only that affixes can spawn on lower level items, the monsters themselves are altered; and their drop table should be as well.
    Quote from JuhnuTheGod

Its pretty common sense for the most part if you understand the basic fundamentals of loot and how it works...but some people need recognition for the feeling they have found something revolutionary or game breaking. Im sure there were people running the "alkaizer" method prior to it coming out in the forums, however, they just couldnt dedicate as much time to the cause as he did, nor did they care about being recognized for something that really in the end takes no skill...just time.

If anything people should be recognized for coming up with great builds over finding great runs, rarely do I see that.

who came up with the WW tornado?! or the CM freeze wiz......
    Quote from Astrand

not entirely true. the sets and items ilvl 63 were only found passed act 3 as thats when the mobs were ilvl63.... when u switch on mp1 all mobs are now 63 so you get the chance to drop anywhere
    There have been many people who have tried—or are still running—this route (myself included). It's the best alternative to nonstop Act III runs. This was the primary method for people who hunted for Leoric's Signet on Normal mode back when legendaries were first revamped.

People have also tried this route for paragon leveling (except they picked up 5 NV stacks before VoA for the bonus EXP per kill). Some people also throw in Sewers of Caldeum for the quick 2+ elite packs there.

While it may be more optimal for high DPS TR monk multiboxing (or to an extend, WW barbs), I don't think it's too much more worthwhile than repeating Keep Depths 2 on Act III. That's really what I do. I just run Core, jump to Keep 3, walk my way to Keep 2 and then repeat. Get about 10+ elites anyway.
    Blizzard Entertainment - Diablo III Community MVP
    Lol, you don't even write out the name of the runs properly. You call Alkaizer run for Kiezer buns. BUNS!!!
    You won't get my respect and your name will certainly not be putting a name on that run.

More like Indaygo buns
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    Quote from ghonasyph

honestly cardinalmdm, you're an obnoxious single minded moron when you say things like that.... multiboxers are gold businesses? they flood the market? i think you're confusing botters and chinese who use a program to play the game for them to make money, with multiboxers who use multiple toons to play the game together.... each and every input during a session of play is controlled push for push by the multiboxing player... and no we dont flood the market... we just play and enjoy the game differently than you do.... we play like someone would if 3 of their friends always played with them every time every day and shared all the loot.... its still 4 characters its still 4 accounts its just one person orchestrating it all. you're bitter cardinal... its a hobby, its a game... Y U SO MAD BRO

on topic, =) i've grown accustom to using this route on my characters for act 2 key farming as well as general farming on mp5 for my cmww wiz... much more efficient and relaxed than act 3 turbo runs.... /yawn lol

First of all, I'm not a single-minded moron. You wanna know why "I'm so mad," bro? Honestly, I'm not mad at you...I'm mad FOR you.

The Diablo franchise has become what it is because it provides fairly simple game mechanics that offer a single player literally THOUSANDS of hours of play time, because the item hunt is supposed to be satisfying. Even if people trade and meet friends and compare loot, hell, even if they buy items off the Auction House (which I also highly discourage because of how it undermines that very item hunt), it's a game that's difficult because ONE person has only so much access to so many channels worth of items.

You say "each and every input during a session of play is controlled push for push by the multiboxing player." I'm well aware of that.

You say, "we play like someone would if 3 of their friends always played with them every time every day and shared all the loot." Right...but every multiboxer gets all that different loot for themselves. You don't NEED friends or acquaintances or anybody to multibox, and yet, you can reap all the benefits. You say you aren't a gold factory? How so? You get a steady stream of legendaries and set items, obviously you don't keep them ALL. Some you might brimstone, but I guarantee, the ones you don't want anymore, you post up for Auction. Thus...yes...you do flood the market with items.

So like I told Inigo....you continue to use your money to give you the tools to make Diablo entirely un-fun for yourself. Get all the best items in the game because you have the cash to spare. Do everything you can to do as little as possible. And by all means...do NOT actually earn the great items you acquire. If this were Diablo 2, you wouldn't be able to pull this nonsense. Bare minimum, you'd have to be power-leveled by a friend, and even then, you'd still have to fight and struggle to get to the endgame content.

Anyway, I mostly play solo, so fine...you guys knock yourselves out. Hopefully, some self-found geared toon doesn't ace you and every botter and AH addict in PvP and make all your haaaaaaaaaaaard work seem pointless, ;-)
    Actually I fondly remember the drop mechanics of D2, where more players in the game meant more loot: for each player within the area, or each 2 players within the game in general, you'd have less of a no drop chance for monsters. Endgame farming for me was doing Diablo and Baal alone in 8 player games :)
    Now you could argue that for this very purpose MP-levels have been introduced, and you'd be right to a certain degree. However it's really debatable whether higher MP-levels actually net you more legendaries.

I can't deny your point about "flooding the market", however keep in mind that this is really a 2-sided situation. While farming for items might net you less gold, getting mid level gear has become incredibly cheap, even achievable through mild gold farming. Quite a few people might actually enjoy lowered prices, because it might make items available for them that were impossible to obtain a few weeks or months ago with higher prices. Keep in mind that top end gear has always and will always come with an incredible markup compared to other items. This was already the case within the D2 economy and continues to be the case in D3. You could easily equip your whole character to demolish everything in a full game and still have less overall wealth than let's say a perfectly rolled Griffon's :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes