"Inigo Run" Best Legendary MF farming route (multiboxing, over 600 elite pack/hr)

Hello, My name is Inigo Montoya, you may have seen me streaming on twitch.tv. I am an avid Diablo player, and have been playing, and streaming this game more than 8 hours a day since release. I am truly addicted to finding teh lootz. I multibox using ISboxer, and have been using 4x Tempest rush monks.

If you are like the majority of the diablo players, you most likely farm act 3, and do some sort of Kiezer buns, or a modified version of aKiezer bun. This may be the most efficient way to gain EXP for your paragon levels, BUT, at least for me, is not as efficient for farming legendary items.

Let me introduce Act 2. While many of you are familiar with act 2, especially if you've been at this game since launch, many players have completely skipped act 2. I know this because I stream, and am asked everyday, "Where are you farming?", and "How do you get to the Vault of Assassin?"

You can reach the waypoint to Vault of Assasin by starting on act2 quest 8, soulstone chamber, and finding the Vault by exploring the desolate sands. Once you reach the Vault, you will get the checkpoint. Its important to not progress further in the game, or use the tower to exit the vault, otherwise you wont start in the vault your next game.

I run the Vault, then Black Canyon Mines, and finish with the Road to Alcarnus. I get an average of 12-14 elite packs on this run (very rarely less than 12) I am multiboxing 4 monks, so this equates to about 50 elite packs killed per run. The runs usually take me around 5 minutes, only picking up specific rares, and legendary items.

When farming for legendary items I chose not to pick up rares (other than rings/amulets) My reason behind this, is the amount of time required to identify them, and sell/keep them. Multiply this with 4 characters, and you will see how much time it actually takes away from farming legendary items. Avoiding the majority of rares will yield you more of what your looking for in the time allotted. I see at least a 100% increase in Legendary, rings and amulets by avoiding the "trash", but sometimes its 200% or even 300% more. Same goes for farming EXP.

Also there is no point of getting valor stacks before the Vault. I am asked daily why I dont get stacks prior to clearing it. This is why:
    There is a set amount of elites you will find in your run. Getting stacks prior to clearing a certain area gives you no benefit (excluding bosses) If there is 12 elite packs in your run, you will always have 7 packs killed with 5 stacks of valor. It DOES NOT matter if you have stacks before running the vault. If anything it will make your run slower, and less efficient. Unless you believe that certain areas of a map have higher drop rates (tin foil hat)

Here is a video of my current run. I am killing around 50 elite packs per run. 600 per hour. Here is a video of 2 runs. These were both unusually low on packs, and unusually high on legendary drops.

Check me out live on twitch.tv http://www.twitch.tv/d3_inigomontoya

Enjoy!
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HhVXLl3ZT2Q
    Act 2!!!!! :d3d:
    Yea idk, I think while I'm neutral on multi-boxing, I think I'm against having a single command for all four accounts. Just my thoughts on it, but I think I'm going to have to side as against this, kind of takes the fun out of it for people who use just one account.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    I watch your stream pretty often. I always do some act 2 runs since its a nice refreshing change from act 3 sometimes. Cool post anyway, Inigo is awesome xD

Like 1 day ago I was watching your stream and thinking "I need to find a guide for something like this" and here you are!
    Thanks for the route, cant wait to try it out - Act3 is boring me to death
    Quote from Bleu42

Yea idk, I think while I'm neutral on multi-boxing, I think I'm against having a single command for all four accounts. Just my thoughts on it, but I think I'm going to have to side as against this, kind of takes the fun out of it for people who use just one account.

I was hesitant to the thought of multi-boxing but I tried it with two accounts using my witchdoctors and it really restored some of the fun. Now if one of my character dies my other survives 90% of the time and I can quickly resurrect and resume. I have had fun testing Ubers and even tried four accounts at once but it was way too much to manage. I have literally jay wilson'ed the loot and added an interesting dynamic to my farming.

When you watch that video you might think he is playing like normal and everything else takes care of itself but that's simply not the case, multi-boxing with four accounts takes a lot of work and dedication and provides you with no game breaking rewards, its the same RNG grind.

In the end Blizzards official stance approves multiboxing as legitimate way to play Diablo III: http://www.diablofans.com/blizz-tracker/topic/251940-multiboxing/ :Thumbs Up:
    Quote from Tree

multi-boxing with four accounts takes a lot of work and dedication and provides you with no game breaking rewards, its the same RNG grind.

Getting 4 times the loot thanks to 3rd party software (ISboxer) seems quite gamebreaking to me.
    i kinda feel the same about multiboxing - imo it should only be allowed with different keysets. you could use a 3rd party program to map another mouse to keys or a controller, but they would have to be seperate.

as it stands now you are pressing the same buttons whether you are logged in with 1 account or with 4, only difference is you monitor 4 screens where the shiny loot is.

but as this is about the run - thank you for sharing it, will definatly try it.
    For now it actually does matter where you get your stacks, because on the live servers getting 2 stacks is required for the bonus item drop chance on trash mobs to take effect. This can be neglected for people playing on low mp, but with increasing mp levels you might miss out on a few of those higher concentrated packs in the vault.
    On the PTR however there seems to be a bonus drop chance without stacks. There has been no mentioning of this change in the patch notes, so I'm not really sure whether this is intended (and maybe was to begin with?). But until those changes go live, there is a downside to starting with vault. I'd say: if you play on a rather high mp level, tp to canyon and circle first for 2 stacks, then go vault for the bonus item chance. If you play on low mp, Inigo's run is perfectly fine.
    Quote from Demon665

For now it actually does matter where you get your stacks, because on the live servers getting 2 stacks is required for the bonus item drop chance on trash mobs to take effect. This can be neglected for people playing on low mp, but with increasing mp levels you might miss out on a few of those higher concentrated packs in the vault.
    On the PTR however there seems to be a bonus drop chance without stacks. There has been no mentioning of this change in the patch notes, so I'm not really sure whether this is intended (and maybe was to begin with?). But until those changes go live, there is a downside to starting with vault. I'd say: if you play on a rather high mp level, tp to canyon and circle first for 2 stacks, then go vault for the bonus item chance. If you play on low mp, Inigo's run is perfectly fine.

If you mean that it would make sense to get some stacks in a low mob density area first in order to get the bonus loot chance for the big trash packs in the vault, you are technically right and maybe it makes sense to run mines/road prior to vault. But the bonus loot chance on mp1 (that's what inigo farms usually) is anyway really low and thus the drops from the elites are much more significant. So it doesn't matter in which order you kill the elites I guess.

To inigo's post I have to say that your claim "over 600 elite packs / hour" is kind of false advertisement. In terms of loot you are right, you get the loot for 600 elite packs / hour with multiboxing 4 chars, still you kill only about 125 elites per hour. If you for instance play together with three friend and you kill 12 elite packs in a single run together, you also wouldn't claim that you guys killed 48 elite packs, right? But I agree this number makes the title more catchy and I guess that was your goal.

Anyways keep up the good work. I really enjoy your stream.
    I have a silly question tho, how do you pick up the loot on the other 3 chars ? you got like 1-3 extra screens standing around or something ?
    IAS-starvec cm-wizard.
    Still looking for friends to play (eu)
    Thanks a lot for explaining your route and not just post a video link like many others do !

I thnik I'll try this and maybe add some keywarden kills sometimes since I need act 2 keys :)
    Quote from Qoffee

I have a silly question tho, how do you pick up the loot on the other 3 chars ? you got like 1-3 extra screens standing around or something ?

I have multiple monitors, and I have hotkeys to swap each diablo instance to my mainscreen.
    And to clear up any confusion, each character is killing around 150 elites per hour, for a total of 600 elite packes killed per hour.
    Thank you for sharing the information. However, it does seem as though there is other software functioning for you in conjunction with what you use to multibox. You appear to notice legendary drops on your 3 puppet accounts faster than would be possible by having to scan 2-3 other monitors.

Other than that, you seem like a very kind person so +1 for kindness...just not so sure that ISboxer is the only program open in the background.
    Quote from Bleu42

There are worse things that 'take the fun out of it for people who use just one account'. Boters hauling in money by cynical cheating, destroying the market and competition for everyone else, AH boters sniping up all the good stuff within 0.1 sec, all this on a large scale. Multiboxing has been around since the days of EQ1 or before that. Doing it right and setting it all up correctly takes a lot of skill and effort. No offense intended, you're entitled to your opinion but how about you try it yourself, it's a lot of fun actually.
    - I know that my Redeemer liveth, and as the last man He shall stand forth upon the earth -
    - - -
    Quote from Kykiske

Thank you for sharing the information. However, it does seem as though there is other software functioning for you in conjunction with what you use to multibox. You appear to notice legendary drops on your 3 puppet accounts faster than would be possible by having to scan 2-3 other monitors.

Other than that, you seem like a very kind person so +1 for kindness...just not so sure that ISboxer is the only program open in the background.

LootAlert is quite commonly used even among non-multi boxers. Really nothing game breaking.
    More power to you, but I don't approve the multiboxing. You're taking the fun out of the game.
    I've watched you before when you did Act 3 runs. I've never really had a problem with it. I even tried it out myself. I was only trying 3 characters at a time, and let me tell you, it's not as easy as it appears to be. You have to keep them in sync all the time. It really is a challenge. So if you can manage to do it that efficiently, and get your drops, I say more power to you. It's your game, who are any of us to tell you how to play? Even Blizzard said, it's cool bro. Lol
    I AIN'T HAD NO SHOES OR NOTHIN' JESUS.

main problem for newer chars is that Act 2 MP1 is harder than Act 3 MP0

its a good alternative to the repetitive act 3 runs. what i dont like in particular about act 2 are the flying rare mobs
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes