Blizzards ide´s about future PvE

Hio, I have been thinking aleot about the upcoming patch were they add Dueling as the "Main Topic" and some class changes will pop up aswell.

Im not much for duels etc im a player that love to kill monsters and find the treasure.
    So anyone think blizzard will add any more PvE Maps etc or will they just leave it until the next expansion?

Leave your thought´s here and what you think blizzard will do for us that have more love for PvE then PVP =)

// Unrated

The Wizard
    I think the 1st step will be increasing mobs density in other acts than a3.
    I dont expect any pve content added soon, but i have a feeling that they might add something like uber Diablo in a later patch (1.1.X, so after pvp ). It's just a guess, since some ubers are out already, but not the main boss... i guess they are saving him for later.
    Quote from Turtel

I think the 1st step will be increasing mobs density in other acts than a3.
    I dont expect any pve content added soon, but i have a feeling that they might add something like uber Diablo in a later patch (1.1.X, so after pvp ). It's just a guess, since some ubers are out already, but not the main boss... i guess they are saving him for later.
    Thats a good guess, We did have Uber Diablo in D2 so maybe he will show up in D3 aswell.

The Wizard
    Hey, nice to meet another fellow who thinks Pve > PvP. :Thumbs Up:

I agree with Turtel though, I don't think we'll see major content to be added before the expansion. It wouldn't make sense either; the existing content needs some fixes, for example mob density as Turtel already brought up. They will (and should) also focus on itemization and class balancing issues. I'm not talking about balancing classes with regard to PvP - couldn't care less about that - but balancing the different skills that each class has such that there's more than just 1 or 2 main builds. Blizzard is known for monitoring player data and adjusting the skills, i.e., buffing skills that no one uses while nerfing skills that 90% of the players use. That said, I don't know why the big class overhaul for wizards in 1.07 didn't touch CM. I hope they'll address this (via skill or item balancing) so that this game becomes less about CRIT CRIT CRIT and more about diversity.

There were some hints what Blizzard is working on in recent blue posts around 1.07 that make me hope they're on the right track.
    PvE Maps? No.
    But I think they will fix the density, add more crafting materials perhaps and even NPCs and/or legendaries.
    Class changes and dye on legendaries.

Duel is a fun-factory and nothing that replace anything, its a bonus.
    PvP is coming in the future, the real thing.

Maps, classes, talisman, third artisan, charms, more monster.. etc. etc. will come in expansion.

Swedish Official Fansite www.Diablo3pvp.se

Quote from Bagstone

Hey, nice to meet another fellow who thinks Pve > PvP. :Thumbs Up:

I agree with Turtel though, I don't think we'll see major content to be added before the expansion. It wouldn't make sense either; the existing content needs some fixes, for example mob density as Turtel already brought up. They will (and should) also focus on itemization and class balancing issues. I'm not talking about balancing classes with regard to PvP - couldn't care less about that - but balancing the different skills that each class has such that there's more than just 1 or 2 main builds. Blizzard is known for monitoring player data and adjusting the skills, i.e., buffing skills that no one uses while nerfing skills that 90% of the players use. That said, I don't know why the big class overhaul for wizards in 1.07 didn't touch CM. I hope they'll address this (via skill or item balancing) so that this game becomes less about CRIT CRIT CRIT and more about diversity.

There were some hints what Blizzard is working on in recent blue posts around 1.07 that make me hope they're on the right track.
    Many good points in here,

Yea the Crit and more crit is kinda boring since mostly when you find items that dont have Crit chanse or Crit dmg you mostly throw it away (If it is a "Core Crit item" (Like a weapon etc)

Changeing the skills so players have more then 1-3 builds can be a good step for the Pve play style (Cant find ider archon or Frost wizard any fun tbh)

Any good guess about when blizzard even dare to say anything related to a release date for the expansion? (Maybe they have and i totaly missed it)

The Wizard
    Quote from Enkeria

PvE Maps? No.
    But I think they will fix the density, add more crafting materials perhaps and even NPCs and/or legendaries.
    Class changes and dye on legendaries.

Duel is a fun-factory and nothing that replace anything, its a bonus.
    PvP is coming in the future, the real thing.

Maps, classes, talisman, third artisan, charms, more monster.. etc. etc. will come in expansion.
    True true many find Dueling more fun then PvE but im talking about the future after the Dueling/pvp will we see any new PvE content by then etc =D

Or will blizzard wait with all new Pve until next expansion? That may be a bit risky (If you ask me) since MANY players have reached the point where its "Nothing more to do"

And many find the current stuff (Pve) boring.
    Will blizzard take the risk to wait for the expansion to be complet or will they release any new stuff befor.

The Wizard
    If they are wise, they will bring something more to the table with crafting - which should give another reason to farm for a year or so more before we can start to expect solid news about an expansion.

I agree with all the other stuff mentioned - all classes need to get more buffs to the abilities that are never used.

Itemization needs (and I hope) is the next thing to get pushed through the Patch Machine - as it is the biggest issue for me in PVE. Itemization and crafting is what I expect we will see before an expansion.
    Apart from the fact that 99.9% so far has been about PvE and PvP was promised years ago, I think they'll for sure keep building on D3. I think a lot of players would see core changes (read: fixes) rather than new content right now but we'll probably just see a steady stream of updates, fixes, patches, alterations, iterations, nerfs, buffs and so on.

This is exactly what is going on with WoW - that game is COMPLETELY different now than what it was a few years ago, not to mention in comparison to what it was for the first 1-2 years. No, D3 isn't WoW but if they are half as diligent with D3 over time as they are with WoW then you can expect a lot of cool things to happen with D3 as time goes by.
    Quote from rebjorn

Apart from the fact that 99.9% so far has been about PvE and PvP was promised years ago, I think they'll for sure keep building on D3. I think a lot of players would see core changes (read: fixes) rather than new content right now but we'll probably just see a steady stream of updates, fixes, patches, alterations, iterations, nerfs, buffs and so on.

This is exactly what is going on with WoW - that game is COMPLETELY different now than what it was a few years ago, not to mention in comparison to what it was for the first 1-2 years. No, D3 isn't WoW but if they are half as diligent with D3 over time as they are with WoW then you can expect a lot of cool things to happen with D3 as time goes by.
    Problem when ppl compare WoW and D3 is that WoW is a P2P game and there blizzard lose money if they lose players. They dont if they lose 1000 players from D3 since they have alrdy made the 1time payment. So by saying that is that Blizzard will ofc pay more attention to a game that give money rayher one one that dont.

Ofc the work blizzard do with the core changes are not bad ofc not. But they maybe forget a bit that D3 is not a game that are "Big" You finish it really fast, Same with D2 Expect that in D2 you did need to farm your Back part off to get max level, So there you did still have something to aim for.

In D3 you kinda get the feeling that the game is more or less totaly over when you kill Diablo at inferno and get to see the "End Text"
    Ofc there is farming for better gear but that only hold up until that aswell get boring.

And now ofc i dont want anyone here that replied to think im jumping onto them with "Rude" answers that is not my intention at all =D

The Wizard
    We need an infinite dungeon, "Stairway to hell" xD
    Each 10 levels would give you a boss and a waypoint, it would even bring some measure of healthy competitivity to the game, maybe after 100 levels you would get 2x bosses at same time or boss + pack, so that it would be increasingly challenging.
    Those Who Do Not Know True Pain Cannot Possibly Understand True Peace...
    A infinite tower/hole would be awesome. It might be "too" hard to make until expansion though...the developers are lazy :D
    Make your peace...Quickly!
    Quote from Unrated

will blizzard wait with all new Pve until next expansion? That may be a bit risky (If you ask me) since MANY players have reached the point where its "Nothing more to do"

And many find the current stuff (Pve) boring.
    Will blizzard take the risk to wait for the expansion to be complet or will they release any new stuff befor.

I have heard, from more then 5 different people, not know eachother, that when Diablo 2 launched, it was buged and boring. People stoped playing it and when it got out it was "boring" people didnt buy it.

Then.. Expansion came, and it exploded in the gaming industry, kinda.. People started to play again, more stuff was in it and it was fun again.

My thoughts are that once they get Diablo 3 right, people will join in on the action once again, because of 2 things.

#1. The continue to evolve D3 with patches. There is to this date no confirmation that they will end doing upgrades.
    #2. Expansion(s) are coming. Let's hope it's two of them!

Quote from Kallizk

We need an infinite dungeon

Like this?
    http://eu.battle.net...ic/6533924133#1

Swedish Official Fansite www.Diablo3pvp.se

• To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes